How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

I was trying to think what would be best for your Husband to try to get some CBD in the mix with what you have. I was thinking mid-term in hopes to get even 2% CBD. For me it was around 50% clear and 50% milky with a few amber trichs starting to show. Hope this was explained a little better. Cannafan's pic's show better detail. I know its hard sometimes with the bright lights and all.

I think most of it is the medical tx but I am still going to make a change in my tacking. I am going to tack those 1/8 grain size more than just the first tack of the day. Also, I am a little confused at what you are saying when I should harvest. Harvest what I have here at 9 weeks? What about the trichome color. I am not too good at telling the difference between milky and clear. They all look clear with the big light in the background. But I have not seen any amber yet.

My problem with getting seeds is I do not have a safe house to send them too. I do have a last resort but am kinda scared of this "connection" I don't know this guy at all.

Thanks Cannafan, That is helpful. Once I see even 1 amber trichome, do I have time to flush for 2 weeks without my THC further degrading too much?? I don't know how fast the trichomes will continue to change to amber. I have looked at so many pics of clear vs cloudy, I seem to always guess wrong with the pics. I will keep looking though. My calyxes are swollen and some pistils are are turning color. I will closer to see if they are receding. If I want to harvest at 9 weeks I need to start flushing now,

Motoco, were you referring to a CBD strain when you said take it to full amber??

we too have white widow's growing from clones from our last run that was grown from seed from nirvana.

day 64 flower today, flushed 6 days ago.

Hey Motoco and fightsmallcell,
I get all of my seeds from Herbies, a sponsor here.
My first order of seeds was from Nirvana shop and that is where I got the White Widow and the Master Kush. Master Kush is 95% Indica.
White Widow is a hybrid, but is used for daytime. Here's a little quote on the effects:

I just read on another journal this afternoon that White Widow name has been changed to "Black Widow". I'm not quite sure why, but I haven't had time to look into that yet.

That is my standby daytime and night time so far. :)

Fghtsmallcell,
I have some recent pics of trichomes that have clear/milky/amber. If you like I can send you a link to the page on my journal for them.
Just as an example if it helps. :)

Edit: I found a nice clear example at weed portal under the harvesting and flushing category:

Trichs_example.jpg

Edit: I copied the whole article over to my 420 Magazine blog if you want to check it out:

Trichome colors and the effects - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®

Dang it Sis, (I'm the brother from another mother) I've been on this site for a long time but never subscribed to your blog. My bad!! I will read the entire blog (118) tonight.

P.S. How's mom doing?

got messed up on the post I was replying to and now it won't let me cancel it, LOL My bad

I was trying to think what would be best for your Husband to try to get some CBD in the mix with what you have. I was thinking mid-term in hopes to get even 2% CBD. For me it was around 50% clear and 50% milky with a few amber trichs starting to show. Hope this was explained a little better. Cannafan's pic's show better detail. I know its hard sometimes with the bright lights and all.

I see. OK. got it now. Thanks once again. :)
Peace

Here is me thinking too much again. Sorry in advance. This same plant I now have at 7 weeks was harvested at almost 8 weeks last time. I harvested early for a couple of reasons. So you are saying that it may have more CBD if I harvest before peak THC?? Also those small leaves with the buds are just loaded with trichomes. Someone told me that those have more CDB in them. Should I add those to my oil?? I have only cooked down the flowers so far. I still have a bag of dried up leaves that were loaded with trichomes from the first harvest. I don't mind using the extra everclear esp if it means pain relief and stopping tumors from spreading. But I do not want to mess up the quality of my oil either. What say my 420 family??
Peace

Yes, that is what I was referring to, a high CBD strain. Until that comes along I was trying to get some CBD into your sativa strain with a compromise lowering the THC a tad (hence-mid term). Many of the meds would be obsolete with CBD.

