So many options, so little time: please help

Hydroholic

I am about 3 weeks away from finishing up a grow In FF and Happy Frog. I have to make a decision and so I thought I would ask for help in deciding how to proceed.
5x5 tent,Timber Fatty COB’s. Iponics controller,Dehumidifier,RO water.

The dilemma: 15 auto seeds total. 5 different strains 3 seeds per strain. I was gifted the seeds so I will grow them. I want to grow as many as possible, not interested in continuing autos down the road. I have several setups to choose from. Trying to grow several different strains is my dilemma. I don’t feel the flood table or DWC Buckets is good for several different strains at once.
If you had this available to you, what would you do. I am willing to buy items to fill in the holes of what is needed. If I need cocoa or Promix so be it. I do not want to hand water 2-3 times a day is about my limitation.

Equipment Available:
25-3 gallon plastic pots.
4-3 Gallon Cloth Bag
1-48x24 flood table with cover with 18 holes that will water.
4-5 gallon DWC buckets (complete set up).
30 gallon Reservoir
1-Blue Labs Guardian
1-Blue Labs PH Auto Doser.
1-Water Chiller
Many-Air Pumps
Many-water Pumps

Nutrients/Supplements/Medium :
AN: Sensi Grow/Bloom PH perfect
Master Grow line
AN pH up
Cal Mag
Rock Wool
Hydrotron

How would you set up with all that’s available? How many plants,medium type, container type?

I am about 3 weeks away from finishing up a grow In FF and Happy Frog. I have to make a decision and so I thought I would ask for help in deciding how to proceed.

The dilemma: 15 auto seeds total. 5 different strains 3 seeds per strain. I was gifted the seeds so I will grow them. I want to grow as many as possible, not interested in continuing autos down the road. I have several setups to choose from. Trying to grow several different strains is my dilemma. I don’t feel the flood table or DWC Buckets is good for several different strains at once.
If you had this available to you, what would you do. I am willing to buy items to fill in the holes of what is needed. If I need cocoa or Promix so be it. I do not want to hand water 2-3 times a day is about my limitation.

Equipment Available:
4-3 Gallon Cloth Bag
30 gallon Reservoir
1-Blue Labs Guardian
1-Water Chiller
Many-Air Pumps
Many-water Pumps

Master Grow line
AN pH up
Cal Mag
Rock Wool
Hydrotron

How would you set up with all that’s available? How many plants,medium type, container type?

I started using a drip set up in coco and i'm loving it. feed 2 or 3 times a day is a lot easier now. my first 3 grows i did all different strains and never again. from now on i'm doing only 1 strain at a time.

15 two-gallon hempy containers?

Equipment Available:
4-3 Gallon Cloth Bag
30 gallon Reservoir
1-Blue Labs Guardian
1-Water Chiller
Many-Air Pumps
Many-water Pumps

Master Grow line
AN pH up
Cal Mag
Rock Wool
Hydrotron

If you want try coco then use 15 x 3 gallon coco pots = 15 x 5 gallon soil pots ...

I would line up the harvest dates so I'm harvesting all on one day ...

I would like to hear ideas from a DWC person ...

I’m looking at buying a 48x48 flood table. If I use a drip system to pots sitting in the flood table, that would give me containment and some what separation.
If I go Coco I will have to change Nutrients. What about Promix HP. I have read where you have to water every few days. Anyone use this? Or I can fill the pots with hydrotron and do a drip system or rock wool cubes.
If this was the same strain I would just plant in rock wool and fill the table with hydrotron.
If I go with a drip system to pots what do I need to insure the medium is fully saturated? Drip rings?
My brain hurts.

I’m looking at buying a 48x48 flood table. If I use a drip system to pots sitting in the flood table, that would give me containment and some what separation.
If I go Coco I will have to change Nutrients. What about Promix HP. I have read where you have to water every few days. Anyone use this? Or I can fill the pots with hydrotron and do a drip system or rock wool cubes.
If this was the same strain I would just plant in rock wool and fill the table with hydrotron.
If I go with a drip system to pots what do I need to insure the medium is fully saturated? Drip rings?
My brain hurts.

my rings are about 6 inches in diameter and have 3 holes in each. i feed 2 times a day to run off.
but in my veg tent i have hempy buckets and i'm probably not gonna do anything other than hempy after this coco grow is done. i feed them 2 times a week and they are massive and beautiful. it's never been so easy.

i also have a drip set up on the hempy buckets but each one just has 1x 1/4 inch line. it feeds to run off and the coco wicks up what it needs. it's amazing.

my rings are about 6 inches in diameter and have 3 holes in each. i feed 2 times a day to run off.
but in my veg tent i have hempy buckets and i'm probably not gonna do anything other than hempy after this coco grow is done. i feed them 2 times a week and they are massive and beautiful. it's never been so easy.

i also have a drip set up on the hempy buckets but each one just has 1x 1/4 inch line. it feeds to run off and the coco wicks up what it needs. it's amazing.
Are you using check valves on the lines so you get even flow to the plants or does the cycle run long enough that it doesn’t matter?

Are you using check valves on the lines so you get even flow to the plants or does the cycle run long enough that it doesn’t matter?

i just made sure all the lengths are the same. it runs for about 90 secs each time. the pump is a little strong 400gph

I use the same tent and run 15 females in 2 gallon pots. 3 gallon would work fine but is really not needed for a normal grow. You are right about multiple strains not liking DWC or any hydro really. To many differences in needs. It would be easy to end up with 2 strains that can not handle the same nutrients. I would stick with the FF soil. A better choice in my opinion would be a 50/50 mix of the Happy Frog and the Ocean Forest.

I grow the same way all the time. Anywhere from 5 to 7 strains per grow. Picking the right strains is key. Variety does you know good if they all do the same thing. A normal grow would be 3 seeds of 5 strains. What "I" like is 2 sativa dom. 2 hybrids and 1 indica dom. You will need to watch each plant and each strain to get it right. Giving plants only nuits they ask for when they need it. Giving all plants the same treatment can create problems you don't need. Trust me I have made that mistake for you LOL.

I use the same tent and run 15 females in 2 gallon pots. 3 gallon would work fine but is really not needed for a normal grow. You are right about multiple strains not liking DWC or any hydro really. To many differences in needs. It would be easy to end up with 2 strains that can not handle the same nutrients. I would stick with the FF soil. A better choice in my opinion would be a 50/50 mix of the Happy Frog and the Ocean Forest.

I grow the same way all the time. Anywhere from 5 to 7 strains per grow. Picking the right strains is key. Variety does you know good if they all do the same thing. A normal grow would be 3 seeds of 5 strains. What "I" like is 2 sativa dom. 2 hybrids and 1 indica dom. You will need to watch each plant and each strain to get it right. Giving plants only nuits they ask for when they need it. Giving all plants the same treatment can create problems you don't need. Trust me I have made that mistake for you LOL.
My last grow went ok, using the Happy Frog has to start then I unplanted to the ocean forest. I was majorly screwing up with using ph perfect nutrients but it worked. Environmental issues were the worst so I can’t go back to hydro yet.

I went and bought some more soil because until my final space is done I can’t set up all the hydro buckets. I was standing there and had the choice of FFOF and a bag of Dirty Martini. I went with the Dirty Martini. I also bought some Cyco Swell for flower. My AN PH perfect Hydro Nutes worked ok for the last soil grow, Lmao, But in good conscience I can’t do it again. I am popping seeds tonight and will start a new Journal with it.

Advanced Nutrients... Meh. I remember when Doc Bud did a comparison between that and Osmocote Plus - that dry time release nutrient you can buy in big sacks for little money. Osmocote Plus kicked Advanced Nutrients' arse :p.

AN works (just about everything works), but it's nothing special. They just have a really effective marketing department. But you'll have that when a company was founded and is run by a... biologist... horticulturalist... hmm, give me a second, it'll come to me... Oh, yeah, now I remember - a former ad agency executive ;) .

Advanced Nutrients... Meh. I remember when Doc Bud did a comparison between that and Osmocote Plus - that dry time release nutrient you can buy in big sacks for little money. Osmocote Plus kicked Advanced Nutrients' arse :p.

AN works (just about everything works), but it's nothing special. They just have a really effective marketing department. But you'll have that when a company was founded and is run by a... biologist... horticulturalist... hmm, give me a second, it'll come to me... Oh, yeah, now I remember - a former ad agency executive ;) .
I agree but have had good results. Not having to adjust PH was nice. My plans are to go to Jacks/Peters and mix my own. I have been following snow bounds journals and really learning the numbers and relations. I am not interested in spending unnecessary money. Until my space is done I don’t have all the luxuries of sinks and such so bottle nutes it is. Gotta keep it simple for awhile.

One of the "Jack's" products, calcium nitrate, and Epsom salt is a great combination for cannabis, and has been used by growers for many years. Unfortunately, there are a buch of different "Jack's" - and I don't remember which specific one I'm thinking of. If you visit your favorite web-search engine and do a search for:
Code:
Jack's "calcium nitrate" "Epsom salt"
...then you'll most likely find lots of information. Calcium nitrate is cheap at nurseries, real hardware stores, and farm supply stores, probably even at the big hardware-themed department stores. Epsom salt is cheap at grocery stores, pharmacies / "drug stores" (no, not dispensaries ;) ), and department stores that have a "healthcare & hygiene section." And all three components are shelf-stable, so it doesn't hurt to buy in bulk (although a 50-pound sack of calcium nitrate might be a bit much, LMAO, so "bulk," in this case, is a relative term).

One of the "Jack's" products, calcium nitrate, and Epsom salt is a great combination for cannabis. Unfortunately, there are a buch of different "Jack's" - and I don't remember which specific one I'm thinking of. If you visit your favorite web-search engine and do a search for:
Code:
Jack's "calcium nitrate" "Epsom salt
...then you'll most likely find lots of information. Calcium nitrate is cheap at nurseries, real hardware stores, and farm supply stores, probably even at the big hardware-themed department stores. Epsom salt is cheap at grocery stores, pharmacies / "drug stores" (no, not dispensaries ;) ), and department stores that have a "healthcare & hygiene section." And all three components are shelf-stable, so it doesn't hurt to buy in bulk (although a 50-pound sack of calcium nitrate might be a bit much, LMAO, so "bulk," in this case, is a relative term).
The Jack 321 it’s like 39$ and makes over 500 gallons, I’m good with that. Much friendlier than the AN products on the pocket books. This site is what has changed my ways. Lol

Back
Top Bottom