How to Select the Right Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light for Your Specific Gardening Needs

Re: How to Select the Right Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light for Your Specific Gardening Nee

Yes, Billy, Epistar160w will do great for 2'x2' tent. And we have 10% off discount on Black Friday! It's a great chance to take one. :circle-of-love:
Hi Sara!

Could a person use a Mars Pro 160 in a 2 x 2 x 4 tent?

Re: How to Select the Right Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light for Your Specific Gardening Nee

Yes, Billy, Epistar160w will do great for 2'x2' tent. And we have 10% off discount on Black Friday! It's a great chance to take one. :circle-of-love:

I went with the Mars II 400w.

Your web site says that with this model you can, "Control spectrum settings between Growth and Bloom mode." I assume you can change the light setting to remove the red for the veg cycle?

Sent from my iPad using 420

Hi Billy, yes, if your MarsII400 has swithces for veg and bloom, you can only turn on veg which will ban the red light.:Namaste:
I went with the Mars II 400w.

Your web site says that with this model you can, "Control spectrum settings between Growth and Bloom mode." I assume you can change the light setting to remove the red for the veg cycle?

How to Select the Right Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light for Your Specific Gardening...

Hi Billy, yes, if your MarsII400 has swithces for veg and bloom, you can only turn on veg which will ban the red light.:Namaste:

Hi Sara,

You say IF my light has switches....My light hasn't arrived yet. Can you please tell me if the Mars 2 has switches or not??? I ordered it last week directly from Mars Hydro.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Hi Sara,

You say IF my light has switches....My light hasn't arrived yet. Can you please tell me if the Mars 2 has switches or not??? I ordered it last week...

It depends where you are. All the newly produced 400s have switches. If you get one of the old style they don't have switches. None of my Mars have switches. I have 2 400 and 1 900. They do great in veg and flower full powered. :peace:

Hi Sara,

You say IF my light has switches....My light hasn't arrived yet. Can you please tell me if the Mars 2 has switches or not??? I ordered it last week...

It depends where you are. All the newly produced 400s have switches. If you get one of the old style they don't have switches. None of my Mars have switches. I have 2 400 and 1 900. They do great in veg and flower full powered. :peace:

Thanks for that! Good to know. I thought that the red spectrum would cause problems during veg... I ordered directly from Mars Hydro so I am assuming they will be switchable...

Thanks for that! Good to know. I thought that the red spectrum would cause problems during veg... I ordered directly from Mars Hydro so I am assuming they will be switchable...

If you are in the US, I believe that all the US warehouses have updated stock. :peace:

:circle-of-love: thanks for the order, Billy, all the stock in US are updated to be switchable. If you are in countries other than US, there is still possibility that you will receive the one without switches.:Namaste:

How to Select the Right Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light for Your Specific Gardening...

:circle-of-love: thanks for the order, Billy, all the stock in US are updated to be switchable. If you are in countries other than US, there is still possibility that you will receive the one without switches.:Namaste:

I ordered from Canada...

I must say that it is somewhat disappointing that someone would get a product from Mars that doesn't meet the description listed on your website when they purchase directly from you simply because of where they were when they ordered.

I have seen no evidence that red spectrum improves, harms or is neutral during veg..but the fact that the light "does a good job" is somewhat beside the point in the end. The issue is the feature not being present when it is clearly stated that it should be.

(As an aside, if it isn't a feature that had some impact on growing, why would the 'new' models be switchable? Also, I do know through PMs that some very experienced growers have concerns about the red spectrum for veg...accurately or not, take it as you will)

Indicating the light is switchable on your website when it is very likely that a person may pay for a product being led to believe it has a feature that it does not, is somewhat suspect. Until this feature is available to all new orders, wouldn't it make proper business sense to remove the information about being able to "switch modes" from your website? I would hope that consumers would be informed up front if the product they paid for is not as described by the company.

Re: How to Select the Right Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light for Your Specific Gardening...

:circle-of-love:Hi Billy, I am sorry about this. You are right. Actually, we have deleted the information indicating the switches for all MarsII series for some time. If you still saw it at our wesbite, please point it out for us. Maybe we have missed some places. We will modify them in case the same trouble happens. :circle-of-love:
I ordered from Canada...

