How To Grow With LEDs

any suggestions on what kind of seeds you would recommend for a newb? I am thinking of LST , I am hearing in a 3x3 space I should only be going with one plant. But have seen some short plant seed that may allow for 2? But then again I dont think a short height strain is good for LST. And obviously I want something tasty and good looking lol

You got room for a few plants. Your height will be limiting factor. You can look at my box and see. I got 3 easy in it and plan to add couple more. When it's all finished. I should be able to manage 5 or 6 in my space but requires work to make them all fit nice. I would suggest a couple that way you have room to work. Reason I started small. Then from there figure out what type of growing works for you. Of course this is just my opinion and could be total bs

I will say in you space LED will go nice and is great at helping with the heat especially in smaller spaces

Hey is anybody running over 1k watts in leds in a closed environment? I assumed it would be a lot more efficient being that you don't have to deal with so much heat but just wanted to get some input. More then one way to skin a cat! I understand CGE isn't for everyone..... just wondering!!!

Thanks for the suggestion! I didn't receive your PM, I haven't hit the 50 posts yet to activate the messaging. I am getting there tho lol. Where do you like getting your beans?

OK wasnt sure if you had to have 50 to receive or just to send.

The PK seeds I grew were not ordered. I have only ordered seeds once. Last winter I ordered a few single seeds from a sponsor here, Castle Seeds. They came faster than I expected and were in a padded DVD/Game case in a padded envelope. I havent checked yet but if they have the Tahoe OG I want when I am ready to order I will go with them again., if not Ill go with whoever has it

Hey is anybody running over 1k watts in leds in a closed environment? I assumed it would be a lot more efficient being that you don't have to deal with so much heat but just wanted to get some input. More then one way to skin a cat! I understand CGE isn't for everyone..... just wondering!!!

You may want to check out Jon705's journal, he has the sickest grow I seen on here so far...

Jon705's Multi Strain HPS LED Hybrid System

Yeah that is pretty sick man! Will be trying to pick his brain as soon as I get back stateside! First grow on my own with a nice setup in my opinion. But it's not the car its the driver:thumb:

In my searches I find a lot of "auto" plant seed. I understand that these are designed to automatically switch from veg to flower. Generally they are smaller plants with smaller yields due to their quick harvest times. Some seem to think they are good for a beginner? But i feel that maybe its not because its making it almost too easy? Any thoughts?

LoveThyPit,

IMO the key to learning how to grow is listen to advice and then tailor it to your own 'style'. Same with regards to what to grow. I like taking in info from many different sources then using my own common sense to decide what best for me. The best way to learn is to make mistakes. You do not learn as much from success as you do mistakes.

What do you like to smoke? Sativa or Indica? For your first attempt the best thing to do is just get some cheaper seeds and just go at it.

Just my 2 cents.

In my searches I find a lot of "auto" plant seed. I understand that these are designed to automatically switch from veg to flower. Generally they are smaller plants with smaller yields due to their quick harvest times. Some seem to think they are good for a beginner? But i feel that maybe its not because its making it almost too easy? Any thoughts?

On paper yes I would say but factor in your first grow. So you will be messing around more than someone who has couple grows under their belt. That can hurt yield with autos from what I read. Pretty much they are a you plant and grow seed the plant does all of the decisions for you . with that statement I would say yes they are the easiest.

I plan to move to autos for my next couple grows. The goal for me being that then I can run my set up 18/6 all the time and just be rotating plants through my zones from veg to flower. I plan to start them in dixie cups with one transplant to 2 gallon smart pots then they are in my flower chamber growing away till they are harvested. My goal being I can always be in a harvest and don't have to worry to much like right now. I only have access to my plants during the light time which is when I am sleeping. Right now that make working on my grow box pretty much impossible

Well that kinda leads into my next question. You say you are thinking the auto's for your next batch so that you can try running everything in a room under a light schedule of 18/6 the whole time. I know they are an auto seed made to do its own switching and what have you, but would they not benefit from a "normal" veg light schedule then switching to a flowering light schedule?

LoveThyPit,

IMO the key to learning how to grow is listen to advice and then tailor it to your own 'style'. Same with regards to what to grow. I like taking in info from many different sources then using my own common sense to decide what best for me. The best way to learn is to make mistakes. You do not learn as much from success as you do mistakes.

What do you like to smoke? Sativa or Indica? For your first attempt the best thing to do is just get some cheaper seeds and just go at it.

Just my 2 cents.

I am leaning toward an indica dominant strain, but at the same time I plan on getting a few different seeds the first time. Not going with crazy expensive ones by any means but I do want feminized ones. I have my reservations still about having seeds sent to me with my name and my address, so I am thinking to get a few the first time so I wont have to do it again in the near future.

Grow update plants are 19 days old and just transplanted into their final pots except for two, I ran out of soil. Damn! anyway here are the photos.
IMG_091422.JPG
IMG_091521.JPG
IMG_091630.JPG
IMG_091717.JPG
IMG_091825.JPG
IMG_091919.JPG
IMG_092019.JPG
IMG_092116.JPG
IMG_092219.JPG

What size pots you running harley ?

As for the auto schedule 18/6 is a normal veg cycle. I did my last 20/4 but most feel 18/6 is better. The reason I am going to autos is purely my set up. If I have both boxes on same time I don't have to worry about light leakage. It also means like I said I can just be running plants from one box to the next.

What size pots you running harley ?

As for the auto schedule 18/6 is a normal veg cycle. I did my last 20/4 but most feel 18/6 is better. The reason I am going to autos is purely my set up. If I have both boxes on same time I don't have to worry about light leakage. It also means like I said I can just be running plants from one box to the next.

Well yes the 18/6 is a normal veg light cycle, but wouldn't they benefit from a 12/12 in flower? Or are you saying you have a separate flower room on a different light schedule?

Well yes the 18/6 is a normal veg light cycle, but wouldn't they benefit from a 12/12 in flower? Or are you saying you have a separate flower room on a different light schedule?

I do have separate flower chamber but light can leak between the two. So presently my lights are always on same timing. Also right now everything I have going is just in my flower chamber.

Also the reason we switch to 12/12 is to force flower with a auto you don't need to do that. The plant goes to flower when is wants too

Back
Top Bottom