Radogast's First Indoor Seed Grow - In Search of Mothers

hahaha love your writing Rado ;) wow she's looking very foxy now. Foxtails freak me out now.... >.< I will forever associate them with hermie plants since my one Golden Gorilla foxtailed and got a female pollen sack for every tail :S

I'd watch out for that. Maybe consider harvesting sooner, if you see any degradation of trichs its probably not going to turn amber before you've lost too many trichs to make the wait worth it, at least it hasn't in my experience (but I suppose this could be error on my part). I don't know much about the strain, although I grew a blue widow a while ago, they're not the same >.< so maybe you should just keep plowing onward with waiting for amber.

Anyways awesome journal again, thanks for sharing! :circle-of-love: see ya!

hahaha love your writing Rado ;) wow she's looking very foxy now. Foxtails freak me out now.... >.< I will forever associate them with hermie plants since my one Golden Gorilla foxtailed and got a female pollen sack for every tail :S

I'd watch out for that. Maybe consider harvesting sooner, if you see any degradation of trichs its probably not going to turn amber before you've lost too many trichs to make the wait worth it, at least it hasn't in my experience (but I suppose this could be error on my part). I don't know much about the strain, although I grew a blue widow a while ago, they're not the same >.< so maybe you should just keep plowing onward with waiting for amber.

Anyways awesome journal again, thanks for sharing! :circle-of-love: see ya!

I had two White Widow this grow, the first harvested at full cloudy- no Amber. Total energetic high.

I had two Carmelicious this grow, the first harvested full cloudy, some Amber after drying. Bobby buzz to the max with a serious stoned high.
The second harvested at half cloudy. Intense energetic high, but short duration.

I think of the Carmelicious as just barely ripe, and half ripe.
The first White Widow seems like it was, almost ripe.
So my goal for the final White Widow is a little bit over ripe, so I can benchmark the range.

I have clones of all four plants that I intend to raise towards whatever "optimums" we decide after White Widow Bellatrix finishes :)

I had two White Widow this grow, the first harvested at full cloudy- no Amber. Total energetic high.

I had two Carmelicious this grow, the first harvested full cloudy, some Amber after drying. Bobby buzz to the max with a serious stoned high.
The second harvested at half cloudy. Intense energetic high, but short duration.

I think of the Carmelicious as just barely ripe, and half ripe.
The first White Widow seems like it was, almost ripe.
So my goal for the final White Widow is a little bit over ripe, so I can benchmark the range.

I have clones of all four plants that I intend to raise towards whatever "optimums" we decide after White Widow Bellatrix finishes :)
Always the wizard with the plan huh Rado? :tokin: Ok well keep up the great work, she definitely looks like a 3/4-Oz'er, foxtails or no!

Always the wizard with the plan huh Rado? :tokin: Ok well keep up the great work, she definitely looks like a 3/4-Oz'er, foxtails or no!

I need a plan. I'm riding the commuter train with kids who think I'm Santa Claus and the leaves are starting to turn.
I need a plan on how not to break their little kid dreams :)
I could wear a turban and sunglasses and the kids still think I look like Santa :)

HARVEST, WASH, and TRIMMING DAY

20140826_132601-1.jpg

20140826_110527-1.jpg

20140826_130555-1.jpg

20140826_130555-1.jpg

20140826_130656-1.jpg
20140826_143608-1.jpg

20140826_132454-1.jpg
20140826_143620-1.jpg
20140826_143712-1.jpg

Only 5 grams of premium trim.

So I dried and smoked it.
Dried 22 min in 170° oven. Smoked in bubbler pipe (Ziggyi) and water bong (Loki.)

Fast onset, fast ending 40 min head buzz dropping into normal clarity.
Body buzz is slow onset (20 min) and arrives gently all over with a massage like sleepy skin.
Tastes very fall colors with none of the pre-trim lemony sour aroma but more earthy wet fall leaves smells.
Body buzz going strong after 80 minutes. Feels like a memory of warm sun in a deck chair.

20140826_130741-1.jpg

:bravo: very well done Rado. Those are some fine looking, fat buds of green joy!

I was very happy to see that you, too, remove those hideous metal things, from your BIC lighters :rofl: I take those things off my friends lighters, just after ask them "why is this here?"

I'll look forward to the cured smoke report.

A most excellent harvest, congrats Radogast! +Reps for a job well done!! :bravo:

Thank you MagicMediwanna :)
Thank you Friends. :)
And thanks to my loving family, who smoked, trimmed and supported me in this, my first ever grow :)

Harvesting this feels like my first ever Academy Award, (or at least pretty darn good !)

:bravo: very well done Rado. Those are some fine looking, fat buds of green joy!

I was very happy to see that you, too, remove those hideous metal things, from your BIC lighters :rofl: I take those things off my friends lighters, just after ask them "why is this here?"

I'll look forward to the cured smoke report.

Smoked myself silly on the quick oven cure yesterday, smooth and happy stuff. :goof::battingeyelashes::byebye::goof::passitleft::tokin:
In about a month, I'll call a family meeting to discuss how ripe to grow and which plants will be cloned again.
There should be multiple smoke reports from that discussion.:)

Thanks for letting me follow along on your quest. You are very inspirational and it's been a joy learning new things along the way.
Here's to future endeavours and many successes. :passitleft:

Cheers!
/Obi Wan
:Namaste:

Thanks ObiWan.

I have had some very fine growers and very fine people following along.

If I were more gracious I would express my deep appreciation for all y'alls help and encouragement.

If my mom raised me with better manners, I would thank everyone by name and share the honest truth that I could not have done half as well without all the advice and matchless assistance.

But I'm a ghetto raised boy, so I'll just frown and look cool :high-five::slide::bong:

Congrats Rado...

Back
Top Bottom