How To Grow With LEDs

Ah I see your point in the end . LED has more coverage than most think .

I am going to run into lack of space in my grow so I will be testing the too close theory

It's all good all the info we can gather can only help us grow better and I think that's why we are here except for Fishies journal it always good for a laugh:peace::thumb::goodjob::circle-of-love::high-five:

MY first grow was with a "Shim" LED in a 2'x2.5' tent. I planted a FOS "Jack Auto" placed the light at the highest point in the tent possible and never moved it for the duration of the grow. That auto ended up 40" tall and net 2 zips after chop. The cola was within a 12-18" at the end. it never had good leaves on it due to poor nutrition but the proximity to the light didn't seem to affect the quality when the plant grew into that space on its own.

My observation is in a small grow would be put the LED up as high as it will go and never move it.

My babies 9 days old
IMG_086820.JPG
IMG_086616.JPG

After reading few more of our LED grows in the journals

Sun gasses eye protection. We don't know for sure but lets face we should not stare at the sun. So protect your eyes . I know I weld some and have brunt my eyes before. I do not suggest this it hurts like hell. I describe it as sleeping with your eyes full of sand

Carl did you do the potato slices on your eyes? a friend of my had too light of lens in his hood , welded for about 4 hrs.& he sat around for two day with them on his eyes & said that was the best thing , but I don't know

Good Two-Tokeday all

After reading few more of our LED grows in the journals

Sun gasses eye protection. We don't know for sure but lets face we should not stare at the sun. So protect your eyes . I know I weld some and have brunt my eyes before. I do not suggest this it hurts like hell. I describe it as sleeping with your eyes full of sand

I agree I have a pair of old shades on top of tent and I put on whenever I open up tent.

G'day guys I am very new to growing and plan round 2 130watt leds in a wardrobe type cabinet thanks for all the input I an learning so much after seeing other peoples experiences.Very inerested in all the comments.

Carl did you do the potato slices on your eyes? a friend of my had too light of lens in his hood , welded for about 4 hrs.& he sat around for two day with them on his eyes & said that was the best thing , but I don't know

Good Two-Tokeday all

Cool wet wash cloth which would feel or be similar to the potato slices so yea about same to care for it. In the end I always say don't burn them. It is just bad

Harley you got a link for us ?

Welding goggles are actually used by a lot of commercial growers. Not sure if links are allowed, so uh, Google this?

Uvex S3975D Stealth OTG Safety Goggles, Navy Body, Shade 5.0 Dura-streme Hardcoat/Anti-Fog Lens, Neoprene Headband
by Uvex

From amazon, reasonably priced, protects from UV and stuff, prescription glasses can be worn underneath them, wide field of vision, awesome look for Halloween costumes, yadda yadda.

Yeah, I just got a pair of sunglasses on top of my tent. It's mainly the royal blue I'm worried about. Blue is the highest energy and most destructive to my eyes, afaik, since I don't have any UV diodes in my tent. CFL's emit UV, though, since the Mercury vapor is excited in the UV range. Definitely protect yourself.

OK its been two weeks since the new ones popped check out the new photos
IMG_089816.JPG
IMG_089912.JPG
IMG_08979.JPG
IMG_090017.JPG
IMG_090113.JPG
IMG_090212.JPG
IMG_09038.JPG
IMG_090614.JPG
IMG_090516.JPG
IMG_090712.JPG
IMG_090823.JPG
IMG_090917.JPG
Prety soon that room will be full of plants not gonna top yet, if at all, I'm gonna wait and see how the buds sites look first. I'm thinkin I may have enough penetration to grow some taller plants. Any advice as to the genetics of the afore mentioned plants would be helpful in making a decision on topping.:peace::high-five::thumb::circle-of-love:

OK I screwed up lets start at the beginning
1 When getting started with your grow there are some things you need to decide on before starting any grow.
Ask yourself how much room do I have to grow. This will determine the number of plants, the wattage and number of lights.
2 Next ask yourself how much do I want to invest. This will determine what light to buy most of the LEDs on the market will grow plants
it is up to you to research and make an informed decision on which manufacture to go with. There are several growers on this site who
can relate their experiences with their lights. Just ask questions.
3 When deciding on which LED you want take into consideration some LEDs can be used to grow from seedling to harvest. There are two
ways to approach this you can buy separate lights for veg and flower or you can buy a light that has both veg and flower LEDs built into
the panel. If you decide to go with the second option make sure you use the flowering footprint to determine the size of light you want.
The flowering footprint is smaller due to the need for more light during flower.
4 Once your seeds have germinated and you have them in soil the distance from the light to the soil should be at least 36" until the
seedlings have their fourth set of leaves in my opinion. You may try to keep the light closer if you do look for leaf curling or bleaching
these are the signs I noticed before moving my lights up. Distance from the light will depend a lot on the wattage
5 Once you've reached this point it's about feeding, training, and light schedules, you have some leeway in what you choose to do. If you
have made a good choice of a LED for your situation you will be well on your way to a successful grow

Again any input from the forum members is greatly appreciated

Thanks for the info Harley! I am just beginning the process of getting my materials for my first grow. I went with a 3x3x6'8" tent and a topled 192x3w panel (same one Buckshot is trying out). I wont make any claims of the light being the best light out there, but for the price and being for a first timer I think I made a good decision. My next hold up is figuring out what seeds to get and what sponsor to trust to be discreet.

Back
Top Bottom