How much $

There are several reasons seeds are expensive. The #1 reason is they are illegal. If cannabis was legal seed banks would be forced to drop prices as everyone would be doing the DIY grow. The next factor is genetics. You are paying for the development costs of the given strain. Then there is always the supply and demand part. New or recent Cup winners will always command a high price.

On my first grow now and I think my most expensive seed was about $5/ea. Once these grow out I will likely take my favorite strains and try some selective polination to creat myown seeds for future use.

put this inperspective guys...if a 25.00 seed gives you a 1000.00 plant then WTF do you care? I paid 300.00 for 20 fem seeds and Ill do it all day long.

Seed Prices

put this inperspective guys...if a 25.00 seed gives you a 1000.00 plant then WTF do you care? I paid 300.00 for 20 fem seeds and Ill do it all day long.

I get the point, simple math but when U don't have that kind of start up capitol price is a major concern. On top of that, u have to know what ur doin to get $1000 off of a plant. I think the dudes with bagseed are lucky. I haven't seen a seed (excpet off a hermie) in almost 3 years. The more repected and known names tend to cost more I'm assuming because of all of the time and work put into developing good strain and establishing a name as a breeder. My opinion.
Seeds aren't illegal everywhere. Most seedbanks appear to sell them as novelty items or for growers who wish to preserve genetics so when the laws change they growers can get to growing.Selling seeds for cultivation is illegal in most places I've read about.

Thank about the amount of seed you can get from one plant? Now how about being a breeder having a room full of seed making plants. AT 25 dollars a seed! do that math.:hmmmm:

seeds15.jpg
I like colect them like stamp's...lol...

TOP ROW
T.H.Seed's-SOUR AND S.A.G.E.,KUSHAGE
FINEST MEDICINAL SEED'S-CITRUS SKUNK(FEM)
LOWLIFE-AK-47,WHITE RUSSIAN(FEM)
THE JOINT DR.-EAZY RYDER(FEM)
SOMA-G13/HAZE X N.Y.C.D.
CH9-MIXED(FEM)

SECOND ROW
WHITE LABLE-DOUBLE GUM,WHITE DIESEL(FEM)
DUTCH PASSION-BLUEBERRY
GREEN HOUSE SEED'S-ALASKAN ICE(FEM),WHITE WIDOW,BUBBA KUSH(FEM)

THIRD ROW
NIRVANA-SHIVA,BUBBLEICIOUS(FEM),WHITE RINO.HINDU KUSH
RESERVOIR-CHEMDOG/HAZE/DIESEL

FOURTH ROW
NIRVANA-NL X SHIVA,AURORA INDICA,N.L X HAZE,SHIVA
SAGARMATHA-AK-48(FEM),SMURFBERRY2(FEM)

FIFTH ROW
SENSI SEED'S-SHIVA SKUNK
SERIOUS SEED'S-WHITE RUSSIAN,WHITE RUSSIAN,BUBBLE GUM
DOPE SEED'S-THI/HAZE X SKUNK#1

store them in the refrigerator pantry weed,vacumseal-bags have used seed's keeped like this 4 years after storing some i will grow some i will trade and some i will give away oh well,
As you can see i like my bean's...peace

I tend to agree with BWC Bay Area on the subject. While I wouldn't question anyone for buying seeds, my own desire to buy seeds of MJ exotics is offset by both cost, and personal paranoia regarding risk. For me, this is especially true since I haven't been disappointed with any of my bag seed grows to date. The only drawback is the red headed step child syndrome of bag seed grows compared to exotics.

Not to discount the work and effort put into the science of MJ seed development, I view name branding to be a marketing tool. But I sure would like to sample some shit off that 1000 dollar plant:cheesygrinsmiley:

I would never look down on a bag seed grow how do you think we got sour deisel from.Or bubbel gum.It seems to that is where you will find some new phenom. One thing i think we all should do is grow a crop for seed and take some of the power away from the dutch seed companies.

Great idea, logistics would be a challenge, but I'd love to donate seeds, or clones for the cause. Interesting, I wasn't aware of those strains were derived from bag babies. That's what what I love about this site, everyday is a learning experience.

I just paid with shipping 130.00 for 10 feminized wht. widow plus 20 free seeds, the 20 free I just want 1 good male and I'll be happy.:surf:

Dain I always go for seeds,my last grow I have seeds that are kush and widow only got 11 as I did 2 small branches.but I'm stocking up.

Back
Top Bottom