I must say that it is somewhat disappointing that someone would get a product from Mars that doesn't meet the description listed on your website when they purchase directly from you simply because of where they were when they ordered.

I have seen no evidence that red spectrum improves, harms or is neutral during veg..but the fact that the light "does a good job" is somewhat beside the point in the end. The issue is the feature not being present when it is clearly stated that it should be.

(As an aside, if it isn't a feature that had some impact on growing, why would the 'new' models be switchable? Also, I do know through PMs that some very experienced growers have concerns about the red spectrum for veg...accurately or not, take it as you will)

Indicating the light is switchable on your website when it is very likely that a person may pay for a product being led to believe it has a feature that it does not, is somewhat suspect. Until this feature is available to all new orders, wouldn't it make proper business sense to remove the information about being able to "switch modes" from your website? I would hope that consumers would be informed up front if the product they paid for is not as described by the company.

Re: How to Select the Right Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light for Your Specific Gardening...

:circle-of-love:Hi Billy, I am sorry about this. You are right. Actually, we have deleted the information indicating the switches for all MarsII series for some time. If you still saw it at our wesbite, please point it out for us. Maybe we have missed some places. We will modify them in case the same trouble happens. :circle-of-love:

Hi SmokeSara,

I just checked the mars-hydro site, every MarsII from 400 to 1600 has "Bloom & Growth modes: Two on board switches to control the growth mode." listed as it's first and most prominent feature.

Hi SmokeSara,

I just checked the mars-hydro site, every MarsII from 400 to 1600 has "Bloom & Growth modes: Two on board switches to control the growth mode." listed as it's first and most prominent feature.

Exactly... Not sure where they removed the info "quite some time ago" because it is literally listed as the first product feature not only on the main Mars II page but also on every specific model page... This is a screen cap from two days ago. Hopefully they correct this for future customers soon.

image35142.jpg

One of the reasons I haven't purchased one is because I can't seem to get past all the misinformation and truth in the marketing. I'm sure it is a great product but the business model is a bit off.....

My light did in fact arrive with the switchable feature which I am clearly happy about that! The light is also very solid and obviously well built. As stated above, my only concern was that it seems that some ship without the advertised feature.

Also, the communication from Mars sales has been great. They were quick to answer my inquires via email and the light shipped quickly!

Like I said, hopefully they get all the lights upgraded to 'switchable' or correct the website. I have no other complaints beyond that.

Peace!

:circle-of-love:Hi arteekay, thanks for your help. We have modified it. Please check it again in case of some missing. :Namaste:
Hi SmokeSara,

:circle-of-love:Hi Billy, thanks for this information. We did change it before... It's me that deleted the relevant information, that's why I was so sure...:bigblush: They recently have changed our server. It may be the reason the old template appears. Just now, I have erased all the information implying switches.:Namaste:
Exactly... Not sure where they removed the info "quite some time ago" because it is literally listed as the first product feature not only on the main Mars II page but also on every specific model page... This is a screen cap from two days ago. Hopefully they correct this for future customers soon.

image35142.jpg

:circle-of-love: Sorry about this, Mello. We just updated our website. It's not that perfect and we will improve them in the future. In case of some misinformation, you can contact me directly. I will give you the accurate information. :thanks:
One of the reasons I haven't purchased one is because I can't seem to get past all the misinformation and truth in the marketing. I'm sure it is a great product but the business model is a bit off.....

:cheer: Congrats, Billy. I am so gald to know you receive it with switches!!!:cheer: It's Thanksgiving Day! Feel so happy that we don't disapoint you.:cheer: Hope your plant will love it.:high-five:
My light did in fact arrive with the switchable feature which I am clearly happy about that! The light is also very solid and obviously well built. As stated above, my only concern was that it seems that some ship without the advertised feature.

Also, the communication from Mars sales has been great. They were quick to answer my inquires via email and the light shipped quickly!

Like I said, hopefully they get all the lights upgraded to 'switchable' or correct the website. I have no other complaints beyond that.

Peace!

Hi SmokeSara,

I thought I'd let you know that I've placed the order for the tent and 900w, thanks for your help and quick responses here.

Can't wait to get them both in and fired up.

Back
Top Bottom