How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Hi Dennise,

No worries about being late to the party, been my story all my life, lol. I've had a patient with MS early on and he made large improvements. It wasn't a close friend, a referral. He and his wife started to travel (a excellent sign) and I haven't heard anything in quite some time. I wish a person who I helped with Lime disease could give me some follow up also. I've found out people who improve their quality of life do exactly that; get on with life. I personally think it will help you immensely. As Cannafan mentioned, budnoob would have insight to share also and will let him chime in when he can.

I'm a little late for the party but am quit interested in what this can do for MS.. To say that me playing with grain alcohol is probably not the best idea in the world but I am very interested in trying the oil because I refuse to use the pharmaceutical drugs they prescribe.... Thanks for all the info you have posted.....:circle-of-love:

Easily done. After the oil is done cooking down and cooled just cover, store in a cool dark place (room temp). If refrigerated it takes longer for the oil to heat up and process. Just keep in mind the process will take longer as the oil isn't 170 plus degrees starting out.
No worries.

Great. Thanks everyone.
And I do not need a fan or open surroundings for the decarboxylation process? Just to make sure.

One more question- Hopefully the last one...Can I use wax warmer instead of coffee warmer for the Decarb process? Has anyone any idea?

Great. Thanks everyone.
And I do not need a fan or open surroundings for the decarboxylation process? Just to make sure.

Correct; a fan is not required for the decarboxylation process. I've never used a wax warmer (surfing?). Perhaps someone else has can chime in.

Okay. I managed to get an Induction cook-top but it has temp. settings starting from 100 deg Celsius then 130 deg C then 150deg C. It doesn't have any thing(precise temp.) lower than 100 deg C but it does have "Warm" button just below 100 Deg C.
Since I cannot manage to get a handheld thermometer here I'm planning to go safe and use the "Warm" button/level(should work as a coffee warmer) instead of going 100 C or 130C. By doing that, I would not be able to use double boiler method instead I would put the SS measuring cup w/induction base directly to the induction cook-top. Please let me know if you think that would also work.

Also, Can I use Aluminum based (inside material is Aluminum and outside is stainless steel) measuring cup for the Decarb. process instead of complete SS cup? Or is there any particular reason why we use SS cup only? Please guide.

Also, Can I use Aluminum based (inside material is Aluminum and outside is stainless steel) measuring cup for the Decarb. process instead of complete SS cup? Or is there any particular reason why we use SS cup only? Please guide.

It is safer to use Stainless steel due the possible reaction of any alcohol left in the oil and aluminum. Aluminum can possibly be corrosive and react, Stainless steel doesn't have that danger. It is a much debated subject on the net. If you have SS, that would be best IMO.

This is the abstract for the application for patent by the GW Pharmaceuticals. You can guugle the application number US 20130059018 and read the entire application. It appears that someone is trying to patent the oil.

Phytocannabinoids in the treatment of cancer

US 20130059018 A1

ABSTRACT
This invention relates to the use of phytocannabinoids, either in an isolated form or in the form of a botanical drug substance (BDS) in the treatment of cancer. Preferably the cancer to be treated is cancer of the prostate, cancer of the breast or cancer of the colon.

WJ

Gaurav,
I actually had to stop my process once due to an emergency taking me away from home. I got back to it 2 days later and all turned out just fine.
Also, I had made a huge supply of tincture before I ever made any oil. I made oil from the tincture, which had been sitting a few weeks and the oil came out just great.
Just my 2 C's

:)

Edit: However, I do agree that the only way to really know for sure on the strength etc. is a lab test.

Just curious to know, when you came back after 2 days to complete the decarb. process, was the oil still liquidy or did it become hard(like the final product)?

Oh and huge congratulations to Motoco for member of the month. You deserve it!!!!

Does this mean its a 'copout' by the big pharmies that the oil has medicinal value? So now they want to 'greed' this also. Oh, and as treatment to only 3 cancers. Could one imagine the cost of these treatments? BTW, they knew it many many years ago. Bottom line I guess is they don't screw this up also. Nice find wj!

