Ricky Bobby's - Soil - T5 - Sativa - SOG - First Journal

Had one hell of a time getting photos to upload today. Just wanted to hang every time I tried. But I got some from last Thursday uploaded. Will get some more for the current week. Everyone is doing fine and pushing pistils out. The harvested plants were a disappointing but expected 5grams average for just over 2oz. If that were over all 56 pots on the table it would be only .43g/w which is half of what my previous harvests have been so looking forward to getting that number up with this next batch.

1114151645_HDR.jpg
1114151644.jpg
1114151643.jpg
1114151623c.jpg
1114151626a.jpg
1114151626.jpg
1114151625a.jpg
1114151625.jpg
1114151623b1.jpg
1114151623b.jpg
1114151623a.jpg
1114151623.jpg
1114151536.jpg

Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to these next few weeks! Get the production line back in production mode!

Here are some plant pics. Every one is being left to dry out. Few that drink faster have been lightly watered with plain water until next the others catch up for next batch of nutes. All got a quick foliar feeding. I aquired some fish emulsion fertilizer that claims to be deotorized to add to feedings but Holy freaking cow it was awful smelling, and I like the smell of fish and clean fish regularly, but this was downright terrible. I don't know if I'll be able to use it for the smell lol will see.
1117150632.jpg
1117150632b.jpg
1117150633b.jpg
1117150632a.jpg
1117150632c.jpg
1117150632d.jpg
1117150632e.jpg
1117150632f.jpg
1117150633.jpg

Of the five new seeds I put in the veg box to possibly be new moms, two of the clones off of the potential moms have showed me their balls. Bad luck I suppose, first two both males, waiting on the other three clones to show sex. This is the little boy. Unfortunately I have to kill him, has great looking leaves and structure.
1117150633c.jpg

And the new toy arrived. Checked the calibration and the squeezed some juice outta leaves. Needed a little more juice but still got a reading. Will get more tonight. I know the proper term but I'm calling it a brix-o-meter anyway becaus it's more fun than refractometer. The distilled water reading was right on 0 and the leaf juice from the mom was right round 11 or 12 which I feel good about. Looking forward to learning more about what the plants respond to favorably and not so much.
1116151826_HDR.jpg
1116151841_HDR.jpg

So quiet round the forum this morning.

Wanted to boast some excitement, got a new, first and only, grow shop opening in the area. Don't know if I'll even shop there but at least it will be available locally! 30 min from home and about two towns between gr and grow shop means I might be able to shop there comfortably.

Hiya ricky... Great looking plant, shame about the plummage

So you have a new toy do you fella.... Ive often seen " high brix" in a journal... But have no idea what it means... Havnt a clue.... But have often wondered... I best get reading, when all caught up with subd journals. :reading420magazine:

Awesome news on the local shop too... Gives you more options fella

Hope your day is going great RB

Ere we go mate.... :passitleft:

Hey BW! Gotta love new toys! I like to have the complicated stuff for fun but truely believe keeping it simple and following tried and true methods are the best in the long run unless you have plenty of plants and time... Which I have both and I tend to get myself in trouble because of that lol.

High Brix is a complex science that I've been studying for a while now and still just scratching the surface. Here is a decent place to start if you want a lot of reading material

Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Doc bud is taking concepts that have been used in other industries for a long time and tweaking it to fit our specific crops.

Looks like you put your new toy right to work for you. :bravo:

If only I could get the ole lady to do the same with the toys I buy for her lol:rofl:

That last little harvest was very light weight but super potent. Won't complain about it for sure but def ready to step it up! The grow store will be a great resource now. Big box stores don't have all the stuff I need sometimes.

I so so so do not understand brix
All I no is I used to carry lots of them up ladders in my younger days lol

Haha I have carried some blocks up ladders before and I'm happy for you and I both to not be doing that anymore! Rough job!

Im lucky to have some understanding of Brix and why and how of the growing. Getting it into practice is a different story. Hints why Doc Bud uses extremely high tech labs and doctors/scientists to develop his line of nutes and soil amendments. Im trying to see what I can accomplish on my own then will be trying docs kit for comparison

If only I could get the ole lady to do the same with the toys I buy for her lol:rofl:

That last little harvest was very light weight but super potent. Won't complain about it for sure but def ready to step it up! The grow store will be a great resource now. Big box stores don't have all the stuff I need sometimes.
Not gona touch the 1st part with a 10 foot pole my friend :rofl:
might be small but once that mother ripens up and comes to harvest, your gonna be loaded up... in more ways then 1 I am assuming :circle-of-love:

Haha I have carried some blocks up ladders before and I'm happy for you and I both to not be doing that anymore! Rough job!

Im lucky to have some understanding of Brix and why and how of the growing. Getting it into practice is a different story. Hints why Doc Bud uses extremely high tech labs and doctors/scientists to develop his line of nutes and soil amendments. Im trying to see what I can accomplish on my own then will be trying docs kit for comparison
You sure your Ricky Bobby and not Doc Brown? Catch you in a bit need to get "Back to the future"

It'll be fun to see what happens!

That's a lot of bricks brother! It was nice being in that good of shape back then though. Not the fit figure I used to be lol don't know how I had to run 12-16 hours a day in that line of work.

Gave all the girls a foliar feed tonight. Got water/feed last night. Just letting them do their thing for a day or two now.

I can't wait man.

So I've been thinking, which is never good, and sometimes it hurts, about breeding. I made my own seeds first run. That is what I have been growing from but lately I have been throwing away some beautiful male plants. Just amazing looking and strong healthy plants. I am thinking of building another small box that I'll keep outside of the current gr. Basically it would be a sealed box with very small vents filtered with a good filter to catch pollen particles so they don't get out and into my gr. Probaby only large enough to fit about four two liters, maybe four one gallon pots. Stick one amazing male in there with three of the strongest looking females and some cfls and let them get freaky. Then use those seeds for the next round of moms and dads and so on. I actually have two 4 ft t8. Fixtures laying around that I could stand on end vertically and make the box about 4 ft tall and maybe 12x12x48.

Ugh sometimes I wish my brain would shut off lol. I tend to be starting new projects before my current project is completed way too often. But you know, idle hands...

Back
Top Bottom