IMG_113715.JPG
IMG_113517.JPG
IMG_114217.JPG
IMG_113910.JPG
IMG_114013.JPG
IMG_114512.JPG
IMG_114315.JPG
IMG_114617.JPG

Right on BID I know you will do the light justice. I love your style brother. keep it real!:peace::circle-of-love::bravo: plus reps+

Hey, BID, that's good news man. Kinda works right into your schedule too eh?

Thanks man back at chat Harley,cuz it does work out very well and I'm very impressed with budmaster the light got here super effin' fast in perfect shape and is a mega beast look at this guys
DSCF08151.JPG
DSCF08071.JPG
DSCF08041.JPG
DSCF08082.JPG
DSCF08103.JPG
DSCF08093.JPG
DSCF07945.JPG
DSCF07804.JPG
DSCF07762.JPG
DSCF07693.JPG
DSCF07722.JPG
DSCF07644.JPG

It is horrendously bright you can't even force your eyes open to glance at it it outputs 150% more light power than a 600hps and is almost overkill for a 4x4 tent PERFECT! And they make 2 lights even bigger the biggest is not yet available but very soon, and the pricepoint for this light is half to a third of equally powered lights it has a modular redundant system 1 cluster gets 1 power supply all user swappable 225 3 watt dioeds pulling about 440Watts at the high setting I can turn down all the fans to 30 min 4 times a day since there's almost no heat generation did I mention it's crazy bright!?

Hello Everyone, new here.
I have enjoyed this forum very much. The general attitude seems very positive and generous.
I wished they were all like this.

Thank you guys for sharing your hard earned lessons with novices like myself. Many Thanks...

I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask but first a little background...

I live in 80 to 90 degree weather most of the year, hotter in the summer which is one of the main reasons for interest in LED, of course aside from the economy, promise of a bountiful harvest and elegance of this solution.
The heat is a big issue here.
Stealth is critical...
Our beloved plant is frowned upon by the powers that be around here.

I've been reading threads and topics on LED for a few months and finally pulled the trigger on the TopLed 96x3 reflector.
I just ordered yesterday but I'm in no rush, my diy McGyver 300 watt CFL setup is doing fine, in fact better than I expected after reading a lot of negative opinions about it on forums and such.
I have about 3 or four weeks to harvest and it's pretty frosty.
I have always had a green thumb, but so far only for edible produce (tomatoes, squash etc). :thumb:

This was my first grow, with Herbie's GHSC Chemdog feminized 2 plants/DWC 5 gal buckets with GH nutrients and aside from a few minor setbacks, mostly from my own paranoia,it's been a smooth and very enjoyable experience. (but just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you).

I wished I would've vegged sooner for one, I had to uproot (stealth loss) one time at about 5 weeks of veg, and switched from soil to DWC at about 6 weeks veg. Total veg 8 weeks!!!!

CFLs are ok, but I found them to be slow and still produced quite a bit of heat for my weather. Also chasing the plant growth with cfl bulb proximity was fun for about a minute...
But all in all I'm glad I did it, and by the looks and smells of things it was well worth it.

Ok , here's my questions

Stealthgrow, thanks for the post with the pics about the difference in distance from your plants, would you share with us what lights you are using. I think knowing at least the wattage would help us figure out how it may apply to our own situation. Thanks in advance.

Also, I have read some posts about how keeping the light 24-36 inches away improves bud size and tightness. This seems counter intuitive but I like to keep an open mind, does anyone have experience with this?

Lastly, I'm hoping my just ordered topled 96x3 reflector is going to be cooler than my 300 hundred watt cfl setup (1x 105, 8x23, 4x13) Has anybody worked with cfl and led and have experience with this?

Lastly, is there a consensus on weather reflective material helps with these lights, mylar, white plastic, etc?
I have two car windshield reflector panels wrapped around my diy hood now, hoping to bypass the whole reflective material thing to have better access to plants for husbandry.

Thanks for reading my post and thanks in advance for any help you may share with me and all here...

Peace! Love! Weed!

Sorry guys, can't figure how to post pics, I don't have a url, just jpgs in my laptop...
Solutions anyone? Thanks...

a great read thankyou. i am considering LED so thanks for the info

Hi there just joined tonight and a newbie and just got leds and as no heat issues is for me as away a lot and was worried about the heat concern, I have spoke to a fellow grower and he told me that he thinks the buds will not form as good as no heat on them, he suggested using heat mats under the post and been reading up threads on here but cant find any mention of this so do not want to if not needed? also he mentioned that the pots wont dry out anough and could cause mould that way and wont get a lot of nuits through lack of watering , could anyone please give me some advice on this. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom