Come SOG With Me: 112 Plants, 2 Liter, Hempy SOG

2 Liters have a footprint of 4 1/4" inches. With a 4'x4' footprint you'll be able to run 144 plants at a time if you choose. If you yield 10 grams per plant that's 1440 grams or 51 ounces.

Well after looking a few pages back I found one of those questions to be answered :) Didn't realize you could fit these 2 liters side by side no problem, 144 plants would call for some insane yields!

Hey 420fied amazing stuff! Your threads have inspired me to start my own hempy grow which I will be documenting soon here on 420magazine.com. If you don't mind I have a few questions for you, if you would have pulled all 112 clones at once do you think they would have had trouble with light penetration (even after defoliation) later in flowering? I have a 1000w air cooled HPS and plan on squeezing 80-90 hempys in there under an enclosed 4' x 4' area. This will be my first grow so i'm just curious as to whether I should worry about them being too close. Also, I would like to be able to pull all these clones at once, exactly how long do you think you would have had to veg your mothers to pull all 112 clones at once? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Victor C

Thanks for the kind words Victor. I don't think that 112 clones together would have a problem with light penetration, especially considering that defoliation occurs on day 21 and 45 of the flower cycle. In fact, in my new journal, I'll be running two tables of 154 plants each, side by side. Once my mothers are large enough to yield the necessary numbers of clones, I plan on planting 154 at a time, and then eventually, maybe all 308 at a time.

You found the answer to your 2nd question, and as far as how long it takes to veg moms until they'll yield 112 clones depends on a few variables:

1. How many mothers are we talking about?
2. How much light you have on them.
3. Soil or Hydro?

Personally, I have 2 large Mothers, 2 medium sized Moms, and 2 smaller moms right now all in soil. Hydro outpaces soil so they'll grow faster in that setting. They're all sitting under (2) T5 Hi output units which are side by side. If I let the big moms shag up, I can get 30+ off of each of them. About two weeks later they'll be ready for another cutting. Both of these plants are over a year old with one of them being 2+years old. My medium sized mothers are 5 months old and just now starting to yield some clones for me. It takes 4-6 months for my Moms to really start producing clones because I LST them to keep them short and bushy.

I hope my answer helped. May all your buds be dense.

Awesome! I'll definitely be checking in on your next grow.

I am planning on mothering about 4 plants, definitely hydro. Ideally I would like these to produce many clones as quickly as possible, however as of now i'm torn between building either a 4 bucket DWC system or a smaller 4 plant version of your aero system. I'm leaning towards the aero system right now. I will also be using 2 T5 units, although I would like them to under enough light to maximize growth so I am considering upgrading to a 4 bulb unit. When you use LST on your mothers is this only a management method? Or is this also a method to yield more clones? Your answers and journals have helped me tenfold! I am now actually considering a 144 plant grow. Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you
Victor C

420fied, My hat is off to u my friend. I have a good greenthumb, but this thread (hempy) has opened my eyes. Guess i'm kinda oldskool n never tried anything but soil n organics. After all my reading and research of hempy, i'm sold!!! I'm about 2 weeks out from getting my first hempy going. Look forward to your new set-up. Will post some pix once i'm up n running. Peace!!

P.S. Was wondering about hempy moms. Think u could do a 50/50 mix of Per/Verm or would there be a high risk of root rot? Also because of the higher mix of verm, could move the drain hole to 1 1/2 or even 1". Rez should dry evenly with the rest of the medium as long as temps were in check. Look forward to your thoughts.

Awesome! I'll definitely be checking in on your next grow.

I am planning on mothering about 4 plants, definitely hydro. Ideally I would like these to produce many clones as quickly as possible, however as of now i'm torn between building either a 4 bucket DWC system or a smaller 4 plant version of your aero system. I'm leaning towards the aero system right now. I will also be using 2 T5 units, although I would like them to under enough light to maximize growth so I am considering upgrading to a 4 bulb unit. When you use LST on your mothers is this only a management method? Or is this also a method to yield more clones? Your answers and journals have helped me tenfold! I am now actually considering a 144 plant grow. Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you
Victor C

I LST my Mothers in order to keep them short and maximize the number of clones they can produce. I want short, fat bushes, not tall skinny trees. I wish you well with your SOG.

420fied, My hat is off to u my friend. I have a good greenthumb, but this thread (hempy) has opened my eyes. Guess i'm kinda oldskool n never tried anything but soil n organics. After all my reading and research of hempy, i'm sold!!! I'm about 2 weeks out from getting my first hempy going. Look forward to your new set-up. Will post some pix once i'm up n running. Peace!!

P.S. Was wondering about hempy moms. Think u could do a 50/50 mix of Per/Verm or would there be a high risk of root rot? Also because of the higher mix of verm, could move the drain hole to 1 1/2 or even 1". Rez should dry evenly with the rest of the medium as long as temps were in check. Look forward to your thoughts.

Thanks for the kind words. I hope the Hempy method is kind to you. I ddon't think 50/50 would cause root rot. In fact, I have read of growers using a 50/50 mix with success. You can definitely move your res hole. I keep mine at 2 1/4" but many variations will work. May all your buds be dense.

Happy New Year, 420fied!! Long time......things are looking nice in your grow!:thumb:

I will be back later to check this out more closely; liking the sog unit I saw in here somewhere....

Peace
gman

i kind of skimmed through your aero grow journal and was wondering if you feel the 2 litre hempy pots were more productive in yield and quality than your aero grow...

i kind of skimmed through your aero grow journal and was wondering if you feel the 2 litre hempy pots were more productive in yield and quality than your aero grow...

I don't necessarily think that the quality or yield would be better in Hempy than my Aero setup. The reason I prefer the Hempy method is that because my Aero unit only held 9 plants and I can pack hundreds in using Hempy.

Hey 420fied. I stumbled across your bpn journal a week ago and have now read all your journals. I believe you are an absolute plant artist! You have taught and motivated me. I already recieved my BPN and have started using them 2 feeds ago, my plants already look happier. I am working on my first grow and am in coco/perm hempy. After reading your journals its gonna be all 2L from now on. Now just gotta find my own fav strain and learn how to keep a mother. Sorry to ramble, can't wait for your next grow. I'm sub'd already and it aint even here yet! Lol.

Edit- had to sign up to 420mag just so I can follow your grows in real time now! Thanks to you and all the other outstanding growers for passing along your info. Its much appreciated.

Hey 420fied. I stumbled across your bpn journal a week ago and have now read all your journals. I believe you are an absolute plant artist! You have taught and motivated me. I already recieved my BPN and have started using them 2 feeds ago, my plants already look happier. I am working on my first grow and am in coco/perm hempy. After reading your journals its gonna be all 2L from now on. Now just gotta find my own fav strain and learn how to keep a mother. Sorry to ramble, can't wait for your next grow. I'm sub'd already and it aint even here yet! Lol.

Edit- had to sign up to 420mag just so I can follow your grows in real time now! Thanks to you and all the other outstanding growers for passing along your info. Its much appreciated.

I appreciate your kind words, Steve. Reading posts like yours lets me know that my time on 420Mag is well spent. You'll love BPN. Corey is a mad scientist and his nutes are second to none. Plus, the hands on customer service he provides to his customers CANNOT be matched. I will never use anything but Blue Planet Nutrients in my garden.

The 2L method is addictive and if done right, will produce yields that are hard to match. I am getting ready to start a new journal where I will be flowering 300+ at a time so the next journal will be interesting.

Keeping Mothers are the smart play as you avoid seeds and it speeds up production time. You'll get the hang of it. If you have any questions, feel free to drop by and ask and I will help if I can.

Congrats on joining 420Mag. It's the best MJ site on the net. May all your buds be dense.

Oh hell yeah!!! I have been waiting patiently and anxiously. I have 4 of the DIY 50 site cloners ready and willing but I need to see the drip watering system,I just can't physically hand water 200 plants.
Funny you should ask. I'm re-sizing and uploading pictures right now. Likely today.

ty so much i have learned alot from you i hope the new set up will
teach me more

I'm still gonna give it a shot in the next couple grows. Hard not to after seeing your journals. I'm thinking about jock horror too. Id like a sativa dom hybrid. Juat gotta play around till I find "the one" lol

Back
Top Bottom