How factual are your facts? Biased information and tips for success

Lot of fair points here. If any of the chemistry/ biology minds have some time can I enlist your help on a non-urgent project? I hate to be the attention seeker but I don’t have the mind for some of this stuff and the only place I can find all of you is on threads like this bickering with another (kidding, everyone relax, it was a joke). But I could use some assistance. Thanks.

Hot soils....man I hate hot soils unless I am transplanting for final stages. I am using Happy Frog, any thoughts? Can I do better? I do find that this soil can be to hot for Clones and seedlings, what is best to use?
Hot soils....man I hate hot soils unless I am transplanting for final stages. I am using Happy Frog, any thoughts? Can I do better? I do find that this soil can be to hot for Clones and seedlings, what is best to use?

I found the same thing with the Happy Frog. It was the only Fox Farm soil I could get at the time. The best mix I have found so far is a 50/50 mix of Happy Frog and the Oceans Forest. Then I add so perlite and vermiculite. I add around 25% Per/Verm to the soil then leave shit alone tell way into veg stage.

Lot of fair points here. If any of the chemistry/ biology minds have some time can I enlist your help on a non-urgent project? I hate to be the attention seeker but I don’t have the mind for some of this stuff and the only place I can find all of you is on threads like this bickering with another (kidding, everyone relax, it was a joke). But I could use some assistance. Thanks.
Not sure if I can help but what sort of assistance are you looking for?

Not sure if I can help but what sort of assistance are you looking for?
I don’t want to hostile takeover the thread, but at the most basic level here’s what I’m trying to understand. If we look at the generally accepted ratios of micro/ macro nutrients required to grow a healthy cannabis plant - how would the component ratios in column 8/9 + epsom salt stack up? In the absence of some macro nutrients, is the plant doomed to fail. We can take this offline if the promix debate requires more discussion. Thanks for your reply and help.

2B1A3388-5329-46F1-82DD-2C6911237D60.jpeg

@Growca2268 first off, you funny.
If you are looking at amending micronutrients with one of the two compounds (pulverized I'm assuming) and Epsom salt, I would probably go with the shungite-bearing tuff-aleurolite (8) + Epsom salt over shungite-bearing schist (9) + Epsom salt.
It should leave you with higher Mg but lower S. Sulfur comes in so many other forms in the garden though and isn't hard to come by, so if you were picking one source that's where I'd lean, not to mention the general composition seems better at a glance.

Now a question for you, do you make your own soils on such a level as to source different types of pulverized stone? I would love to follow such a process if you've documented it somewhere.

@Growca2268 first off, you funny.
If you are looking at amending micronutrients with one of the two compounds (pulverized I'm assuming) and Epsom salt, I would probably go with the shungite-bearing tuff-aleurolite (8) + Epsom salt over shungite-bearing schist (9) + Epsom salt.
It should leave you with higher Mg but lower S. Sulfur comes in so many other forms in the garden though and isn't hard to come by, so if you were picking one source that's where I'd lean, not to mention the general composition seems better at a glance.

Now a question for you, do you make your own soils on such a level as to source different types of pulverized stone? I would love to follow such a process if you've documented it somewhere.
Thanks for your response. Currently I don’t make my own soils but I’m getting more and more interested in natural rocks/ minerals and what they can potentially bring to the table with growing. What started as me coming across a random YouTube video of plants growing in a radioactive zone... has turned into going down quite the rabbit hole of all sorts of stuff - pseudoscience, metaphysical, real science, water studies, etc..

Where I’m at now is about to start a side by side test of 2 plants in coco, one fed normally and one fed with shungite infused structured water, ocean minerals and reduced/ pulverized c-60 shungite powder and paramagnetic sand mixed in with the coco/ perlite. If you look up what I’m using, you’re quickly going to be led to websites that make you feel all this falls into the category of nonsensical metaphysical scams for people who don’t understand science. Maybe. But I’ve read enough stuff at this point I’m just too deep and too curious, so I have to grow it out and see what happens.

In the event it’s noticeably more successful than status quo, my goal is to leave specific mineral bearing rocks in my RDWC system so they can work their magic connecting with plants in ways I don’t understand. Most of this is in my pseudoscience thread and I’m probably 1.5-2 weeks away from starting the side by side grow.

Interesting article @InTheShed Cornell does a lot of horticulture. They big huge into Hemp right now. Cornell is about 30 miles by the crow fly from our new home. They do a lot with Grapes and wine growing too.

There's a lot of good reads over at that university. Smart people. They like farming it's huge here.

pH, yeah pretty sure I pay attention to it when I get my soil test done!

Kinda pretty important. Now I know why soiless medium likes the 5.8 - 6.5pH

My plants in soil can dig a pretty wide spread of pH due to the ability of soil to buffer the pH swing that plants root exudate bring to the table.

In soil we don't worry about it as much since we have buffering ability.

Or soil-less, like the pdf link says.

Just pointing out there is buffering ability in soil.

Title of the thread is :

"How factual are your facts? Biased information and tips for success"

It's kinda broad so I thought I'd chime in on my experience.

I'm definitely biased. lol :nerd-with-glasses:

Just pointing out there is buffering ability in soil.

Title of the thread is :

"How factual are your facts? Biased information and tips for success"

It's kinda broad so I thought I'd chime in on my experience.

I'm definitely biased. lol :nerd-with-glasses:
Good organic soil does all the pH buffering and adjusting on its own. No one runs around in Mother Nature adjusting things and she has been growing plants for millions of years without a pH pen or any fancy tools. I have tested my soil a few times and I have seen it as low as 5.8 and high as 7.8.....quite a variation.

Thanks for your response. Currently I don’t make my own soils but I’m getting more and more interested in natural rocks/ minerals and what they can potentially bring to the table with growing. What started as me coming across a random YouTube video of plants growing in a radioactive zone... has turned into going down quite the rabbit hole of all sorts of stuff - pseudoscience, metaphysical, real science, water studies, etc..

Where I’m at now is about to start a side by side test of 2 plants in coco, one fed normally and one fed with shungite infused structured water, ocean minerals and reduced/ pulverized c-60 shungite powder and paramagnetic sand mixed in with the coco/ perlite. If you look up what I’m using, you’re quickly going to be led to websites that make you feel all this falls into the category of nonsensical metaphysical scams for people who don’t understand science. Maybe. But I’ve read enough stuff at this point I’m just too deep and too curious, so I have to grow it out and see what happens.

In the event it’s noticeably more successful than status quo, my goal is to leave specific mineral bearing rocks in my RDWC system so they can work their magic connecting with plants in ways I don’t understand. Most of this is in my pseudoscience thread and I’m probably 1.5-2 weeks away from starting the side by side grow.
Hi!!! Can we be best friends?! I'm pretty much speechless crying after researching endlessly for months and everyone thinking I've lost my mind completely... To find your posts here is such a relief. I was about to start testing myself... I have some other ideas to add to it also. I've been obsessed with Shungite since I've first connected with it some months ago. The house plants I've watered with structured water are insane! Shamrock always always had issues with now it's blowing up... Just amazed!!! Plus the benefit to the bee's!!!! And the outdoor garden ... Marigolds as tall as me... 5'6 no joke. I don't think that's normal lol. I grew for 5 yrs had to take a break for a lil over a year after I moved was about to start back up super excited to see the results I feel it will be!

Back
Top Bottom