Thanks Cannafan, That is helpful. Once I see even 1 amber trichome, do I have time to flush for 2 weeks without my THC further degrading too much?? I don't know how fast the trichomes will continue to change to amber. I have looked at so many pics of clear vs cloudy, I seem to always guess wrong with the pics. I will keep looking though. My calyxes are swollen and some pistils are are turning color. I will closer to see if they are receding. If I want to harvest at 9 weeks I need to start flushing now,

Motoco, were you referring to a CBD strain when you said take it to full amber??

Hey fsc,

I'm decarbing right now, lol. I'll respond in more detail in a bit. TY

Here is me thinking too much again. Sorry in advance. This same plant I now have at 7 weeks was harvested at almost 8 weeks last time. I harvested early for a couple of reasons. So you are saying that it may have more CBD if I harvest before peak THC?? Also those small leaves with the buds are just loaded with trichomes. Someone told me that those have more CDB in them. Should I add those to my oil?? I have only cooked down the flowers so far. I still have a bag of dried up leaves that were loaded with trichomes from the first harvest. I don't mind using the extra everclear esp if it means pain relief and stopping tumors from spreading. But I do not want to mess up the quality of my oil either. What say my 420 family??
Peace

Hi fsc,

I agree, don't dilute your main flower oil. Do this, gather all your leaves, do the quick wash, etc., just like normal and make the oil. When completed, label it so it won't get confused with the other oil. Dose this as a supplement (booster if you will). If you have pain try this oil and see if it helps the pain. If so, Hubby will be glad as well as you. You could imagine growing a high CBD strain correctly the advantage it would have for pain/inflammation especially with brain surgery, brain trauma, etc. Just an FYI hemp has 3-5 % CBD on its leaves. On average my daytime blend has 30% CBD/80%+ THC on average. A reminder that the flower was 10%/25%.

Peace

Once again I thank you Motoco. That is a great idea and so simple. I don't know why I didn't think of that. I will try the leaves and see if it has any pain relief. And yes, once I can get my hands on a CBD strain hubby can get rid of decadron and pain med. Also hoping for clear scan and discontinuing the coumadin. Hubby had a good day today. I don't know if it was because of all the attention I gave him or because of me taking over the tacking again. I will have to watch him again to make sure he is doing it right.

Once again I thank you Motoco. That is a great idea and so simple. I don't know why I didn't think of that. I will try the leaves and see if it has any pain relief. And yes, once I can get my hands on a CBD strain hubby can get rid of decadron and pain med. Also hoping for clear scan and discontinuing the coumadin. Hubby had a good day today. I don't know if it was because of all the attention I gave him or because of me taking over the tacking again. I will have to watch him again to make sure he is doing it right.

Tacking the oil and proper dosing is going to help with the physical part of his illness, but the emotional part needs some extra help.
People who are suffering major illnesses start to feel helpless and hopeless at the same time. It can drag them down and make it harder for the medicine to do it's job. Your attention to him is relieving those feelings, and he will feel better knowing someone cares and is there for him when he can't take care of himself. Relieving those two emotions on him will make everything else work as it should. You are doing a great job, and he is very lucky to have someone who cares so much and wants him well. + reps for your hard work and for your mission to get him well. :circle-of-love:

Morning fsc,

You got a lot going on, your doing the whole show fsc. Mo and I know this is a hardship many don't understand. I can tell you exactly what has been going on with your darling husband. The issues has been his tacking, guaranteed. Bet he loves 'sloppy' doses (not stoned, but not clear headed) and this can explain exactly how he feels. Yep, hacking from the joints, spikes in blood sugar and blood pressure, especially with the meds. we hate go give up things we get spoiled on :) What he needs is a 'what for'. You have been busting your butt nursing him, growing and making his oil, cooking, cleaning, grocery store, laundry, all the chores, Dr's visits and the list goes on and on. All this hard work and effort can go down the tubes when not taking his oil correctly especially on these meds. Tacking correctly before the meds, no way. Tacking incorrectly on these meds is a serious issue. Won't overdose from the oil itself, but with man-made meds is entirely a different story. I'm so glad you mentioned this. Trust me, this is the main issue when he is dosing himself. No to mention when not taken correctly it is counter productive healing cancer or anything properly. You got it narrowed down with your last sentence. Time for some tough love fsc. I want to put up the 'happy face' but after all you have done, I would be pissed. It will do you good to vent also :) We love 'Red', he just needs a spank'n :Namaste:

ps - find his stash, its time he earned his treat :)

