Howdy: Advice on Sprout, Veg & Bloom with LED grow light

TheBlonde

420 Member
Hi All - long time weed geek and first time (intentional) grower. Looking forward to getting off the ground, in more ways than one.

I built out my grow tent with a Roleadro 1000W LED Grow light from Amazon. I intend to sprout in jiffy pellets in station and plant in soil. Do I need to use a different, gentler or whiter grow light on seedlings, or can I just back this one off to 3-4 feet away. I see many people use T5 units and then change out, does this make a big difference?

I appreciate any help on the matter!

Welcome @TheBlonde You can back that off 24"-36" and sprout under it, just watch for stretch, you'd rather the seedling stay short than all lanky, but you don't want to overpower it either. Hold your hand palm down over the plant top and feel the heat, if it seems too warm to you, jack'er up a bit.

That a fine light for start to finish, but be aware you aren't going to be able to stuff a bunch of plants under it, as they get bigger you will need more. THat light is probably good to give you a happy yield off 1 plant. CHeers and gl! :yahoo:

Ho, im also at my First esperience
I germinated in jiffy pellets and all of the 8 seeds i planted are doing good...Guess i'll Stick to this germinate method.
I suggest to plant the seed in the correct position.
I did put one seed upside down and its the only one having problems..
The last 3 seeds i put in the correct position and they were faster to sprout

Thanks all - I popped some expensive seeds a few weeks ago and got the seeds to shoot roots, but they all died in the seedling tray/soil I had - I think too much water and fungus gnats so none of them broke soil after planting. Hoping for less disturbance popping them in the pellets to pop and start sprouting.

really appreciate the replies and help - seems like a great community here.

Welcome @TheBlonde You can back that off 24"-36" and sprout under it, just watch for stretch, you'd rather the seedling stay short than all lanky, but you don't want to overpower it either. Hold your hand palm down over the plant top and feel the heat, if it seems too warm to you, jack'er up a bit.

That a fine light for start to finish, but be aware you aren't going to be able to stuff a bunch of plants under it, as they get bigger you will need more. THat light is probably good to give you a happy yield off 1 plant. CHeers and gl! :yahoo:

Much Appreciated! I have 2x4 Mylar tent, and a couple of seed options - was thinking to play options and grow 4x 70 day auto flower plants, with the intent 2 (maybe 3) make it to harvest. Was going to top 2X of them as early as possible and leave the others alone as safety nets. let them veg a few weeks then pull out the losers for flower.

Based on your thoughts of one good plant - what do you think about targeting two small yields to be just as likely to succeed with the light / space?

Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom