How would you interpret this?

Canachris

This is the free seed that came with my BB auto. There were 2 seed in this lil baggie, any chance one is a male ? or is that M-34 just a random number assigned to this breed. They just look so different

20230511_063704.jpg

20230511_063311.jpg

20230511_063225.jpg

What’s up Canachris?

5 seeds taken from the same package or removed from a bud will not grow 5 identical plants…. all the seeds are related but will not produce identical copies… this is phenotypes at work

first plant with skinny fingers appears to be sativa leaning hybrid while second one looks to be a fat fingered indica leaning strain.

no idea on male versus female, just grow them out and watch growth at nodes for indications of gender

These were supposed to be all the same strain in one package? If so, why would you get one sativa dominate and one indica dominate. I thought when you buy sativa dominate seeds, they would all be sativa dominate not one sativa and one indica.
Its a 50/50 hybrid its defo one thats going to be pot luck.
And anything hybrid could lean towards indica or sativa.
Seen 70/30 indica have a sativa lady in the pack.
Genetics you want the samething 100% guarantee everytime clones not seeds is the way. ;)

Its a 50/50 hybrid its defo one thats going to be pot luck.
And anything hybrid could learn towords indica or sativa.
Seen 70/30 indica have a sativa lady in the pack.
Genetics you want the samething 100% guarantee everytime clones not seeds is the way. ;)
I learn something new every day.

I guess I was under the impression that seeds from a seed bank would have stable genetics. I can see slight differences but these 2 are so different. Also the offer was for 1 free seed and I got 2 in that lil bag, my brain is very easily confused these days

Well, it does say "fem" on the baggie, so I would expect them to be feminised seeds. Or is that supposed to refer to the "M-34" being the female side of the breeding pair?
I'm going to look up the Humboldt "phenohunter" line, because that makes it sound like they're seeds where they haven't stabilized the phenotype so whoever grows them can run a pheno hunt. Looking for a keeper mother for clones or breeding.

I guess I was under the impression that seeds from a seed bank would have stable genetics.

the genetics are stable, you're getting it confused with phenos.

a pheno is the plant from an individual seed, it will be as different as two children from the same parents. the plant is a particular genetic expression of the parents, it won't be the same twice ever, and there's no such thing as twins in this plant.

at best they will be similar, but they can never be exactly the same expression.

I guess I was under the impression that seeds from a seed bank would have stable genetics. I can see slight differences but these 2 are so different. Also the offer was for 1 free seed and I got 2 in that lil bag, my brain is very easily confused these days
Edit: Bluter above put it better than I did.

even with stable genetics there will be some variance in the plants grown from the same seeds. Each seed is its own unique gene line. Seeds from the same strain will be more likely to express certain characteristics associated with that strain. But youre still playing the gene lottery. Buying higher end genetics increases the odds that if you dont get a super rare amazing pheno, you're still likely to grow some satisfying buds.

you could select a strain known for nearly completely purple flowers, pop 20 seeds and end up with 2 or 3 of them neing not entirely purple, one might express a recessive gene for green flower.

I've been looking and it seems to be specific to NASC.
Some people think they're testers, and others think they're crosses that Humboldt decided not to continue with or were made by NASC from Humboldt seeds.

Back
Top Bottom