How are my new babies doing?

Phillipallman

Hey guys just seeing how you think my new babies are doing nearly 2 weeks old only 1 600 watt hps on at the moment 5 gallon fabric pots 50% plain soil 50% miracle grow big bud xxxl and critical mass monster the leaves are coming along nicely but they aren't growing upwards ?? Think I slightly over watered then yesterday lol
received_10153895491230625.jpeg
received_10153895491205625.jpeg
received_10153895491160625.jpeg
received_10153895491130625.jpeg

You can't overwater in a single day though you should always try to. What I mean is to absolutely soak the pot then wait for it to go dry again before adding water. Roots need a wet dry cycle to be healthy and to search for water.

I have just been watering them every other day when I think they are getting dry and when I watered them 2 days a go the leaves pointed down but now are normal again so next time I water should I soak the pots ?? Also has any one else noticed in the first picture that there is a extra plant growing out of the soil ?? what is it

Saw that plant. Who knows lol.

Yes on water day soak the plant completely. I water a little on the top and let it soak in 5 minutes. Then come back and slowly water in some more. Wait and water some more. It should feel super heavy.

Then you wait. Wait until the soil becomes dry and when you lift the pot it feels like it is as dry as a pot filled with dry soil. The first few times you can cheat and put your finger in a drain hole and feel the soil. When the pot is dry it is time to water. In veg I will actually wait for the leaves to droop just a touch.

Then you redrench the soil again. The cycle of wet dry makes healthy roots. And as the soil dries the roots are sent out in search of water. Our goal is to get as many roots as possible in veg.

During flower water the same way but don't let it get quite so dry. In flower we should have our root systems already so we don't need to go fully dry to encourage root growth like in veg. So in veg wait for slightest wilt to water. In flower one day sooner is good.

Saw that plant. Who knows lol.

Yes on water day soak the plant completely. I water a little on the top and let it soak in 5 minutes. Then come back and slowly water in some more. Wait and water some more. It should feel super heavy.

Then you wait. Wait until the soil becomes dry and when you lift the pot it feels like it is as dry as a pot filled with dry soil. The first few times you can cheat and put your finger in a drain hole and feel the soil. When the pot is dry it is time to water. In veg I will actually wait for the leaves to droop just a touch.

Then you redrench the soil again. The cycle of wet dry makes healthy roots. And as the soil dries the roots are sent out in search of water. Our goal is to get as many roots as possible in veg.

During flower water the same way but don't let it get quite so dry. In flower we should have our root systems already so we don't need to go fully dry to encourage root growth like in veg. So in veg wait for slightest wilt to water. In flower one day sooner is good.

Good advice there mate I don't find it easy to tell if they are dry or wet by lifting the pots as they are heavy any way in 5 gallons pots haha I can't tell the difference in the plant leaf between over watering and under watering ?? They all look the same to me haha

Back
Top Bottom