Blueberry information

Spitz

I’ve dug through the forum on the “Blueberry“ topic. The more research I do, the more confused I get. I’m not necessarily chasing that BB taste/buzz from 1979. Hell... I wouldn’t even know if I found it. That said, I’m a sucker for the classics. I’ve heard some great things about the BB crosses and continuing great reviews of a cultivar that’s been around for 40+ years.

DJ is the father is about the one thing I do know. After reading some more, I’m understanding that it hasn’t been the same since 98 and rumors continue to circulate. DJ on a potcast states that there was more variation in his stock pre 98 as it was finalized in that time. He states his breeding pair has been consistent since then (why would he lie). Makes sense you could find some differences prior as the final parents should have stabilized the offspring even more. gets me to thinking....

He discovered the original BB while at Dutch Passion. Its not real clear if he took seeds and/or breeding stock with him. Makes you wonder if DP has a more “original“ version? I guess those secrets are his privilege.

So what do I do? I order a pack of 5 pack Fem of Dutch Passion BB. In the meantime, my curiosity keeps me reading and I convince myself I need DJs line (stupid forums) and I order a 13 pack of regs. I’m going to be growing BB until I’m well... ”blue in the face”. I don’t have the area, legal plant limit, ability, or desire to crack 18 seeds at a time... then clone, flower, toss males, etc....

All this from the hope of replicating a clone that made this lady famous. Makes me laugh at my own mind. In my research I read “I’ve got the true cut” at least 100 times. I‘m sure 100% believe they have the original. I bet closer to 5% actually do. I love this game.

share your thoughts on all things BB.
peace peeps

I've ran BB F4's from old world genetics, DJ. I've also grown his sons gear couple times. JD short's gear is Second generation genetics. All SGG strains are crosses of dads BB, well almost all of his strains.
DJ's BB was really good smoke. But not super potent, imo. Good quality but kinda lacking a little bit.
His sons strains are more up to modern potency. I actually have some BB x GG 4 seedlings going right now from SGG. They are looking funky but I'm expecting them to be solid as the others I've grown from them

Mine didn't get real big as life was all whacky for summer and fall last year, also grew in my cabinet full cycle just to see what it would do with different light so also why it was small.

A DJ short Blueberry (one on left in pic with two, the other a Dairy Queen):

It's in jars curing at the moment, will try and post some pics next day or two, haven't weighed it yet but it less than one jar so 1/2-3/4 oz probably.

@Dwight Monk Thanks for the pic. Looks like clone structure To me, but was it clone or seed? Can’t wait to hear about smells and flavors.

It was from seed, popped two but one was a Male. I haven't tried it yet, it's only been in jars little less than two weeks.

dont upset a blueberry , they like to hermie , its the only hermie i ever got , :goodluck:
Seen one just now on the board and it looks seeded ,

here

@NuttyProfessor that seems to be part of the challenge with the strain. Buddy from that link definitely has some seed pods In there. Hopefully he/she isn’t too upset when they finally overcome denial. Add stability to smell, taste, potency as criteria targets and you now need to crack 50 beans to find a keeper instead of 5. The rule of squares is a bitch! I will have a cut of BB some day. It may take 20 years of seeds to get lucky. If I ever come across a clone, I won’t lose sleep for not putting in the work. I’ve grown a handful already with ok results. It’s never been bad smoke, just not what I’m hoping to find.

The very 1st plant I ever grew was an autoberry. It hooked me on both growing and Blueberry. It had unbelievable smell, effect, and bag appeal. Its also the reason I’m scared of autos. It kills me I couldn’t clone or reveg that plant (not that either of those tools were in my toolshed at the time). I clone all my photo plants. Only a couple have made it to 2nd runs and only 1has gone 7 or 8 generations. I’ll crack a couple beans soon and start the grind.

The hunt is on! Turns out one of my orders coincidentally came with 3 free Blueberry seeds. The other tossed in 4 regs from son JD. I assume they’re identical to DJs? I dropped my lone preorder Dutch Passion seed a short while ago too. I’ll have 1 or 2 or 5 going until I run them all. I’ll keep 1 or 2 keepers in veg while perpetually cloning and discarding as the role through. I‘ll run Seeds in coco. I’ll run clones in DWC, Ebb Flow, or Coco. Anything that catches my eye will get a run in organic soil. Anything that passes those tests will make a run in LOS and be experimented on with temps, lights, etc.. It is after all, a hobby, right?? That’s 25 seeds and 1 started plant. Here’s a pic of DPBB1.

2574512F-0032-4A60-AA31-FA4973C16979.jpeg

AF9CD5E9-0B52-4433-A56C-C8E2D258C4EB.jpeg

The hunt is on! Turns out one of my orders coincidentally came with 3 free Blueberry seeds. The other tossed in 4 regs from son JD. I assume they’re identical to DJs? I dropped my lone preorder Dutch Passion seed a short while ago too. I’ll have 1 or 2 or 5 going until I run them all. I’ll keep 1 or 2 keepers in veg while perpetually cloning and discarding as the role through. I‘ll run Seeds in coco. I’ll run clones in DWC, Ebb Flow, or Coco. Anything that catches my eye will get a run in organic soil. Anything that passes those tests will make a run in LOS and be experimented on with temps, lights, etc.. It is after all, a hobby, right?? That’s 25 seeds and 1 started plant. Here’s a pic of DPBB1.

2574512F-0032-4A60-AA31-FA4973C16979.jpeg

AF9CD5E9-0B52-4433-A56C-C8E2D258C4EB.jpeg
Nice! I'm sure the one's from JD are legit from DJ's stable.
I've ran father's genetics and son's genetics. I had better luck with JD's strains.
I had 4 of JD's BB x GG 4 seeds in veg. I'm now down to just one. Others were all male's
Just part of the game

Back
Top Bottom