This is the abstract for the application for patent by the GW Pharmaceuticals. You can guugle the application number US 20130059018 and read the entire application. It appears that someone is trying to patent the oil.

Phytocannabinoids in the treatment of cancer

US 20130059018 A1

ABSTRACT
This invention relates to the use of phytocannabinoids, either in an isolated form or in the form of a botanical drug substance (BDS) in the treatment of cancer. Preferably the cancer to be treated is cancer of the prostate, cancer of the breast or cancer of the colon.

WJ

Thank you for the clarification and your correct, it could just be from the the radiation/chemo some of the effects last a long time. Thanks also for clarifying the energy. Just the falling down part concerned me. But now I think as you said, remnants of the chemo/radiation.

On your sativa dominant strain. I would harvest it at nine weeks so perhaps we can get a little cbd coming to play. The impossible to get CBD. He needs this as you already know. Take it to amber trichs as I feel it is just as important right now for any brain inflammation and his skin hurting. Yours has nada CBD or the skin wouldn't hurt. Perhaps you missed a post but I think Cannafan posted where she got her CBD strains. Perhaps see her post or ask her. Hope this helps. You don't have to answer the PM now, lolol.
Its hard to count on anyone when you need things now. Your a 'doer' so it will happen. Your very welcome.

Not a Dr.! :)

420 Motoco

Hey Motoco and fightsmallcell,
I get all of my seeds from Herbies, a sponsor here.
My first order of seeds was from Nirvana shop and that is where I got the White Widow and the Master Kush. Master Kush is 95% Indica.
White Widow is a hybrid, but is used for daytime. Here's a little quote on the effects:
Among the most famous strains worldwide is White Widow, a balanced hybrid first bred in the Netherlands by Green House Seeds. A cross between a Brazilian sativa landrace and a resin-heavy South Indian indica, White Widow has blessed every Dutch coffee shop menu since its birth in the 1990s. Its buds are white with crystal resin, warning you of the potent effects to come. A powerful burst of euphoria and energy breaks through immediately, stimulating both conversation and creativity.

I just read on another journal this afternoon that White Widow name has been changed to "Black Widow". I'm not quite sure why, but I haven't had time to look into that yet.

That is my standby daytime and night time so far. :)

I think most of it is the medical tx but I am still going to make a change in my tacking. I am going to tack those 1/8 grain size more than just the first tack of the day. Also, I am a little confused at what you are saying when I should harvest. Harvest what I have here at 9 weeks? What about the trichome color. I am not too good at telling the difference between milky and clear. They all look clear with the big light in the background. But I have not seen any amber yet.

My problem with getting seeds is I do not have a safe house to send them too. I do have a last resort but am kinda scared of this "connection" I don't know this guy at all.

Hi Motoco, "You Are The Man" I want to thank you for your never ending fight to save people you are blessed and deserved "Member of The Month" should be member of the year! Pharmaceuticals are the right hand of our corrupt govt. and are the helping hand that keep us sick, and now they are trying to get into the oil? be where of govt. drug dealers.

Peace Brother

Fghtsmallcell,
I have some recent pics of trichomes that have clear/milky/amber. If you like I can send you a link to the page on my journal for them.
Just as an example if it helps. :)

Edit: I found a nice clear example at weed portal under the harvesting and flushing category:

Trichs_example.jpg

Edit: I copied the whole article over to my 420 Magazine blog if you want to check it out:

Trichome colors and the effects

Hi 420mainstrain,

Thank you for your kind words and welcome to 420 Magazine. You understand the process, money, greed and power is above all else in their eyes with no regard for human life.

Warmest regards

Hi Motoco, "You Are The Man" I want to thank you for your never ending fight to save people you are blessed and deserved "Member of The Month" should be member of the year! Pharmaceuticals are the right hand of our corrupt govt. and are the helping hand that keep us sick, and now they are trying to get into the oil? be where of govt. drug dealers.

Peace Brother

Back
Top Bottom