How to treat tap water

Tap well water (filtered) or city water also - use de-natured water (water left out 24hr/s) simple and easy make 1gallon at a time
In the states they bond the chlorine molecule with ammonia (chloramine) so it doesn’t evaporate “as fast”.

Setting it outside for 24 hrs does not evaporate the chloramine like it will chlorine.

Vitamin C (ascorbic avid) does.

In the states they bond the chlorine molecule with ammonia (chloramine) so it doesn’t evaporate “as fast”.

Setting it outside for 24 hrs does not evaporate the chloramine like it will chlorine.

Vitamin C (ascorbic avid) does.
Yes, thats why I started this post. Once discovered there is no need for anything else. I’m a happy grower!

As a side note, depending on where you live, you can take your tap water into many pool supply stores and most will test your water for free.

As a side note, depending on where you live, you can take your tap water into many pool supply stores and most will test your water for free.
Also I think a lot of county/municipal water departments will offer services too for this. Not always free, but the cost is minimal from what I remember.

Back
Top Bottom