Honz's - True OG - Crown Royal - White Widow - Grow Journal

Since flipping to flower, I have stopped using the three 1gal ultrasonic humidifiers one by one. The last 3 weeks no humidifier at all. The plants themselves have been keeping room humidity at 45-55%. Sometimes a bit higher depending on outside RH.

Here are a couple of flower close-ups. Not bad for my first grow, huh?

image15650.jpeg
image15649.jpeg

Since flipping to flower, I have stopped using the three 1gal ultrasonic humidifiers one by one. The last 3 weeks no humidifier at all. The plants themselves have been keeping room humidity at 45-55%. Sometimes a bit higher depending on outside RH.

Here are a couple of flower close-ups. Not bad for my first grow, huh?

image15650.jpeg
image15649.jpeg
Not to bad at all.

Sent from my LG-D852 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ok it's harvest time. The girls have been in darkness for 36 hours and colas are heavy and laden with trikes. I would say about 40% of trichomes have turned to some level of Amber. I have a friend helping me harvest as this my first. I must say what a learning experience this has been the past 5 months from the time I first decided to build a room to harvest time after 2mos of flowering. The next batch will be two different strains so I'm sure there will be plenty more to learn.

I have decided to try bud washing because it just makes sense. I made a video and will try to get that uploaded later today. There is a before and after photo I'll post with the bud still wet. Holy moly we are going to be trimming a long time. 12 plants and we are conservatively estimating 5-6 lbs. I will also post total weight/wattage and weight of Scrog vs Trees.

One thing I have definitely learned about scrogging is to keep the under-canopy as clean as possible. I didn't leave enough space between the tops of the pots and the bottom of the screen. That made it very difficult to water and do any pruning. I just let the Scrog go wild. We ended up with a bunch of larf because the canopy was so thick. Just means more edibles my wife can make! Next time it will be much cleaner so I expect the bud colas will be even bigger.

image16436.jpeg
image16438.jpeg
image16439.jpeg
image16440.jpeg

OK finally finished trimming! Man 12 plants took waaaaayyy longer to trim than I thought! I'll post a few more pics but first here are some statistics from my first grow:

12 True OG clones in rock wool transferred to FFHF after two weeks
Veg for 6 weeks under 24/7 T5 fluorescents, went to gas lantern schedule for 2 more weeks in veg
Flower for 8 weeks under 4x 1000w HPS 12/12
Plants got 1/ dose AN GMB in Flower
Flushed with molasses 1 week, then straight RO last week.
Dark for 36 then cut. Took 3 days to trim and wash which really was about 24+ hours over the course of 3 days.

Here are the numbers:

The 6 trees netted me 1300 grams of good bud
The 6 in scrog netted 950 grams of bud
280 grams of popcorn bud
250 grams of larf
Approx 1500gr of trimmings for edibles.

So that's 2530gr/28/16=5.6 lbs
Or 2530/4000watts = .6325 grams per watt
Or 1.4lbs per 1000watt light

The bud washing had good results I think. Definitely cleaned them, turned them darker green, and fluffed up buds that were squished. It does take some time but I think it's worth it. Taste test soon. Buds are curing now.

image16619.jpeg
image16618.jpeg

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Thanks Slowpuffer! I got to tell you I have learned so much in the past six months. There is an especially big learning curve when it comes to drying and curing. I actually lost a little bit of weight because it wasn't completely dry and cured. I still made out like a bandit though!
Haha
Well not really considering all the money and effort I put into the room. Still waiting to recoup my investment. I'll post a smoke report soon. Also get started on a new grow journal. This go round I've got white widow and crown royale that I just flipped to flower five days ago.

Back
Top Bottom