Hydroponic Grow Room

Thanks for all the possitive feed back. I have spent alot of time putting this thing together every night.
I have a fan which will pull air through 6" ducts through each of the 3 lights and vent up my chimney to eliminate any heat probs. I also have an ionizer that should virtually eliminate all odor according to the hydroponic salesman. :biggrin: He said I wouldnt even need a charcoal filter. We'll see. I'll have about 3 1/2 feet from the top of my pots to the lights. I'm guessing 2 - 3 week veg max? :hmmmm:
Do you guys have any suggestions on how far apart my pots should be? :hmmmm:
I'm picking up a utility sink and dehumidifier tonight. I have never plumbed before, wish me luck! :grinjoint:

And I will keep a detailed grow journal with pics throughout the grow.

Wow sounds like your set vent and scent wise. Yeah probably flower around week 3 but it depends on how fast they develop. Space between the pots? None, untill they are larger, and by then the simple removing of the males will most likely give you all the room you will need. You can't really predict how wide the plants are going to get because that depends on so many different factors. You'll just find yourself adjusting it thoughout. And good luck with the plumbing and don't forget the white plastic tarp.

Yeah, that will work with either the Mylar or Tyvek. I'd go with the Tyvek because Mylar is not real good to have on the floor because it will become extremely creased and wrinkled and lose its efficacy.

Those solutions for getting females do help a little but most likely you will still get a few males. Only way to avoid that completely is feminized seeds or clones. Either one, while you can't get any males, you could end up with hermaphrodites, just as bad in an enclosed area with other plants. One hermi could pollinate your entire room full of plants leaving you with nasty seeded bud. That can be caused by PH, light leaks during the dark period, or for no appearant reason at all. lol Just keep an eye out for any male flowers no matter how you start the plants off.

I've grown once before in dirt. started with 3 seeds and got 3 females. Lucky as hell I know. But my point is that I have never seen a male plant in person. I've seen pictures of males. I have an idea on what they look like. But I just dont wanna take a chance. I will be taking detailed pictures of all the plants and posting them hoping that some of the experts that follow this thread can tell me if I actually have a male. At what aproximate age should I be able to determine if it's a male or not? would it be after veg and into the flowering cycle? :hmmmm:

Ok, the flowering room is all but done. I have to plumb in the utility sink. I have never done plumbing before :biggrin: I think this part is gonna take me the longest :jerkit: Anyway, I have a few pics and a short movie clip of the flowering room to date.

Here's the climate controller. I plan to use this to turn on and off my ventilation fan. I hope to use the lights as heat for the room controlled by the thermostat.

growroom0251.jpg

Here are the ionizer to eliminate any smell and the timer that controls the lights. If you look between them you'll see small ropes running down the wall. These are used to lower and raise the lights individually.

growroom0261.jpg

Here obviously is the utility sink. God I dont wanna plumb that thing

growroom0271.jpg

there's my nutes and my 55 gallon holding tank

growroom0281.jpg

Here are the lights with the ventilation finally hooked up

growroom0291.jpg

Here is my dehumidifier and the vent

growroom0301.jpg

The ballasts

growroom0321.jpg

looking very nice man very nice, one question though why mylar the roof? anyhow its a tight room, and I'm sure you'll get a lot of beautiful plants out of that space. Happy growing man! :tommy:

lol, P I knew someone was gonna ask me that, after I did it I was like wtf? :hmmmm: but its ok, I got it for free. I bought alot of stuff at one time at the hydro store, he threw in a 100 feet of mylar among other things

Dirt, I was hoping to start next weekend, but the more I think about it I'm prolly gonna end up starting the middle of next week.

thanks for keeping an eye on me guys. I'm startin to get nervous the closer it comes to crunch time. Nervous, but excited as hell! :allgood:

lol I was wondering because I know it's not really really cheap and you got yourself a really nice size room. Keep up the great work and in no time your room will be full of beautiful buds.

lol about the door knob but man is that a aeseome grow room i just wish i could use that much space to grow i use a damn closet ..lol but keep up the good work glad to see the progress on the grow room and cant wait to see the plants growin into laides :allgood:

Ps wow i just looked at the picture of where the door handle is a LMFAO that close to the ground :goof:

damn man thats what i want to have when i get my own place. nice room and cant wait to see what happens.

:smokin:

Hell yeah growin240. It's an adventure. You'll be able to do it soon enough

I got the system together :allgood: It runs great. I'm really gettin excited now.

growroom0341.jpg

growroom0351.jpg

growroom0361.jpg

growroom0381.jpg

12 pots came with the system I'm gonna pick up 6 more hopefully this week. I ordered them through a store. the system can accomidate 48 pots. But I dont have enough room for all those, I can do maybe 30 comfortably. We'll see how my first grow goes first :grinjoint:

I thought you were only going to do like 10 but hey 30 is even better. lookin great tho man. i cant wait until there is a full room of plants man.

Grow On man :smokin:

I recommend this book. Amazon: Marijuana Grower's Insider's Guide: Mel Frank The most complete and detailed book I've found on the subject and they have details for grows large and small, indoor and out. One of my favorite resources.

1667514352745.png

Yeah nice grow room. I plan on building one when I buy a house. For now my pvc and poly tent and cabinet have got to do. I always like to stay away from mylar. It is hard to clean, tears easy, and it can cause hotspots. I use black and white poly. I use it because the white side reflects 98% of light. The black side keeps out all light. It is also easy to clean and is very durable. Black and white poly will not cause hotspots like mylar. Also black and white poly are good touse on walls and floors so you dont mold up.

Oh and I see we have the same dehumidfier.

Back
Top Bottom