Ricky Bobby's - Soil - T5 - Sativa - SOG - First Journal

Lol stoner theories sometimes are the most accurate but I don't believe its the case here. These seed are all of my own stock that I have proven that planted at random are almost exactly 50/50 make and female. With this new theory that is floating around that you can tell the sex of the plant from examining attributes of the seed I have followed and have so far seen 80+ % female out of a small sample size. Luckily I have hundreds to test. Of this is the case, and I believe it is, then there is no such thing as feminized seeds or plants, it's just the first people to figure out this method of telling the sex of the seed saw a way to make money and they just have regular seeds that they examine to make sure they are female for an extra price. I had a really hard time believing that it was possible to make a plant produce all female seeds from the get go, this make me question it more, and no I'm not a genetic engineer but I am a chemical engineer and have had bio, bio chem, o chem, etc etc. Not saying that is isn't possible but I don't believe we as a human race have managed to do it yet. Maybe I'm wrong, it's been known to happen from time to time lol

Random pics from this morning. Nothing major to report but I think I may have a pre Christmas harvest of a couple plants.
1204150642c.jpg
1204150641b.jpg
1204150642d.jpg
1204150638c.jpg
1204150641.jpg
1204150641e.jpg
1204150638b.jpg
1204150643.jpg
1204150642b.jpg
1204150642a.jpg
1204150642.jpg
1204150641d.jpg
1204150641a.jpg
1204150641c.jpg
1204150638.jpg

Hey bro yeaaaaaa looking dam fine !
That's a tricky one lol I thought the opposite lol I thought that sex in seeds by eye was shit lol but if uv jumped from 50 to 80% that seeks for itself. I'd never gave the fem seed production a second thought as to being false I read how it's dun and just done Wat were programed to do by the media (accept what u read) lol
Is there anyone here who has made female seeds? I read that making a plant hermi using ??silver?? And making it polite itself causes 100% female seeds. But iv never witnessed it

Thanks guys! Evening to all!

SF thanks for the vote of confidence in the floros. I've had good success with them and interested to see if the added led helps at all. It was already pretty good to start so I'll be happy either way. I was hesitant to make a journal but I wanted to show the community, after reading countless times that you count flower a plant well under t5s, that it can be done and even with poor soil, poor nutes, low end everything, I was getting weights close to what similar set ups with hps were producing. T5 deff does not yield as much but it is within 15% for short sog plants. Tall plants obviously not, but as in all things it's not what you got, it's how you use it that matters. Me and four other people have not been dry for almost a year now. So I happy ;)

Cali. I was right there with u at first. I called BS before I even got done reading the fem seed by looking at it. But I also was calling bs on plants that produce all female seeds. I did pick out a hermie and make it pollinate it self and those seeds also came out exactly 50/50 too lol then I started digging deeper and found others with the same experience. I can't say for sure one way or the other but I am Damn sure going to try to find out. Gift of curse there I dunno.

Gad Damn gnats are back with a force. Hate Fucking gnats. Taking steps now to 1st rid of them without killing my plants like I did last time

I love Ur thinking Ur a bit of a truth seeker like me don't take everything on face value. It's a good way to be even if it don't always turn out u give it a bash for Ur self reps!
Is it silver nitrate or colonial silver or cochicine they use for herming a plant? Ones for herming.... ones for making a diployd (undoubtedly spelt wrong) and ones for nothing cannabis related lol. I think or at least I think I read a heme that hermied by choice won't make all female seeds. But a plant made to hermie buy whichever of the above chemicals is correct will produce fem seeds. That's not me knocking Ur thinking just adding what iv read over the years. Iv got about 50 seeds in a tin that came off a heavyweight fast n vast auto that hermied. Iv been meaning to try them but in my garden I can only do 6 at a time n it's a bit to much risk gambling on males for me...... Iv never had a fem or so called fem seed be male. Iv had hermies late flower and one that was as much male as female from start of flower but urs was the first documented all male fem seed iv came across (never looked for it so prob many more)

Gnats are a pain in the asshole. Iv had them once or possibly once. Living in the damp area under pots lol white wiggly things not sure what they were but it was years bk wen I'd bought shite soil

For sure brother. I gotta question everything by nature, which gets me in trouble sometimes lol. I have read about using the chemicals to hermie a plant and then self pollinate to make fem seeds and that very well might be the trick. I have not tried it but I know , I think Fanleaf on here, is trying it right now in a journal. Have you heard of anyone other than seed companies doing it so far though? I haven't but I'd love to try. My thinking on it was that the chemicals just stress the plant on a specific branch until it hermies and at that point is it going to produce some special pollen that makes only female seeds? It seems far fetched to me but then again doctors can take my seed from me and separat the x and y chroms and shoot one or the other to the ole lady egg and have a super high probability of telling us it'll be the sex that we chose. The difference between that and plants is like going across the street and going across the galaxy as far as the compexity of the procedures which is what leads me to believe that it might be made up. This is one of those believe it when I see it type of things. It's pretty Damn accurate whatever they are doing for you to have 100% female plants from the fem seeds so I give them props there. Can't argue that they are doing something right for sure.

Yea man these gnats. I never had no bugs and then I took in a plant for a friend and it had gnats that I didn't know about and boom. Been fighting it for months now. Had them way down and now they came back out of no where. So many seedlings coming in and their soil stays moist for a long time at first so I imagine the gnats took advantage of that lately and surprise. The fly strips work good and I have some powder that I put in top of the soil last time that seemed really effective so I'll get them but it was like I was in there two days ago and like one gnat is all and then in there today and I see 20 moving. Who knows how many I can't see and the strips hanging on the wall covered in them. Over night those things are like the big bang.

Subscribed Ricky Bobby. On the topic of making fem seeds. I'll get you links of three journals that have made Fem seeds.

Toker69, cool dude but is not here anymore. Perpetual Feminized Autoflowers - Sponsored by Intelligent-Gro LED

Chronichephog does it on the side away from his grow tent and grows his own seeds. ChronicHemphog's - DWC - Advanced LEDs - Time to Grow - Grow

Cannafan just got done making about 64 seeds on one branch. Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Hope this helps guys.

Morning Ricky B.
Wish I could help you out with the seed questions but that department I am dumber then a rock. I have not even started researching any of that. There is just so much to learn and I feel I have such a short period of time to learn it all. Lordie this is worse then when I was in school...
Anyway, hope you have a great weekend. This is still my favorite SOG garden to date. Your rocking it.:thumb:

Morning OG! Ahh it feels so good to be a favorite! I hope to continue that! Thanks! I'll be over to your journal shortly to snoop around. The weekend was good, hope yours was as well, I think I gained that other 5 lbs we were talking about so I'm right on track haha.

Today is day 43 of 12/12 for the moms. The seedlings and clones that are most mature are same age +/- about 7 days. I got to get a better system for tracking their ages solely for the sake of the journal. I don't harvest based on age , each plant gets checked individually once they start to get brown pistils showing. Then I look at trichs, which typically just confirms that they are not going amber, once size and density stop increasing they get choped. Last couple have foxtailed quite a bit so if I see foxtails they get chopped. All different things to look at near harvest time.

Some pics from this am real quick. No major changes. Water and cal mag feed is all for last two waterings. Back to nutes next watering.
1207150633f.jpg
1207150632d.jpg
1207150632b.jpg
1207150633b.jpg
1207150633a.jpg
1207150632a.jpg
1207150633c.jpg
1207150633.jpg
1207150632c.jpg
1207150633e.jpg
1207150632e.jpg
1207150633g.jpg
1207150632.jpg
1207150633h.jpg
1207150633d.jpg

Hey Ricky :)

Been reading your discussion on female vs male seed/plants, thought I would chime in with some things to think about.

I won't go into the theory behind making feminized seeds, its all over the internet, but I will share another interesting theory I came across some time ago.

Its always been accepted that regular seed was a 50/50 mix, which always bothered me. Having spent much time in the wilderness when I was younger, animals tend not to be a 50/50 mix as one male can ad will breed with many females, why should a plant that has defined gender be any different. Survival of the fittest requires that the strongest males breed with the strongest females to pass on the the best genetics.

Now for the theory:

Gender is not necessarily determined by the seed. Environment plays a role and that the first 4-5 weeks of vegetative growth determines the gender. According to this theory, if you maintain these conditions:

RH @ 70%
mostly BLUE light
cooler temps (lower 70s)
and maintain a relatively constant soil moisture (like say a swick system)

though the first 6-7 weeks from seed, you will have a mostly female garden from regular seed.

The fella that posted this theory claimed over 90% females from regular seed by maintaining these conditions.

I don't know the truth of his claims, I haven't had the seed to play with, but thought I would put it out there for those of you that do have the seed and like to experiment :)

RC

Hey RC! Welcome to the garden! That is excellent, there is getting to be a small collection of seed knowledge gathering here for us all to learn from. I certainly am going to try, learning come slower these days but I do try lol.

Your theory may have some credibility actually. Recently I started examining the seeds for so called female characteristics but also I have been popping them and vegging them in the veg box for anywhere from a couple days to couple weeks dependi,g on what happens in the flower table where as before they were being popped in the flower table straight away.

The flower table was lower RH(50ish), higher temp(80ish), and 12/12 light with 50% red bulbs.

The veg box is all 6500k bulbs, higher RH by a little(60) and a little lower temp(70s)

That could be contributing to reaching closer to 85% females now in my room.

Time to research! I want to try making fem seeds with the silver spray. Got to do the reading first!

Morning Ricky :)

It really wasn't my theory, just something I came across, back when I started researching seed production, that I thought interesting and filed away in the dusty back room of my mind LOL

I am quite sure I book marked it on my other computer, if I can find it later, I will post the actual words from the OP :)

Good info RC. I believe from reading Doc Buds journals, older ones, that he does, or at least did, operate under the same ideas that the first several weeks of the seedlings life and the conditions that it was in would determine sex. Since I have the seeds to experiment I certainly what to try any theories that I can. That dusty back room might be storing the key to fem seeds!

Back
Top Bottom