How To Grow With LEDs

Hi everyone. Stealthgrow here again to give you all another little update on my grow with LED's. I posted with pics on pg 1 of this thread right up to the point I flipped the lights to 12/12, well that was 21 days ago now and I thought I would show you how the ladies are doing. I gotta say, I have nothing but love for my LED's, my plants are healthy and loving life, they are high-five'n all the time, and just doing really well.

The MasterKush and White Widow on day 19 since flip to 12/12.

IMG_167317.JPG

IMG_168510.JPG

IMG_168410.JPG

IMG_168610.JPG

IMG_16879.JPG

IMG_169312.JPG

IMG_16997.JPG

LED's are the new way to grow! The lights cost a little extra but pay for themselves in the long run for 2 reasons.

1. The expected lifespan of an average LED light is 50 000 hours whereas HPS lifespan is about 15 000 hours and then you need to buy a new bulb. LED's save $$$.

2. Stress relief. Using LED's resolves almost all heat issues, which is one of the biggest problems with growing indoors.
Just the heat issues being resolved is enough to turn me to LED's over HPS. Also with LED's generating less heat, A/C won't have to work as hard to cool everything down saving more $$$ on electricity bill.

Food for thought. ;)

This is actually my 1st grow, but before I bought my equipment I researched a ton. I decided to spend the extra cash on LED's in order to save headaches down the road. I haven't regretted my decision for a second.

I am doing a conservative defol I took the top 4 leaves off each plant except the runt ( it's the OG Kush ) I have left the bottom ones' for now. I won't be doing any training I'll let them go pretty much like the last grow. My lower Buds did pretty good. For now it's just gonna be top once and defol as needed. I have my lights at an angle and I'm getting good penetration. Fimming has slowed things down a bit. Give 'em a week and they'll be back.

What a great thread ! I can not believe how far we have come. Man has learned the trick to sustain plant life without nature. The LED technology is surely the future of lighting needs. And, yes, I have observed it in my small nursery that the proximity do affect the growth. So, gather as much knowledge as possible to get a beautiful crop.

I know that the leds don't through the heat hps lights do but how do you keep the temp right for the leaves then if you do a hydro grow dont you need the water to be at cooler temps?

Back
Top Bottom