Cynical Roots First Indoor Grow with T5 Lighting Bag Seed & OG Kush

Re: Cynical Roots First indoor Grow with T5 Lighting Bag Seed and OG Kush

Ok so i made 2 decisions today that could keep them healthy or wipe them out. I am a nervous wreck and biting my fingernails like a beaver with a log. I was seeing a lot of spots and abnormalities on my leaves so i decided to finally go with about a half dose strength of nutes. My other problem was the fungus nats. I bought some stuff that others have used successfully, its called sevin-5 dust. I sprinkled the dust completely over the top soil creating a layer that kills the bugs on contact. I was told to do it after watering so it doesnt flow down into the soil, it also sticks to the damp top soil so it wont blow away. After a few days i am supposed to vacuum the dust off along with a bunch of dead nats. I have my fingers crossed that everything will work well and the plants will stand strong while i fight their battles. I will post a pic of my dust layer in a bit.

Ok so i made 2 decisions today that could keep them healthy or wipe them out. I am a nervous wreck and biting my fingernails like a beaver with a log. I was seeing a lot of spots and abnormalities on my leaves so i decided to finally go with about a half dose strength of nutes. My other problem was the fungus nats. I bought some stuff that others have used successfully, its called sevin-5 dust. I sprinkled the dust completely over the top soil creating a layer that kills the bugs on contact. I was told to do it after watering so it doesnt flow down into the soil, it also sticks to the damp top soil so it wont blow away. After a few days i am supposed to vacuum the dust off along with a bunch of dead nats. I have my fingers crossed that everything will work well and the plants will stand strong while i fight their battles. I will post a pic of my dust layer in a bit.

Re: Spots on leaves and abnormalities.

With the exception of the one plant, all those photos look like you have very healthy leaves.
You might be over worrying. It happens to me :)

Consider posting photos of any other plants that concern you. There are a lot of experienced growers on these boards.
:peace:

Well i dont know what is wrong, but i can no longer upload photos on my computer after i uploaded 2 from my ipad. so i will put those up for now. I have been trying all day to upload the pics of my hurting girls but just cant figure it out..

So anywayl i burned them a bit, they must still be feeding on the MG soil. Some of the plants ok, and some not so much. you will also be able to see the sevin-5 dust on the top of the soil.

image10362.jpg
image10360.jpg

Have the leaves come in contact with the stuff you put on for fungus gnats?(do they droop onto the stuff) if so that might be the cause,i had a similar thing where my leaf tips were touching the soil and it burned them a little,i cut the ones that were touching the soil cos it was p*ssing me off lol

Just my 2p worth lol

No havnt flushed them yet, i suppose it could be salt build up or something. Maybe i will do that next watering. Thanks for the input guys.

The good thing is they havnt got any worse. I also have confirmed 3 female and i might have a male (still too early to tell). The ones i topped have still not shown pre flowers. A couple also just started alternating nodes so i believe they are fully mature and ready for flower!

once youve vacuumed that powder off of your soil, id try and flush one of the plants thats not looking good. dont do all of them because if there is still a decent amount of mg soil in there, it could open up the rest of the slow release nutes and fuck shit up.

If i was you i would first try to find how you had an issue in the first place before you flush,you might be flushing and getting the same problem again.IMO i think when people know they have a problem they are too quick to flush without knowledge of how they had the problem in the first place and they end up back in the same boat,this time with the added stress of a flush just my opinion lol .

Rest of your ladies are looking tip top :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

worse today :( it seems that im in a bit of a pickle. Flushing could be bad and so could not flushing. Its hard to sit here and hope for the best.[/QUOTE]

You could follow grown2smoke's advice and flush just one of the affected plants.

The biggest issue is: I don't see the problem.
I remember seeing spots, but that wasn't your complaint.
I remember seeing what looked like mechanically abused area on lower leaves.

Can you post photos? 4 different photos of one problem, on 4 different plants if that many are affected.

Picture #2 looks like the leaf was heat stressed. Possibly, like Icarus, she sailed too close to the sun.

Picture #1 might be a past nutrient situation but possibly bugs. At the end of a session, it'd say trim the stem of the damaged leaves with your finger tips, dispose them to an outside trash can, wash your hands and do other stuff before going back into your grow box.

If it's only one out two leaves per plant, I would do the minimal - snip and dispose those leaves.
A little hydrogen peroxide wash of any tools it's advisable whenever there is possibility of pests - which is why I suggested wash hands and go do something wise. I think thats easier than finding and using hydrogen peroxide :)

Picture #2 looks like the leaf was heat stressed. Possibly, like Icarus, she sailed too close to the sun.

Picture #1 might be a past nutrient situation but possibly bugs. At the end of a session, it'd say trim the stem of the damaged leaves with your finger tips, dispose them to an outside trash can, wash your hands and do other stuff before going back into your grow box.

If it's only one out two leaves per plant, I would do the minimal - snip and dispose those leaves.
A little hydrogen peroxide wash of any tools it's advisable whenever there is possibility of pests - which is why I suggested wash hands and go do something wise. I think thats easier than finding and using hydrogen peroxide :)

Thanks for the advice. The pic your talking about is a leaf almost at the bottom so i dont think it could be heat.

I guess the plants arent too bad, each one maybe has 5 leaves out of 50 or so that are messed up. It just happened really fast, within a day they turned like this.

Thanks for the advice. The pic your talking about is a leaf almost at the bottom so i dont think it could be heat.

I guess the plants arent too bad, each one maybe has 5 leaves out of 50 or so that are messed up. It just happened really fast, within a day they turned like this.

Happened in a day or two. That sucks.
Unlikely to be any of the severe nutrient deficiencies if it happened that fast.

Sounds like too much of something. It's it progressing?

Happened in a day or two. That sucks.
Unlikely to be any of the severe nutrient deficiencies if it happened that fast.

Sounds like too much of something. It's it progressing?

Not really progressing, most of the damage happened within 2 days. The leaves that are burnt got toasted to a crisp, the other leaves look a lot better but do look a little too dark green, likey nitrogen tox. The plants did get a little worse following the feeding but seem to have stopped. Most of the new growth looks ok and i hope that in a few days when i water, they wont get damaged again.

Back
Top Bottom