How do I Low Stress Train my plants?

i never knew people were so meticulous with lst lol. and on such small plants. really cool though. i always waited till the plants were a foot or two tall for lst. now i just scrog

i never knew people were so meticulous with lst lol. and on such small plants. really cool though. i always waited till the plants were a foot or two tall for lst. now i just scrog
I am a newbie...so I am just experimenting with these bag seeds before I buy seeds. Been playing with lst..lollipop..topping...fim...pinching.... force flowering...soil mixes...pesticides...additives...seedling growth...etc. whatever I read and think i want to try I pick a plant and try. I just want to try a little of all I can before I pop that cherry and buy seeds...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Here's my latest lst only plant. She's 6 weeks old now, and just going into flower.

Great white shark automatic.
20160616_153301.jpg

20160616_153306.jpg

20160616_153311.jpg

Here's what it started as 4 weeks ago.
20160526_155322.jpg

20160526_155316.jpg

With meager beginnings comes a flourishing plant with multiple dominant Colas. Keep up the great examples guys, they look great! :thumb:

KiG Everyone :green_heart:cheers

That's alot of tie downs. Might stress the plant a little being so confined. I normally use maybe 3 at the most and that's tying down 4 footers down to under a foot.

I lost all my pics from back then when my computer took a shit. I used to grow under a 400w hps in a small tent about 2x3 feet. I lstd by waiting till they were about 2 feet then bending them down to a little under a foot and tying em down. Then as they grew I would either move the tie down farther up on the plant or add another if she was a beast. Now I scrog. Scrogging is alot easier and less time consuming.

That's alot of tie downs. Might stress the plant a little being so confined. I normally use maybe 3 at the most and that's tying down 4 footers down to under a foot.

All training stresses your plants. With lst the plants feel some stress but not enough to stunt it like hst. I've never had any I'll effects from lst if I tie down 1 shoot or 100, it may seem like slower growth then if no training was done at all but there's a lot more shoots for energy to be redirected too. Letting it grow to 2 feet then tying it down under a foot seems more stressful to me then tying down a lot of smaller softer shoots that haven't had time to thicken up and become almost woody. I'm not knocking your style, cause what works for some doesn't work for others. Thanks for sharing.

The reason I tied down so drastically was because I would get more growth that way. Letting the plants go with no restrictions made them alot bigger in the end then plants tied down from the start. I've tried both ways. Not 100 tie downs but maybe 15 per plant. The ones with less interference and less tie downs grew bigger. Maybe I'll lst a few in my tent this upcoming grow and report results. I got some blue dream clones I got from nor cal. They would be perfect as blue dreams are BEASTS lol.

The reason I tied down so drastically was because I would get more growth that way. Letting the plants go with no restrictions made them alot bigger in the end then plants tied down from the start. I've tried both ways. Not 100 tie downs but maybe 15 per plant. The ones with less interference and less tie downs grew bigger. Maybe I'll lst a few in my tent this upcoming grow and report results. I got some blue dream clones I got from nor cal. They would be perfect as blue dreams are BEASTS lol.
Looking forward to it. I have some hso blue dream seeds just waiting for their time, but I have to many others going right now but hopefully by the end of summer I'll sprout them. When you start your grow there's a few helpful links in my sig to get you started.

Lol I've been growing since the 90s. Only just started posting cuz I came across a weird pheno that looked nothing like the others. I mostly do seed. Don't trust clones. But the only way to get legit blue dream is clone. Once I posted I thought I might help a few new cats out. But thanks for the offer of help.

Lol I've been growing since the 90s. Only just started posting cuz I came across a weird pheno that looked nothing like the others. I mostly do seed. Don't trust clones. But the only way to get legit blue dream is clone. Once I posted I thought I might help a few new cats out. But thanks for the offer of help.
Start a journal with your clones. It always nice to see another growers garden.

Sorry for the hijack Snid.

I was actually going to But I have very little time. I work full time and have 3 kids. Plus grow in scrog.... So yea lol. Saw some of your stuff on autos and fluxing. I've never tried fluxing but it def looks bad ass. I wish I had time and space to do projects like this. Inspired me to at least journal one grow. So cheers. And also sorry about the hijack

No worries at all, I'm happy to see everyone posting their LST pics. If discussion arises from said pictures, then so be it. Will you be journaling Mr.smoka? I'd check it out if you got one going.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Ps. Dirt, keep spreading the love brother. Rabid posting of positive vibes and informative comments is what got you nominated by several folks including me. Keep up the good things you do, It's recognized by many. :thumb:

So how fast does the plant break its genetic code to grow symmetrical and start growing asymmetrical?

It all depends on what limb you have elevated above the others. The OG growth tip will always be the strongest by not necessarily the fastest growing. Auxiliary shoots grow much faster with wider node spacing, so you have to keep things levelled out. Then you can raise what parts you want to become dominant. It only takes a few days for things to re regulate themselves . whatever is highest gets priority "juices" from the stalk. In the mean time it still grows as if it were vertical, main tip will keep growing.

As the limbs extend outward. Your stakes will create a bend/bulge upward at the first node. The secondary growth tips emitting from there will be at the pinnacle of the plant. Your stakes will be holding down the og end tips.

Check my how do I Top my plants... You can see a pic. There...but here's what I mean. See the stakes are beyond the node where my new shoots will start. Keeping the ends down will promote the new tips to grow.
20160530_145147.jpg

Hope that helps...

Three node sets is also a good strategy. I call it the pinwheel flux. If you can veer the one set of branches to one side a little you can create a perfect star shape. Like this....
20160617_144642.jpg

Otherwise you can cut the bottom shoots and create a cross. Or you can even do a true mainline/flux where you only use two limbs to work off of. I like the pinwheel for autos since it doesn't need as many cuts that result in shock. The trick is to keep them equal in length and node spacing to have a nice structured frame. Thanks for the discussion, it will surely help others down the road.

Back
Top Bottom