Hi guys & gals: Little help here please

When looking at led make sure you look at actual draw watts. The manufacturers tend to exaggerate a bit. You should check out our sponsors. I know Mars Hydro just released a new sp model. @SmokeSara would be the lady to ask about that one. I run 2 Timber Grow lights in my veg closet and I gotta say their top quality for the price @TimberGrowLights. Good luck on your quest bro!!

When looking at led make sure you look at actual draw watts. The manufacturers tend to exaggerate a bit. You should check out our sponsors. I know Mars Hydro just released a new sp model. @SmokeSara would be the lady to ask about that one. I run 2 Timber Grow lights in my veg closet and I gotta say their top quality for the price @TimberGrowLights. Good luck on your quest bro!!
Tgats why i need a new one i think. I bought 1000 watt but didn't save paperwork but so don't know actual wattage. I noticed tgeyll say compareable to 400 watt HPS for instace. Or itll say output of 200 watts fromwall. What exactly am i looking for it to say?

Tgats why i need a new one i think. I bought 1000 watt but didn't save paperwork but so don't know actual wattage. I noticed tgeyll say compareable to 400 watt HPS for instace. Or itll say output of 200 watts fromwall. What exactly am i looking for it to say?
It should tell you actual draw watts, like my California Lightworks SS440 you would think its 440watts but its actually 350watt draw max. What brand of light do you have?

Tgats what i need! Aroubd 300 actuall watts woukd be great.. My problem is i don't know whatkind of. Light it is cuz i threw all the instructions out a while ago. It doesnt say either. All i can find is it says 1000 watts and 240v output. So idk yours sounds grat how much was it?

It should tell you actual draw watts, like my California Lightworks SS440 you would think its 440watts but its actually 350watt draw max. What brand of light do you have?
The main thing that's bothering me is... I have one grow under my belt. Buds came out really nice. Goodbuzz. Totally happy. However the plant size at harvest was only about 18 inches MAYBE. 24 inches.
I'm not sure if its my light or because i didn't use any nutes. So i got all the nutes and want to get another light just in case

Are you set on LED? Do you have heat issues? Why not look at CMH lighting? It's Ceramic Metal Halide 315 watts. Great light. I am currently using it on my 4x4 grow and it's going well. It would be killer in a 2x2 tent. It doesn't give off much heat compared to HPS.

Are you set on LED? Do you have heat issues? Why not look at CMH lighting? It's Ceramic Metal Halide 315 watts. Great light. I am currently using it on my 4x4 grow and it's going well. It would be killer in a 2x2 tent. It doesn't give off much heat compared to HPS.
No not dead set. I use then cause it was my first time and i knew LED didn't give off much heat. Your set up sounds great. Can u tell me the name?

look up horticulture lighting group aka hlg they make some really nice quantum boards that are full spectrum and put off very little heat but alot of intensity I have a hlg 100 that I'm in love with beats all the other lights I have now I just need to get the hlg 260 so I can get rid of the China box cobs lol

Here is the one I have. I got a different bulb though. Look up 315 watt CMH and do some reading.
VIVOSUN 315W Ceramic Metal Halide CMH/CDM Grow Light Kit, ETL Listed, High-Reflectivity Vega Aluminum Hood, 120/240V Ballast, Full-Spectrum CMH Hydroponic Grow Light and Suspension System

61t94sEYLwL._SL1100_.jpg

I've got a timber in my 2x4x5. It does the job! I've also got a couple of other 'off brand' lights in there. Timbers are compact, run cool, and smooth looking!

The rest of my crap makes a mess but the light is great

Hi Nicky, So now I know your space. :) it is only 2x2x4, is it meter or feet? I suppost feet?

If it is feet, then the space is a little limited, as led grow lights you will need 30~50w/sft, so you need the mostly 200w from the wall for the led grow lights, otherwise, it will have issues as well. Since your height is also limited, I would suggest you run lower wattage.:green_heart:
Now for the Mars 300w or Mars ECO 300 is almost 130w, which can give you 32w/sft. The 600w light will give you more than 60w/sft, which will be over power. So I would suggest you get one 300w light, and then add another smaller (30~50) wattage side light to compensate in flowering.

But if you mean 2x2x4m, then it is another story. You will need much more lights. :Namaste:

Hi Nicky, So now I know your space. :) it is only 2x2x4, is it meter or feet? I suppost feet?

If it is feet, then the space is a little limited, as led grow lights you will need 30~50w/sft, so you need the mostly 200w from the wall for the led grow lights, otherwise, it will have issues as well. Since your height is also limited, I would suggest you run lower wattage.:green_heart:
Now for the Mars 300w or Mars ECO 300 is almost 130w, which can give you 32w/sft. The 600w light will give you more than 60w/sft, which will be over power. So I would suggest you get one 300w light, and then add another smaller (30~50) wattage side light to compensate in flowering.

But if you mean 2x2x4m, then it is another story. You will need much more lights. :Namaste:
Thank you very much. I will now be looking for a new MARSHYDRO!!!!! and yes feet...i ordered wrong one lol

Back
Top Bottom