Cynical Roots First Indoor Grow with T5 Lighting Bag Seed & OG Kush

Re: Cynical Roots First indoor Grow with T5 Lighting Bag Seed and OG Kush

Stumped they werent nuts, they finally poked their little white hairs out.

And thanks G2smoke! Im not sure when im going to flip the lights just yet but its exciting knowing im not too far.

I thought plants didnt show their sex until a couple weeks into flower? Can they sometimes show when they are late in veg, as in my case?

mine were showing sex while in veg,but i knew i had females because i bought feminised seeds ! lol

You cant ever go wrong with femd seeds lol. It really is the best way to do it, especially when you put the time, resources and cash into a project without knowing what you got. I think most of my plants have a lot of sativa in them, which is going to suck with my limited space. I am deffinately going to buy seeds for my next grow. But i am glad that they are doing well and i am learning a lot from this grow.

I do appreciate all the help and advice i am getting, i would not be where i am with out you guys! This is by far the best site to seek knowlege and have a helping hand guiding me along the way. Happy growing!

You could always use some LST to keep the height down,as for the sativa being tall,not in my experience,well i'm half right,let me explain,
I have two sativa Power Plant and they have both grown diff,the one i topped earlier on is lanky as f*ck (easy 5 ft 8+),the other is a shorter bush between 4-4.5ft which i topped a few weeks before flower,it all depends what methods you use and how far along you use them. This is from my experience,but this is also my first grow so not much of that ha ha ha !! :blunt:

Ya i thought about LST, i love the way new tops grow right out of the side. The one thing i dont like is that you lose your main cola for a few smaller ones, it probably ends up being the same anyways though. I think im gonna keep it simple this time and just get the fundamentals down. If they get super tall i will top or fim.

I thought you finished your grow VG? If not im going to have to jump in and see it.

Hey VG, here is a better shot of the triple node we were talking about.

interesting, have you seen/grown many "triples" before? i just sprouted a fem & she started w/ 4 round leaves, now she's showing some strange leaf shapes, one leaf is a "double" in the 2nd set. if you wouldn't mind, check the pic i posted yesterday and let me know what you think of this "freak" thanks cynical :thumb: the links below, look for yesterday

i appreciate any input from anybody here :thanks:

:nicethread: :goodjob:

:thumb: great shares cynical :high-five: super detail in your journal I found today :goodjob: I like your setup.

Thanks trichomes! I am trying my hardest and posting updates often. I want others to be able to learn from my grow along with myself. It is nice to be able to connect with people and have the option to ask for help, which is something most of us can't do with anyone we know personally.

interesting, have you seen/grown many "triples" before? i just sprouted a fem & she started w/ 4 round leaves, now she's showing some strange leaf shapes, one leaf is a "double" in the 2nd set. if you wouldn't mind, check the pic i posted yesterday and let me know what you think of this "freak" thanks cynical :thumb: the links below, look for yesterday

i appreciate any input from anybody here :thanks:

:nicethread: :goodjob:

Wow, that is a wild one you have there, im going to upload a pic in a min of something i had just like it. Unfortunately it stopped growing and just remained about an inch tall while my others were already mature. I lile deformed plants, they can get pretty wild while growing but still produce good bud. I would let it keep growing unless ypu run into problems with it.

Hey trich, here is the one that looks kind of like yours. this pic was from around 3 weeks ago.
20140424_233416.jpg

Look at the beautiful ladies! they are really filling out and starting to invade each others personal space haha.
20140513_224015.jpg
20140513_224333.jpg

Does anyone know what this spotting is? I looked at a deficiency card and couldn't pin point it.
20140513_224201.jpg

Hey Cynical your girls are looking great. How many spots are there and how many plants have them. It it's just what you have in the picture that I wouldn't worry to much about it. Could be water heated up my the lights and burned the leaves I bit lol you never know. In how much space imho I would say about a third more. But it does depend on the strain. I think that's why people pick one strain and stay with that so they know how they are going to grow. It also depends on what F it is also. Some strains can be very unstable and there are many different ways that the one strain you have is doing to grow. So in other words give them girls a lot of room. It is better to give them room and not burn the cola with the lights. That is one thing I learned recently from my grow.
Happy Growin

The whole plant has them, just that one though. They have turned a copper color but dont see to be getting worse. I water either right before or right after the lights go off to avoid that problem. I have just started getting fungus nats, do they harm the plant? Is there a way to kill them without using a heavy insecticide? Thanks for the replys!

The whole plant has them, just that one though. They have turned a copper color but dont see to be getting worse. I water either right before or right after the lights go off to avoid that problem. I have just started getting fungus nats, do they harm the plant? Is there a way to kill them without using a heavy insecticide? Thanks for the replys!

they say its better to water right when the lights go on, because the plant drinks the most in the mornings, or something like that.

and for the fungus gnats, i just hang a couple fly papers up inside the grow and it gets rid of them in a week or two, as far as i know they do not harm the plant, they are just annoying, and can die on your plant and then when your trimming youll sometimes find one of those bastards in your weed. ( i usually get rid of them pretty quick so ive never had this happen to my buds, but ive bought bud off people and found a gnat in it before, pretty gross when it happens.

also i dont know about those spots, could be a magnesium or calcium deficiency but i dont know, not good with stuff like that yet

I dont, i willing to go buy whatever i need to correct the problem though. I have read about using hydrogen peroxide and to put a layer of sand on top of the soil. I read the neem oil and d earth dont have much effect, but if you think it would be beneficial i am willing to give it a go. I most likely will try and find a safe insecticide that i can use to wipe them out before they cause damage.

I dont, i willing to go buy whatever i need to correct the problem though. I have read about using hydrogen peroxide and to put a layer of sand on top of the soil. I read the neem oil and d earth dont have much effect, but if you think it would be beneficial i am willing to give it a go. I most likely will try and find a safe insecticide that i can use to wipe them out before they cause damage.

i can't say how effective they are as I've had literally one fly and i think i introduced it on a towel; i use both for preventative measures. I can say though that i just killed a plant yesterday with hydrogen peroxide.

I just read that the nats lay eggs in the soil and the larvee eat the roots of your plants. This could be worse than what we thought g2smoke.

noooooooo! thats bad news, well when you get rid of em let me know what works:thumb: like i said fly paper gets rid of em but it takes a little while. ( and for all i know from what you said there could have still been little buggers living under the soil, but it got rid of all the ones flying around never saw em again. )

Back
Top Bottom