How to Select the Right Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light for Your Specific Gardening Needs

Re: How to Select the Right Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light for Your Specific Gardening Nee

:circle-of-love: Hi you can use 2pcs Reflector144 to cover 4'x4' area. The draw watt of Reflector144 is 310w~320w. In 4'x4' area, you will get about 38w/sqft. For 5'x5' grow space, you can consider about 4pcs MarsII400. The draw watt of 4pcs MarsII400 is about 760w/sqft.:Namaste: ray, for more details, you can send me an email info@mars-hydro.com BTW Happy Christmas!:xmas:
Could you use (2 ) of the mars led light to cover more of a 4×4 area?? If so which watts? What about a 5×5 area, which mars led would cover the area? ? Or which (2) would cover the 5×5 area

Re: How to Select the Right Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light for Your Specific Gardening Nee

hey there. im looking to upgrade my rig and was hoping to get some advice.
im currently running 1 96x3 marshydro reflector.
room size: 2x3 feet. 5 feet height.

the 96x3 just isnt pushing it during flower for my room size. so i must upgrade.
ive got about 200$ to invest
i considered buying another 96x3 (which would actually be the new 96x5), but then noticed, that id much rather, just sell my current 96x3, and instead purchase with all the money together a light for 500$.

whats the best light, for my room size (2x3, by 5' height) for that price range? or assuming i cant sell my 96x3, whats teh best light for 200-300$ budget that i can use together my 96x3?

the draw wattage of my 96x3 is around 180W

LOOKS LIKE MY OPTIONS ARE:
1) buy a 96x5 and run together with my 96x3 (about 63w sq ft together with my 96x3)
2)a mars II 700, and not sell my 96x3, instead run this together with my 96x3 (about 80w sq ft)
3)to sell my 96x3, and buy a PRO 160 epistar (60w sq ft coverage)

OPTION 4 (not really connected to marshydro though)
4)i can keep my 96x3, and buy a 250w HPS to combine with it
that way i get benifits of both the LED and HPS.

is the marshydro pro series just the same idea as the marsII except with the added bells and whistles of humidity guage different lighting modes? im reallly not interested in all those different mode to save a few pennies on wattage uptake. i thought the best was just full spectrum for the whole grow.

am i better off overall, keeping my 96x3 and running together with a marsII 70, or a 96x5. or is the product outcome quality of the pro epistar series so much better, that its worth selling the 96x3, and buying just a pro 160, and having less sq ft coverage than the other two options but a better quality light?????

I plan on getting two mars hydro reflector 144x5 led lights but was wondering if it would it be to much in a 3.28 x 3.28 x 6.5 grow tent for 8 plants.. advice, tips or any info would be great since it will be my first time using LED's.. also want something I can use for veg and flower.. can I get some info ASAP please and thanks

Would the reflector 96x5 be more powerfull then the mars 2 400?? Since they both run thd new 5w diodes? The reflector shows higher lumen count and more leds? I am limited on cash and these two are in my price??

:circle-of-love:Hi Jae, 2pcs Reflector144 will work great in your grow tent. And it's switchable.:high-five:
I plan on getting two mars hydro reflector 144x5 led lights but was wondering if it would it be to much in a 3.28 x 3.28 x 6.5 grow tent for 8 plants.. advice, tips or any info would be great since it will be my first time using LED's.. also want something I can use for veg and flower.. can I get some info ASAP please and thanks

:circle-of-love:Hi Tetralpha, Reflector96 is more powerful than MarsII400 because of more led diodes and cost less than MarsII400. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Would the reflector 96x5 be more powerfull then the mars 2 400?? Since they both run thd new 5w diodes? The reflector shows higher lumen count and more leds? I am limited on cash and these two are in my price??

I would.love to. Make purchase for one when ever is best for you :)! I have question, would i get ratchet hangers with purchase? Or is there any coupon available right now? If not could i promote the light to receive them with order? I am very consistent you will not be disappointed

:circle-of-love:Hi Tetralpha, Reflector96 is more powerful than MarsII400 because of more led diodes and cost less than MarsII400. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Greetings All!

This is my very first post!:thanks:

I want to thank UncleCannabis for the wonderful guide on getting the right wattage and coverage for a growing space. I'd been looking for a guide like that for a while, and it was perfect for me. Thanks! :bravo:

And I want to thank SmokeSara for her hospitality. :love:

I was already leaning towards Mars Hydro, and this thread sealed the deal :)

After much research, Mars Hydro seems the best value in a quality unit. Specifically, I plant to buy 2 of the Reflector 144 for my 4' x 4' closet. Is that as kick-butt a choice as I think it is? Comments, suggestions? :)

Thanks again, and hello again. :Namaste:

:circle-of-love:Hi Happy Jack! Weclome to 420! You will love this friendly community.:Namaste: 2pcs Reflector144 is a great choice for 4'x4' area. They two will draw about 630w, so you will have 39w per sqft, which is quite good!:high-five: Moreover, 2pcs lights will give you better light distribution. :)
Greetings All!

This is my very first post!:thanks:

I want to thank UncleCannabis for the wonderful guide on getting the right wattage and coverage for a growing space. I'd been looking for a guide like that for a while, and it was perfect for me. Thanks! :bravo:

And I want to thank SmokeSara for her hospitality. :love:

I was already leaning towards Mars Hydro, and this thread sealed the deal :)

After much research, Mars Hydro seems the best value in a quality unit. Specifically, I plant to buy 2 of the Reflector 144 for my 4' x 4' closet. Is that as kick-butt a choice as I think it is? Comments, suggestions? :)

Thanks again, and hello again. :Namaste:

Thanks SmokeSara! :green_heart:

I'm a geek, and love researching and gardening, so I researched the heck out of lighting, and chose the 2pcs Reflector144 for just those reasons--40W/sqft and improved light distribution over a single unit, like the Mars II 1600. :cheer:

I'm looking forward to becoming part of the Mars Hydro family, and will be contacting you folks directly to discuss shipping. :)

Thanks for a great product and great information. Wishing all a fine day. :Namaste:

:circle-of-love:Hi Happy Jack! Weclome to 420! You will love this friendly community.:Namaste: 2pcs Reflector144 is a great choice for 4'x4' area. They two will draw about 630w, so you will have 39w per sqft, which is quite good!:high-five: Moreover, 2pcs lights will give you better light distribution. :)

:party:Welcome to join us!You can start a grow journal here when you finish the set-up. I will follow.:cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks SmokeSara! :green_heart:

I'm a geek, and love researching and gardening, so I researched the heck out of lighting, and chose the 2pcs Reflector144 for just those reasons--40W/sqft and improved light distribution over a single unit, like the Mars II 1600. :cheer:

I'm looking forward to becoming part of the Mars Hydro family, and will be contacting you folks directly to discuss shipping. :)

Thanks for a great product and great information. Wishing all a fine day. :Namaste:

:Namaste:thank you for the kind words, 3pcs 144 will do a great job for 4'x4'. Looking forward to your grow.:)
Just talked with Ruby over at Mars Hydro and set up an order for 3 x Reflector 144 for a 4 x 4 tent. Should be good times, you guys were a pleasure to deal with, thanks for everything! 59 watts per square foot ... :thumb:

:Namaste:thank you for the kind words, 3pcs 144 will do a great job for 4'x4'. Looking forward to your grow.:)

Thanks, it will be our first, so i sure there will be some stumbling along the way, thinking of a nice crop of Indica auto. fem. Candy cane to start.

I've had my Mars for almost a year now. I've gotten some great grows from the old style Mars - I can only imagine how much better the newer lights are.

This is a 300w light in a 30x18x30 tent. The tent is on the small side but I've been able to grow two 3 gallon pots in there at a time.

Here is my current Jack Herer:Namaste:

IMG_504213.JPG

I ordered a light from your company almost 2 weeks ago and still no word. I check the status of my shipment and it says " Pending" what's up with that?

I ordered through paypal and they definately took the money but still no word on the merchandise. I seen people giving good reviews on these guys and so far my experience with them has been awful. Customer service sucks

:high-five:you're welcome. You may have some stumbling along the way, but you will have lovely babies.You will enjoy the journey with them:welcome:
Thanks, it will be our first, so i sure there will be some stumbling along the way, thinking of a nice crop of Indica auto. fem. Candy cane to start.

Back
Top Bottom