Great post Cannafan; Learning the oil is really the easy part. The head trips are a completely different story. This is why strains are so important. Up during the day helps with depression and dwelling on things and gives a much better attitude. Indica gives the knock out punch for sleep. The key issue is anxiety/panic attacks, fear of the unknown. When these become full blown, nothing and I mean nothing seems to help. No sleep until you actually collapse from exhaustion. This is the hardest part of caretaking. Family gets divided on yay or nay, the patient is not cooperating. It takes its toll. Mo and I have been through some things with patients and families that make war seem easy. It takes a VERY strong person to accept this type of punishment, over and over and over again. You know this also. Why do we like punishment? :)

Tacking the oil and proper dosing is going to help with the physical part of his illness, but the emotional part needs some extra help.
People who are suffering major illnesses start to feel helpless and hopeless at the same time. It can drag them down and make it harder for the medicine to do it's job. Your attention to him is relieving those feelings, and he will feel better knowing someone cares and is there for him when he can't take care of himself. Relieving those two emotions on him will make everything else work as it should. You are doing a great job, and he is very lucky to have someone who cares so much and wants him well. + reps for your hard work and for your mission to get him well. :circle-of-love:

In my case I call RSO a necessary evil as it can produce some paranoia on me. My dad also takes RSO and he doesn't get any so it varies but the benefits far outweigh the negatives.

So I keep trying different strains ...

Nice sis & so true.

Not when you take the oil properly my friend. Its the euphoria causing paranoia. Everyone's system is different. I know a gent that 'tacks' Indica for his daytime oil. He is so hyper, it works for him. I know a woman who doses daytime at nighttime, lol. These peeps are a minority, but, shows you how folks system can be so far apart. As things get repaired/controlled this can change.

In my case I call RSO a necessary evil as it can produce some paranoia on me. My dad also takes RSO and he doesn't get any so it varies but the benefits far outweigh the negatives.

So I keep trying different strains ...

Great post Cannafan; Learning the oil is really the easy part. The head trips are a completely different story. This is why strains are so important. Up during the day helps with depression and dwelling on things and gives a much better attitude. Indica gives the knock out punch for sleep. The key issue is anxiety/panic attacks, fear of the unknown. When these become full blown, nothing and I mean nothing seems to help. No sleep until you actually collapse from exhaustion. This is the hardest part of caretaking. Family gets divided on yay or nay, the patient is not cooperating. It takes its toll. Mo and I have been through some things with patients and families that make war seem easy. It takes a VERY strong person to accept this type of punishment, over and over and over again. You know this also. Why do we like punishment? :)

We don't really like punishment.... :laughtwo: but we are understanding and willing to put that aside to help someone. ;-) However, that being said... there are some patients out there who keep doing the bad stuff because they love the attention...I had one of those. (I'm not speaking of anyone here, or relating this to anyone here. ) He seemed to thrive on the negative attention. You have to learn when you are just spinning your wheels and causing yourself hardship and heartache in the vicious circle. I finally was forced to find him another residence. He has 24 hour professional care now and let him try to pull that BS with the paid caregivers! Ha!

Sure wish I lived closer to you Canna... I want this so badly but am scared to death... I honestly believe it would help and possible stop the effect of MS but the actual making of the oil scares me to death and knowing how to dose... I know I am a walking idiot at times and I know this is a pretty precise dosing.... Sure wish I lived closer Canna...:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom