Highly experienced Vermont Micro Highdro Auto flower Cabinet grower - year 12 growing autos

Smilemeds

This old (10 years now) micro grow cabinet is a 3 foot long, 1 1/2 foot deep and 5 feet height.
Two Mars hydro sp150s hang over the canopy 260 true watts
400 cfm carbon Vivosun filter changed every 9-12 months. This vents out cabinet perfectly.
75 to 80 degrees
40%to 50% rh
20 hours on 4 hours off
Average yield per 1/2 gallon hydro container is 2 and 1/2 ounces
IMPORTANT: play classical string music for at least three hours a day- VERY IMPORTANT!

Have a 50 pint dehumidifier for final weeks to prevent any chance of bud rot. Never have had to deal with rot, & never will with a dehumidifier.

I use r/o water, rain water, and dehumidifier water to mix nuts in. They all work great! Rain is the best!

Blowing on the buds gives em extra co2 if your into that sorta thing.

Meditate with your ladies.

I am about 1/2 way through our 38th micro highdro auto flower medical grow. We are cultivating two legal Vermont grown auto flower plants. One is Auto Night Queen and the other is Critical Orange Punch. Both from the only Autoflower breeder we grow from…Dutch Passion. Never disappoints!

These ladies were started July 19th 2022.

Seeds went into a glass of distilled h20 for 12 hour then into paper towels for 36 - 48 hrs.

From there the seeds are set directly into the 1/2 gallon pots filled with “Groundswell“ medium that is pre wetted with recharge where the seeds will spend the next 3 1/2 to 4 months in.

Don’t believe the hype with root bound issues. This is micro passive hydro! Roots will love you for what you are going to do twice a day, every 12 hours starting around week 4.

Twice daily with happy appreciation you will need to feed these hungry babies starting around the end of week 4. Every 12 hours. For me 5 am and 5 pm.

The first 14 days just ReCharge at 1/8 tsp. Per liter and calmag extra at 1 mL per liter. CAREFUL NOT TO OVERWATER. THIS IS WHY PRE MOISTENING AND FLUFFING THE MEDIUM IS IMPORTANT DIRING THE FIRST 3 WEEKS WITH AUTOS. Very little grow nuts needed at this point! The medium will have enough organic nuts til week 4 to boot. This is why we never use Veg. formulas.

After four weeks the medium becomes quickly inherent and needs more hydro nutrient’s. This is when the plants become hydro IMO. Here is our feeding schedule.

Remember this is for passive micro hydro in 1/2 gallon container. This may not work for other methods. It may too, I don’t know. Can only share what I know from growing this way for over 13 years.

NO flushing necessary (if you stick to the feeding schedule and don’t over feed,) as daily run off (about 1/4 cup) acts as a mini flush. No enzymes needed. I just suck up the run off out of the bottom of the container tray with a Turkey baster. Works gold! This gives you a chance to check the ppm‘s (if your into that.) I have not touched a ppm or ph pen in years.

Ph perfect nutrients takes care of all of that. No issues. Turn key Nutrients. No need for the whole AN line up with this method.

To note: We do add enzymes and rain water to the run off that I feed my house plants with….technically making these grows not “drain to waste, “ but more like drain to reuse. Waste not want not.

No grow a + b needed, no big bud, no rhino needed, no b52 needed, no nirvana, no voodoo, and no sensizyn. I worked these in and out over the years, and found NO difference in yields or quality. Just marketing hype to take your flow from your grow. I feel it taste better with less nuts Anyway.

hope this helps some folks.

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Smilemeds

Beautiful looking garden for have there. :welldone:
Have you been growing long?
What growing medium do you prefer?

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

:welcome: to the forum @Smilemeds :passitleft:

Looks good in there :thumb: ...but to be honest :hmmmm: they grow better with some heavy metal blaring in the background :yahoo::theband: like some 5FDP, or Godsmack :lot-o-toke:

This old (10 years now) micro grow cabinet is a 3 foot long, 1 1/2 foot deep and 5 feet height.
Two Mars hydro sp150s hang over the canopy 260 true watts
400 cfm carbon Vivosun filter changed every 9-12 months. This vents out cabinet perfectly.
75 to 80 degrees
40%to 50% rh
20 hours on 4 hours off
Average yield per 1/2 gallon hydro container is 2 and 1/2 ounces
IMPORTANT: play classical string music for at least three hours a day- VERY IMPORTANT!

