Cynical Roots First Indoor Grow with T5 Lighting Bag Seed & OG Kush

Re: Cynical Roots First indoor Grow with T5 Lighting Bag Seed and OG Kush

IMHO You have happy plants.

In pots with that much root room, I expect them to go at least 7 days. Be happy.

:cheer::bravo::cheer:
:bravo::cheer::bravo:

Thank you, i appreciate the reply. I wasnt sure since i had to water the solo cups every other day. I just did the finger test and they could use some water tomorrow. I think they will do fine.

I am probably going to water them tomorrow, I don't think that will be over water. It will be 6 days since their last watering. Are you suppose to let almost all the soil dry out before water? I was previously watering when the soil was dry about an inch or two down.

I am probably going to water them tomorrow, I don't think that will be over water. It will be 6 days since their last watering. Are you suppose to let almost all the soil dry out before water? I was previously watering when the soil was dry about an inch or two down.

I used to keep a chart for watering, but ive become accustomed to watering when the soil is dry about an inch down from the top. sometimes ill even wait till i see the leaves droop.

I agree with you, I do not like charts at all. I think that you should water only when they need it. All strains have different needs so there is no "one size fits all" chart for them. That is different than seeing a pattern though. Like the first two weeks i noticed my cups dried out in 2 days, so almost always i knew when they were ready. And i wouldnt wait till they wilt but i believe also that underwatering is better than overwatering.

How have your ladies been doing?

Today i have a little surprise. Im getting some material and supplies and hopefully i can accomplish what im trying to do. Its 630am where i live and i still havn't gone to sleep yet so there is a chance i might take a little nap in between. I will throw some pictures up later if i can get it all done.

Today i have a little surprise. Im getting some material and supplies and hopefully i can accomplish what im trying to do. Its 630am where i live and i still havn't gone to sleep yet so there is a chance i might take a little nap in between. I will throw some pictures up later if i can get it all done.

Love those days.
A whole night without sleep; you're groggy and just can't be arsed at all but then something unexpected and nice happens.
Win.

In the small cup sizes, I don't want them to dry out because dry is dry.
Once I get to 1/2 gallon and more, some parts of the pot are dry while others still have water, so I let them go more dry.
In the 5 gallon pots, the wagering needs are varying. Tonight I will probably water 3 of 7 plants.

Okay so i finally got done with a little upgrade. I ran a bigger air duct and completely redid the system. It honestly works to well, During day my temp is an avg of 72. At night it dropped to 59 for a min until i cut the ac, so this will be good during summer. The bad thing is that my room is very hot now and to cool my room the grow box cools down too. so im gonna do some tweaking until i get it perfect. Heres a few pics from today. Oh and i am still not using any nutes, they have that small amount of MG soil leftover from the time of transplant. They look a little hungry but i was wrong last time and burnt them. Any thoughts?

Not pretty but very effective!
20140510_005534.jpg
20140510_005558.jpg
20140510_010957.jpg
20140509_060822.jpg
20140509_060828.jpg
20140509_060835.jpg
20140509_214853.jpg
20140509_214900.jpg
20140509_214905.jpg
20140509_214911.jpg
20140509_215232.jpg

Does this look like nute burn or deficiency?
20140509_215304.jpg
20140510_010711.jpg
20140510_011130.jpg
20140510_011245.jpg

maybe there's a way you can restrict the inflow of cold air from the AC so that you can tweak it to be just right for your needs? or stick the AC on a tkmer synchronous to your lights so that when they go off, it does too? not sure how your AC unit is wired to the mains; whether directly or via a plug. Just something to mull over.

maybe there's a way you can restrict the inflow of cold air from the AC so that you can tweak it to be just right for your needs? or stick the AC on a tkmer synchronous to your lights so that when they go off, it does too? not sure how your AC unit is wired to the mains; whether directly or via a plug. Just something to mull over.

Ya timer would work but then it would shut off before i layed down for bed with my room around 80f. Not very comfortable. I finally got it working though. Instead of channeling most of the air to my box, i now have it 50/50 so it keeps both cool but not too cool.

sounds good; if it was me i might have considered moving my plants' day/night cycle to match the AC and my comfortability, but if you're all sorted then alls good. Maybe you can send some of that cold air to me in an email and i can channel it from a small laptop into my grow room lol

Re: nute burn? Fagedaboutit . No worries man.:Rasta::ganjamon:

Re: a/c
You have some temperature sensor/thermostatic controller, right?

Rather than having the a/c blow into your room, have a temp controlled fan suck the air from in front of the a/c unit as required.
If the a/c is off it will just suck the room air until either cool enough or the a/c kicks in.

Good luck with it:goodluck:

good idea using bigger venting, i need to get my hands on some so i can sun the same setup. woke up this morning and it was 82 in my room and 87 in the grow area. A/C is doing its job now tho thank jesus

Hey Radogast, how much would one of those fans cost? That sounds like a good idea and probably better and controlling temp.

G2smoke, ya i dont know what i would have done without the ac. I never would have guessed thats lights could heat up a room like this until i started growing.

Your plants are looking great Cynical keep it up. Those girls are looking bushy. Your temps are looking good. I go for 85 give or take 4deg when the lights are on in veg. I had a couple of holy hell it's hot in here when my ventilation door blew shut and it was 95 in there. but the plant didn't die. Keep it up man.
Happy growing.

Your plants are looking great Cynical keep it up. Those girls are looking bushy. Your temps are looking good. I go for 85 give or take 4deg when the lights are on in veg. I had a couple of holy hell it's hot in here when my ventilation door blew shut and it was 95 in there. but the plant didn't die. Keep it up man.
Happy growing.

Thanks COgrower! Its a very nice feeling when it all starts coming together.

Hey Radogast, how much would one of those fans cost? That sounds like a good idea and probably better and controlling temp.

G2smoke, ya i dont know what i would have done without the ac. I never would have guessed thats lights could heat up a room like this until i started growing.

I have a 120v temperature sensor that I plug my fan into, similar to the timer I plug my light ballast into.
It cost about $45, which seemed like highway robbery, but after buying almost all my other supplies on one place, I paid the price.

Low voltage thermostats for your house and the ones built into room a/c cost a lot less.
I guess I shouldn't complain, the controller had other features like day/night tells and wired remote control that I don't use in my simple setup.

Back
Top Bottom