Cynical Roots First Indoor Grow with T5 Lighting Bag Seed & OG Kush

Re: Cynical Roots First indoor Grow with T5 Lighting Bag Seed and OG Kush

noooooooo! thats bad news, well when you get rid of em let me know what works:thumb: like i said fly paper gets rid of em but it takes a little while. ( and for all i know from what you said there could have still been little buggers living under the soil, but it got rid of all the ones flying around never saw em again. )

Maybe by killing all the flying one you are stoping the life cycle. All the larvae will eventually turn to nats where they will get stuck and die. Im gonna try that first and see if it works

Hey Cool grow set up! Just curious are you planning to flower with the T5 and T8? Thanks and Subbed!:thumb:

No i will eventually go hid for flower, but these are working great right now. They can literally grow right into the t8s because they are cool to the touch and the t5s arent much hotter. Once they get bigger i will make the switch. I am curious if i could flower with the tubes though with a lower kelvin bulb, i have heard yield suffers though.

My wife really likes the (2600?) spectrum of the T5 lights we are using for vegging.
The big box stores have a lot of T8 lights for "commercial" lighting for less money.
I like the way my eyes feel after working did an hour under the T5 lights.

We are considering lights for the crafting room, not 420 Gardening.

What is your impression of your T8 lights and eye comfort?

My wife really likes the (2600?) spectrum of the T5 lights we are using for vegging.
The big box stores have a lot of T8 lights for "commercial" lighting for less money.

The t5s are almost as bright at a HID in my opinion, especially with the reflector mine has. The t8s obviously have much lower light output. My girlfriend actually used the t8s for vegging and was able to achieve a very bushy plant without any stretch which is how i knew that they could be beneficial in my grow. As for just room lighting, i would say they are a very good light. You can stare at the bulb without discomfort but they will light the room up very well.

I also think the 2600s should be used during flower, the 6500 for vegging. I have heard a lower spectrum can be mixed in but the blue spectrum would be best.

I also think the 2600s should be used during flower, the 6500 for vegging. I have heard a lower spectrum can be mixed in but the blue spectrum would be best.

Thanks for setting me straight, CynicalRoots.

The Sunleaves VitaLume Grow are listed as 6500 K , while the VitaLume Bloom are listed as 2900 K.
The lamp that I have is the Pioneer IV with 4 x 54 watt four foot 6500K Grow tubes.
:oops: I was mistaken :oops:

I got a lot of stretch on both 420 and non-420 plants at 8-12 inches from the light.

Thanks for setting me straight, CynicalRoots.

The Sunleaves VitaLume Grow are listed as 6500 K , while the VitaLume Bloom are listed as 2900 K.
The lamp that I have is the Pioneer IV with 4 x 54 watt four foot 6500K Grow tubes.
:oops: I was mistaken :oops:

I got a lot of stretch on both 420 and non-420 plants at 8-12 inches from the light.

If you were 8 to 12" from the light, that is way too far. The tubes have a signifigent loss of lumens after 4-6 in. You should keep them around 4 in from the top of the plant. You will get less stretch the closer you keep them.

Update: Day 25, I have officially confirmed plant #2 as a female. Everything is looking good and healthy, they are growing scary fast now and quickly taking up space. One plant still has some copper color spotting but the new growth looks healthy. Here you go

20140515_224109.jpg
20140515_224413.jpg
20140515_224525.jpg
20140515_224724.jpg

This is my second girl!
20140515_225139.jpg

Copper colored spots
20140515_225826.jpg
20140515_225911.jpg
20140515_230029.jpg
20140515_2301551.jpg
20140515_230241.jpg

damn those suckers are getting big, i would definitely consider switching to 12/12 asap, especially if your going to switch to HID lighting for flower. looking good though theyre nice and bushy

It looks like #1 was toasting her bud site.

Do you have as plan on what to do about the tall girl yet?

That strange red/purple color is just how all the tops of this strain lool. They have been that way since day 1, no burn at all. I have an idea but not a set plan. Right now im just hoping the others will catch up to her first.

also, i just went back to the first page to look at the specs of the grow, and noticed the Christmas lights in your room, or as my mom calls them, "happy lights" haha. always makes for better vibes in the room with happy lights on

damn those suckers are getting big, i would definitely consider switching to 12/12 asap, especially if your going to switch to HID lighting for flower. looking good though theyre nice and bushy

Haha i know. Up till week 3 they were growing so slow, then they doubled in size from week 3 to 4. Im going to give it a little longer and let the smaller ones add a little more size.

The image with someone holding the planter puts some perspective to them.....I thought they were smaller than that. Looking good man, keep it up and soon you'll be harvesting some primo smokage.

Thank you mike! Yes its hard to yell the size through a picture but i will keep posting some with a background or person to show scale.

Back
Top Bottom