How many strains?

About 35 years ago, I brought back 12 seeds from Jamaica I had just thrown in my suitcase. That was my genetic stock for about 10 years.
Jamaican has the distinction of being my favorite import of all time
Hiya. I wonder, have you guys (any readers?) got any original landrace black swan in your vaults?
I’ve been looking for it in relation to a specific medical use. It’s the subject of some research, but I can not find it.
I’ve been disabused of an urge to go to Jamaica and look for it on the basis that locals may sell a donkey any old thing and tell him it’s what he wants.
A fleeting glimpse of the shadow of a clue would help.
Btw, jackalope..
great thread
:thumb:

First I have heard of that strain. The only Jamaican I have smoked was all grown over there and imported.

I hope you find the info you need. With more and more legal states. They are going to find more strains that work for a certain thing better than others. New strains being bred may end up helping with different ailments.

In actuality. Jamaica getting outside genetics was probably a bad thing. Much like Hawaii the climate does most the work. Any strains made in that environment will thrive in the same climate. Grown elsewhere they may not have flavors and intensity.

...and now I really want to go to Jamaica lol.
My first trip to Jamaica was in the early 80's. My wife and I rented a small villa near Ocho Rios. The owner picked us up at the airport in Mobay an drove us to the rental. On the drive, I asked about ganja, as that was one of the main reasons for our choice of Jamaica. He drove us up into the Blue Mountains, to a small hut in the country where some Rastas were hanging out. They gave me a fat spliff and I got ripped on just 2 or 3 tokes. I couldn't get my money out quick enough. What a way to start a vacation. I got about a half oz. which lasted the whole trip. More importantly, I brought 12 seeds home. They provided my genetics for about 10 years, back when good genes were hard to come by.

Back
Top Bottom