How to avoid my weed being stolen

validnasi

last year my grow was stolen from my balcony while i was sleeping, someone managed to climb up and steal it...

i'm shitting bricks because i'm always paranoid that someone will steal my soon to be ready grow.

what can i do to improve the "security" of my balcony grow?

i was thinking of tying a 40kg weight to the main stem of the plant with a metal chain, good luck cutting that or going down the balcony with 40kg, ofc they might just rip my weed out and kill it, but at least they won't get it right?

Realistically, you have two, possibly three options:

Place garden inside.

Move to a different location and be sure not to tell anyone who could possibly have stolen your plant last year - or anyone who could possibly tell any of those people - what your new address is.

Carry the plant inside each and every evening, and back outside each and every morning - and hope that no one steals it while it's out there (or, having noticed that you are growing cannabis again this year, breaks in and steals it while it's inside).

I'd go with the first or second option. Placing cannabis plants outside sort of depends on the honor system - and thieves have no honor.

Get a trail camera with IR and cell phone alert, mount it so it has plant in focus. When thief comes trail cam takes picture sens you alert, you get outta bed goto balcony door and handle situation in appropriate manner. Or get/make a spike mat and cover rail of balcony. I would go with razor wire.

Need a logistical approach, how far up in your balcony? Size of plants? If you think like a theif, you can see how they might steal it. Then figure out how to prevent that. Maybe get one of those cheap plastic greenhouses from Amazon. They don't add alot of security but it protects visual sight lines and forces the theifnto be on your balcony longer

Dog... no one gets anywhere near our home without my girls 1) letting them know they have sharp teeth and 2) they will use them on anyone not invited.

We dont even lock the doors most of the time.

Put up a sign - security by Smith and Wesson.

Trench gun with turkey shot. lol

Do you want some more punk, do ya?

Gotta be careful with guns and weed. Together they are frowned upon by law enforcement. 1 or the other usually ok.

Trench gun with turkey shot. lol

Do you want some more punk, do ya?

Gotta be careful with guns and weed. Together they are frowned upon by law enforcement. 1 or the other usually ok.
Keep the gun in a safe somewhere no one can reach but you. Nothing wrong with protecting yourself in my opinion brother!

Keep the gun in a safe somewhere no one can reach but you. Nothing wrong with protecting yourself in my opinion brother!

only issue is everyone gets used to it and travels in to everything heavy. tiny crap winds up leaving folk dead on both sides of the coin. weed in plain view would fall in that category, don't invite trouble.

but have a nice time with that.

for the record i am pro gun. just responsible.

Do you have cameras @bobrown14 ?

Yes I do... Not many people round these parts tho. Thing I've been worrying about lately are small private planes. They've been flying overhead and pretty low. We live on a mountain side. I don't know what my Patch looks like from a plane.

4 legged critters are the challenge until they 2-3 feet tall. After that then the 2 legged critters.

Urban setting, ARs penetrate too much. A 12 is a much better idea, especially in the dark.

Maybe. Some people use 3" shells full of 00 (or 000) buck shot - and I hope their immediate neighbors don't have their bedrooms in the side of their houses facing those people. I like #3 buck. For those without much experience with shotguns, a 12-gauge might be the wrong size altogether. It's entirely possible that a novice shooter will miss the first shot (yes, even with a shotgun) - and that their second shot ends up hitting their ceiling (and whatever happens to be on the other side of it). For such people, a 16-gauge (not as common as it once was, but still available) might be a better choice. Or even a 20-gauge. That's perfectly capable of killing someone at "in the house" distances - and a novice / elderly / frail shooter will have a much easier time getting back on target for a follow-up shot in case the first one misses.

Keep the gun in a safe somewhere

...because every burglar will be happy to stop and wait for you to get out of bed, go to the safe, open it, and— ohwaitaminute :rolleyes: . The proper place for any self-defense weapon is within reach.

Gotta be careful with guns and weed [sic]. Together they are frowned upon by law enforcement.

Home Depot sells shovels. And hatchets. And contractor's trash bags. <SHRUGS>

Rocks and a tarp ... we have a nice pile of the rocks on top of a tarp in the woods! Not sure why its there but the first thing that came to my mind was hachets shovel and contractor bags. lol

I'm not looking.... wood you?

Home Depot sells shovels. And hatchets. And contractor's trash bags.

with cameras, receipts, and paper and electronic trails, crucial to throwing your ass in prison for 30 years ... :laughtwo:

I’ve got an free and easy solution for you.

if you have WiFi and an old cellphone that will connect to it, you’re gonna end up doing this.

it’s an app called “Manything” it allows you to plug that old phone in (it has to stay plugged in) download it.
Download it also on your current phone. As long as you don’t need the video saved and you only use one camera, it’s free!
If you do add another old phone/security camera, just use a different email.

this app lets me set up a zone for motion detection, and sends me texts immediately if that zone is entered. I can from anywhere see and hear what’s going on. And if I don’t get you then, at least I know what you look like.

here’s a couple pics-

Attachments

• D24BA436-7703-49CE-B42C-DD940B1A6C21.png
    D24BA436-7703-49CE-B42C-DD940B1A6C21.png
    319.7 KB · Views: 45
  • B660574F-8B80-4459-9D36-3E70929F1B94.png
    B660574F-8B80-4459-9D36-3E70929F1B94.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 59
with cameras, receipts, and paper and electronic trails, crucial to throwing your ass in prison for 30 years ... :laughtwo:

If your neighbors dislike you enough to call the police every time they hear a little bit of noise, then they're probably the ones who stole your cannabis plants you have more problems than just the someone committing suicide by attempted robbery one.

Back
Top Bottom