Have a 50 pint dehumidifier for final weeks to prevent any chance of bud rot. Never have had to deal with rot, & never will with a dehumidifier.

I use r/o water, rain water, and dehumidifier water to mix nuts in. They all work great! Rain is the best!

Blowing on the buds gives em extra co2 if your into that sorta thing.

Meditate with your ladies.

I am about 1/2 way through our 38th micro highdro auto flower medical grow. We are cultivating two legal Vermont grown auto flower plants. One is Auto Night Queen and the other is Critical Orange Punch. Both from the only Autoflower breeder we grow from…Dutch Passion. Never disappoints!

These ladies were started July 19th 2022.

Seeds went into a glass of distilled h20 for 12 hour then into paper towels for 36 - 48 hrs.

From there the seeds are set directly into the 1/2 gallon pots filled with “Groundswell“ medium that is pre wetted with recharge where the seeds will spend the next 3 1/2 to 4 months in.

Don’t believe the hype with root bound issues. This is micro passive hydro! Roots will love you for what you are going to do twice a day, every 12 hours starting around week 4.

Twice daily with happy appreciation you will need to feed these hungry babies starting around the end of week 4. Every 12 hours. For me 5 am and 5 pm.

The first 14 days just ReCharge at 1/8 tsp. Per liter and calmag extra at 1 mL per liter. CAREFUL NOT TO OVERWATER. THIS IS WHY PRE MOISTENING AND FLUFFING THE MEDIUM IS IMPORTANT DIRING THE FIRST 3 WEEKS WITH AUTOS. Very little grow nuts needed at this point! The medium will have enough organic nuts til week 4 to boot. This is why we never use Veg. formulas.

After four weeks the medium becomes quickly inherent and needs more hydro nutrient’s. This is when the plants become hydro IMO. Here is our feeding schedule.

Remember this is for passive micro hydro in 1/2 gallon container. This may not work for other methods. It may too, I don’t know. Can only share what I know from growing this way for over 13 years.

NO flushing necessary (if you stick to the feeding schedule and don’t over feed,) as daily run off (about 1/4 cup) acts as a mini flush. No enzymes needed. I just suck up the run off out of the bottom of the container tray with a Turkey baster. Works gold! This gives you a chance to check the ppm‘s (if your into that.) I have not touched a ppm or ph pen in years.

Ph perfect nutrients takes care of all of that. No issues. Turn key Nutrients. No need for the whole AN line up with this method.

To note: We do add enzymes and rain water to the run off that I feed my house plants with….technically making these grows not “drain to waste, “ but more like drain to reuse. Waste not want not.

No grow a + b needed, no big bud, no rhino needed, no b52 needed, no nirvana, no voodoo, and no sensizyn. I worked these in and out over the years, and found NO difference in yields or quality. Just marketing hype to take your flow from your grow. I feel it taste better with less nuts Anyway.

hope this helps some folks.

Welcome! I spend most of my free time with my plants. I set my room up so I can sit right outside the tent with the doors open and hang out. As we speak they’re within arms reach. Awesome pictures, you’ve got some monsters there!

Welcome Smilemeds! Nice rig! Burlington huh? I used to thumb through it to get from Boston to Burke and back, way back in the day. I :love: VT!
Well Vermont loves you back. Come back! Hope this finds you stoned immaculate! 🥦 🔥🪴:420:

Hey Mocha, we've been hitting on our Dosi from BlackSkull. You're going to love it!
:welcome: to the forum @Smilemeds :passitleft:

Looks good in there :thumb: ...but to be honest :hmmmm: they grow better with some heavy metal blaring in the background :yahoo::theband: like some 5FDP, or Godsmack :lot-o-toke:

Thank you for the welcome. I appreciate that. :peacetwo::thanks::headbanger::theband::theband:

Welcome! I spend most of my free time with my plants. I set my room up so I can sit right outside the tent with the doors open and hang out. As we speak they’re within arms reach. Awesome pictures, you’ve got some monsters there!
Thank you very much for the welcome. My ladies are not too big, however we appreciate the nice comments. Hope this finds you well and :bong:

:420::peacetwo::green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom