Come SOG With Me: 112 Plants, 2 Liter, Hempy SOG

well hope the BPN's work as well for me as you. You've inspired me to take the plunge on some hempy madness and I ordered the 2 part system plus the bloom booster, so looking forward to seeing the results :).

Hey hey 420 been a lurker on here for a while and a member of GC for some time, making the switch based on seeing the information you provide in your grows. By far the most instructional and most fun I have seen in a journal! Quick question though, saw on the previous page mention of putting 30 plants under 1 600w, what would you say is the max to put under a single 600w without diminishing your yield?

I know most of that depends on strain and lots of other factors but for your setup what would you think is the most you could put under one.

Thanks for the info, looking forward to being an active member around here. :thumb:

Hey hey 420 been a lurker on here for a while and a member of GC for some time, making the switch based on seeing the information you provide in your grows. By far the most instructional and most fun I have seen in a journal! Quick question though, saw on the previous page mention of putting 30 plants under 1 600w, what would you say is the max to put under a single 600w without diminishing your yield?

I know most of that depends on strain and lots of other factors but for your setup what would you think is the most you could put under one.

Thanks for the info, looking forward to being an active member around here. :thumb:

Hi Robert,

I'm glad you've decided to start posting. The more the merrier! Thank you for the kind words concerning my journals. I would say that 30 is about the max under (1) 600 watter. I have found with my hoods that if I run any more than 30 that some of the plants are sitting outside the light footprint. I wish you the best of luck my friend.

Thanks for the quick reply, that is what I figured but wanted to make sure. I am looking at running a similar setup, building my own sort of grow cube (I hate calling them boxes, much more technical than a simple box haha). Going over your journals the only part of it that I would like more information on is your feeding method, feeding that many plants has to be a challenge to measure out nutes correctly. Just something that takes practice? Have you encountered any sort of nute burn in the past?

Great setup:bravo: Looks like youll have sum nice buds there mate;) Goodluk and Happy Harvesting

Hey 420! Great grow! Doing my next the same way because of this journal! I have a question...How are you running your feeding schedule? I see the chart you posted on the first page but since you are not vegging and going straight to 12/12 are you using week 1 veg on the chart as your week one bloom? i understand different plants will respond different but was trying to figure out if you were starting from 1 or 4 as by the chart. thanks

Sup 420fied. Glad to see your still on the boards.
I am still replicating your grow using the aero machines. Its a real good producer. Later bro.

39910.JPG

39810.JPG

Mr Smith said:
Sup 420fied. Glad to see your still on the boards.
I am still replicating your grow using the aero machines. Its a real good producer. Later bro.

First rate work there Mr. Smith ;)

Hi 420fied,

First I want to thank you in advance for your contributions to the board in respects to your grow journals. The journals have been an inspiration to me and I have learned so much. I hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions over the next couple weeks as I have used your journals as a model,I have two scrogs under my belt and have a third scrog in it's third week of flower and started a 2 liter hempy grow today. My question is whether or not you would use the same or a similar approach to defoliation that you used on your SOG grows on a SCOG grow if you were to ever do another one. I look at my plants in SCROG and I see all these fan leaves blocking bud sites and am soooo tempted to cut them off,I tried tucking them but my plants are so darned full of leaves it is impossible to keep all the bud sites from getting full light. My intentions are to switch solely to SOG if my yields are better than my SCROGS but I need to get a good yield out of this latest SCROG because I am a patient and am a caregiver to two other patients and none of us can afford to buy meds at the prices they get here on the east coast. I thank you again.

love this set up so much and viewed it so many time that i finially said screw it and got it all set up..waiting on the choc chunk beans to pop as i write this..got nice set up now..running 3 rooms..2 flowering and 1 for veg and clone..400 mh and some t5s for veg and a 600 hps in each room..running a perpetual cycle so ill have the goodies all the time haha..pretty much copied this grow except for a few modifications..really inspiring stuuf on this thread..thanks for everything all of you guys

Killer gro 420fied!!! It took me forever but already knowing the basics, i would say i learned more here than in many grow books i have read. Much Apreciated! I am getting my set-up ready for my next grow which i was thinking of doing perpetual and your journal has really inspired me to go that route. i will have a 4'L x 2'7"w x 3'6"h room for my clones and early vegers, i will have a 4'L x 2'7"w x 6' room for my mothers, and i will have a 5' x 5' x 7' room for flowering, the only issue i was thinking about is that i only have 1 1000w for my flowering room and idk how that would work with the plant heights being so different. Any help would be much appreciated. I will be referring back to your thread many times throughout my grow life.

Hi 420fied,

First I want to thank you in advance for your contributions to the board in respects to your grow journals. The journals have been an inspiration to me and I have learned so much. I hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions over the next couple weeks as I have used your journals as a model,I have two scrogs under my belt and have a third scrog in it's third week of flower and started a 2 liter hempy grow today. My question is whether or not you would use the same or a similar approach to defoliation that you used on your SOG grows on a SCOG grow if you were to ever do another one. I look at my plants in SCROG and I see all these fan leaves blocking bud sites and am soooo tempted to cut them off,I tried tucking them but my plants are so darned full of leaves it is impossible to keep all the bud sites from getting full light. My intentions are to switch solely to SOG if my yields are better than my SCROGS but I need to get a good yield out of this latest SCROG because I am a patient and am a caregiver to two other patients and none of us can afford to buy meds at the prices they get here on the east coast. I thank you again.

Thank you for the kind words.

Much has been written on defoliation and everyone has an opinion. Here's mine: If a big fan leaf is shading a bud site, I think it is beneficial to either tuck or remove it. Many will argue that trimming fan leaves will stunt your plants or hinder bud growth and while defoliating them in the veg state will stunt them a tad, I have found no evidence that trimming fan leaves hinders bud development. In fact, I've grown thousands of 2L plants and find that defoliation allows the buds on the strain I grow to fatten up even more. I want as much light as possible hitting the individual bud sites along the main stem. If your buid sites are getting shaded, tuck or trim em. Best of luck my friend.

Killer gro 420fied!!! It took me forever but already knowing the basics, i would say i learned more here than in many grow books i have read. Much Apreciated! I am getting my set-up ready for my next grow which i was thinking of doing perpetual and your journal has really inspired me to go that route. i will have a 4'L x 2'7"w x 3'6"h room for my clones and early vegers, i will have a 4'L x 2'7"w x 6' room for my mothers, and i will have a 5' x 5' x 7' room for flowering, the only issue i was thinking about is that i only have 1 1000w for my flowering room and idk how that would work with the plant heights being so different. Any help would be much appreciated. I will be referring back to your thread many times throughout my grow life.

Thanks for the kind words. How many flowering plants are you planning on running under your 100 watter at a time? You have enough room in your clone/veg room to generate enough clones(40 or so) to fill a full run. Your plants should all finish together and at roughly the same height. Give me more info.

Hello Fied. How are things at the new place ?

Hello Fied. How are things at the new place ?

Hi,

Things are going well. I have introduced an additional strain, some light movers, etc. When I made the move I stopped everything and was left only with a single Mother. Now I have 4 large moms, and a small Blueberry Mother seedling which just sprouted days ago in my veg/clone room.

I also have (3) 50 site cloners built but am starting to fill up the flower room. I'm waiting to get the pipeline running before I start the new journal. I want the pics to wow some people. I have the ability to run 300+ flowering SOG plants at a time now. ;)

I'm just now starting to root clones and send them to flower. I need to order some BPN! I'm getting things in order.

Soon

@420fied your journal is awesome I learned a wealth of information! I'm curious when using a 2-Liter could you substitute the perlite/verm mix and use hydrotron instead and achieve similar results? can you reuse the hempy mix? do you make a new mix for every new clone? do you think hydrotron is better used for a flood table sog like this.. day 1 of flowering with zero veg - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery
I like the idea of a flood table but the hempy buckets seem like a safe bet since if something goes wrong only 1 plant is affected opposed to entire flood table getting some type of situation like root rot or a pump going out, ph swings, etc.

...I also have (3) 50 site cloners built but am starting to fill up the flower room...
Wow. Are those 3 in addition to the first for a total of 4 cloners ?

Glad to hear things are going well !

Back
Top Bottom