Cynical Roots First Indoor Grow with T5 Lighting Bag Seed & OG Kush

Re: Cynical Roots First indoor Grow with T5 Lighting Bag Seed and OG Kush

Update Day 24. 18/6 light schedule, No nutrients are being used. The plants are really growing rapidly. I take pictures of them on my phone and study the differences every day. I just watered them, which is 8 days since the last watering. all of the new growth is healthy and dark green. Some of the earlier leaves are lighter in color and that was caused by a very crappy soil, starts with "Miracle", and ends with "Grow".. lol. So here are some pictures for your entertainment, enjoy!

20140510_232217.jpg
20140510_232221.jpg
20140510_232226.jpg
20140510_232252.jpg
20140510_232317.jpg
20140510_232328.jpg
20140510_232708.jpg
20140510_232715.jpg
20140510_232721.jpg
20140510_232738.jpg
20140510_232819.jpg

I have a 120v temperature sensor that I plug my fan into, similar to the timer I plug my light ballast into.
It cost about $45, which seemed like highway robbery, but after buying almost all my other supplies on one place, I paid the price.

Low voltage thermostats for your house and the ones built into room a/c cost a lot less.
I guess I shouldn't complain, the controller had other features like day/night tells and wired remote control that I don't use in my simple setup.

What does it do? will the fan blow cold air, or is it just to tell it when to turn on and off?

PRE FLOWERS!! Today while looking over my babies i have come across what looks to be female pre flowers. Please let me know what sex this plant looks like. Its a bit early but i should have a much better idea tomorrow what i have.

20140511_205547.jpg
20140511_205612.jpg

And some pics of the crazy growth i am seeing each day.
20140511_205902.jpg
20140511_205908.jpg
20140511_205912.jpg
20140511_205922.jpg

"I think were gonna need a bigger boat" lol. So reality hit me this morning, these girls are growing very quickly and getting pretty big. Does anyone know how much taller they get in flower? I have heard that 2/3 will be grown in veg, the other 1/3 in flower, Ive heard they will double their height and ive also heard they will triple in height. So which one of these figures is the most accurate? Because at the rate they are growing, im starting to plan a date to throw them into flower but need to base that on how much more they would grow. Thanks guys

the information is always mixed and most often anecdotal; i would plan for a doubling in height. It depends on the strain though, some are short and bushy, some are long and skinny.

Also, your big toes seem to curl inward like bananas and the plant shadow makes it looks as if your right foot has 6 toes.

More pics of the hopefully female pre-flowers.

20140511_235144.jpg
20140511_234836.jpg

I think this is a cool pic, dont mind my feet. lol
20140511_235156.jpg

the top two pictures im 95% sure are female but its hard to tell in the picture its a little fuzzy. if they spit out white hairs tonight or tomorrow then they are indeed female. and as far as the stretch. if they are a foot tall, make sure you have an additional 2 feet of stretch room ( all together 3 vertical feet of plant space ). like Equanimity said, some get tall and lanky some stay short and bushy. you can always do some LST'ing tho

also little tip, female flowers look like little water drops coming out of the plant ( the shape of the calyx, as seen in your picture ) and male flowers are more round, ball like looking things.

I'm not seeing anything even remotely resembling bollocks on these plants; I'd assume they're all female unless proven otherwise.

the information is always mixed and most often anecdotal; i would plan for a doubling in height. It depends on the strain though, some are short and bushy, some are long and skinny.

Also, your big toes seem to curl inward like bananas and the plant shadow makes it looks as if your right foot has 6 toes.

Thats no shadow! I have 6 toes.. haha kidding. I also think they are deffinately female. I just checked a min ago and it looks like a very small white hair has emerged from it, but then again everything looks like a white hair. My eyes are not as good as they used to be.

males almost always show sex first so thats what its looking like. Congrats

I hope you meant female? Lol but yes it looks like a tear drop shape so i am hoping for the best. Thats my biggest baby right there so it would be a shame if it was male.

Hey fellow growers i also wanted to adress another issue before you reply. I recieved 3 of my seeds from a friend and was told they were og kush. I know i cant be the only one who thinks all the plants look the same other than the 1 indica mystery. Most likely he tried to make them sound good but they were just bagseed, oh well. The second thing is when i put these ladies into flower and add my flower nutes, is there a chance the plants may get burned since they are still feeding on the small amounts of MG soil around their roots? I have yet to feed them any nutes at all, i did use some on the plant that remains in the solo cup and it did burn it slightly. I feel like i got stuck with those time release nutes from the MG and i have heard you cant even flush them out.

Hey fellow growers i also wanted to adress another issue before you reply. I recieved 3 of my seeds from a friend and was told they were og kush. I know i cant be the only one who thinks all the plants look the same other than the 1 indica mystery. Most likely he tried to make them sound good but they were just bagseed, oh well. The second thing is when i put these ladies into flower and add my flower nutes, is there a chance the plants may get burned since they are still feeding on the small amounts of MG soil around their roots? I have yet to feed them any nutes at all, i did use some on the plant that remains in the solo cup and it did burn it slightly. I feel like i got stuck with those time release nutes from the MG and i have heard you cant even flush them out.

Early stages yes all indicas look basically the same short fat leafs. And Sativa's will have longer narrow leafs.

If u got a burn after repotting from mg. Yes there might be some residual mg left.

the top two pictures im 95% sure are female but its hard to tell in the picture its a little fuzzy. if they spit out white hairs tonight or tomorrow then they are indeed female. and as far as the stretch. if they are a foot tall, make sure you have an additional 2 feet of stretch room ( all together 3 vertical feet of plant space ). like Equanimity said, some get tall and lanky some stay short and bushy. you can always do some LST'ing tho
I think your confused. I seed nuts on pic one.

I think your confused. I seed nuts on pic one.

like i said its hard to see in that pic i usually use a jewelers loop, but i dont see naners. i see one, what looks to be, calyx.

I hope you meant female? Lol but yes it looks like a tear drop shape so i am hoping for the best. Thats my biggest baby right there so it would be a shame if it was male.

no i meant male, i just worded it weird.

males usually show sex first, so if you havnt found any males yet, theres a good chance they are all female.

and yea its hard to tell what a plant is other than indica or sativa when in veg, youll start to see major differences about 2-3 weeks in flower

Its a Female! So my biggest one (#1) is now confirmed a female. The others have not displayed any pre-flowers yet but i will remain optimistic. I have always heard that males grow the fastest, so i am glad that did not prove true this time.

20140512_231130.jpg
20140512_231144.jpg

And some pretty pictures
20140512_235541.jpg
20140512_235548.jpg
20140512_235633.jpg
20140512_235705.jpg
20140512_235845.jpg
20140512_235939.jpg
20140513_010635_1_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom