Hydroponic Grow Room

I'm not sure exactly, I would have to check all the receipts. But the whole project so far has cost around $5000 give or take. It actually started to get away from me a little bit. Wasn't expecting it to be that high. But I've learned that hydropnics is an expensive hobby! :grinjoint: . Well, it is when you buy elabrate setups like I did. I'm guessing the actuall hydro equipment cost around 3000 give or take.

smokey, I thought mylar was the best material you could possibly use :hmmmm: I read that it actually doesnt cause hot spots like say aluminum foil. I am an amateur with this, so maybe your right, hopefully not though! :biggrin:. As for cleaning it, I already see your point there. Everything sticks to mylar. I can already see some dust on the walls. If it presents a prob, maybe I'll just tyvek everthing in the future. We'll see.

I probally should order a book or 2. I have an idea on what I'm doing, but I have never done hydro before. Thank god for these forums, I have pretty much learned everything from here.

Yeah just try to keep the dents out. Mylar should be fine. It is by far the most efficient. Hydro is very nice. Alittle weird and it takes a bit of work. As a hobby it is great.

Yeah mylar when it is perfectly smooth doesn't create hot spots but when it gets creases and wrinkles in it it can. And that is not a bad price for the whole room setup you have I'd spend that in a second for that room.

thanks for all the compliments, much appreciated. As for the creases and dents issue in the mylar... the whole thing, EVERY INCH, is creased or dented. lol, should I seriously be worried about hot spots? If so, I would have to redo all of it. Even so, unless someone says I will definately have a serious prob, I'm gonna keep it the way it is and see what happens. Worse comes to worse, I'll tyvek over everything after the first grow if I see a problem.

As for the seeds. I may go with 3 strains. White Widow - Northern Lights - and maybe blueberry.

What is the thc content in white widow - Northern lights and afgani. I'm really liking the yield on afgani, but if the quality isnt there then I dont want it :biggrin: Also, I cant seem to find any feminized afgani seeds. I know there are ways to increase your chances for females, but its only 65% at best, Feminised seeds are 99%. I dont wanna have 6 white widows feminized 6 northern lights feminized and some afgani going at the same time. I think I would shit a brick if a male afgani slipped by and pollinated my crop. What to do .... what to do :hmmmm:

true true, and trust me I will be watching everyday. I just dont wanna miss something. you know what, sometimes u just gotta say fuck it. It's gonna be 6 white widow - 6 northern lights and 6 afgani.
I do believe my room will be done tonight. It's gonna take maybe 2 weeks to get the 6 extra pots in, But I wont need them now anyway. I'm just gonna veg in this

RainForest-3181.jpg

Just assembled the rainforest :goof: . The sink is done :allgood: Waiting on word from the dealer on my extra 6 pots for the flowering room. I have to pick up 1 more 400 watt MH light for the veg room. But basically the room is just about done. I still have to order the seeds. Everytime I go on the internet to order them I find some different strain that I may wanna grow. There so many to choose from :biggrin: I wanna order all the seeds from the same place. Trying to find Feminized white widow, feminized northern lights and reg afghani. It's hard to find all 3 at one site. feminized afghani would be even better. Maybe some of you guys can help me find a site that has all 3.

Here are a few updated pics of the room.

The Sink all DONE!

growroom0431.jpg

The Rainforest 318

growroom0421.jpg

growroom0411.jpg

growroom0401.jpg

STIX
Your setup is perfection
it's a thing of beauty
that doorknob makes me giggle everytime
I have never grown at all so I'm very thankful for these journals.
my dream is to 1 day own my own home and have a setup just like urs in my basement
may your plants be tall and potent and the yeild be massive

thanks for the kind words iso. I'm trying my best to do it right the first time.

Dahui, It looks like PPP would grow a bit to tall? its mostly sativa, says it will grow 57 inches. I only have 36 inch actuall height for the plant, 40 at the most. I guess I could just veg for a week then go straight to flower?

should be soon now blacturboteg420, Hopefully I have a very productive first grow :smokin:

I will definately be ordering the seeds Sunday. My room is ready for them. I can't wait any longer :grinjoint: If you have any strains you wanna recommend P-420, I would appreciate it. Keep in mind, I want great quality, big yield , short plant and feminized. I'm definately going with white widow. I would like to grow 3 strains. Northern lights would be nice too.

stix said:
should be soon now blacturboteg420, Hopefully I have a very productive first grow :smokin:

I just noticed that the website that I've been looking at that dahui gave me has one problem. They do not ship to the US :jerkit: So now I'm back to square 1. I will definately be ordering the seeds Sunday. My room is ready for them. I can't wait any longer :grinjoint: If you have any seed sites you wanna recommend P-420 as well as strains, I would appreciate it. Keep in mind, I want great quality, big yield , short plant and feminized. I'm definately going with white widow. I would like to grow 3 strains. Northern lights would be nice too. I am trying to stay with 1 website for all 3 strains to limit risk. I have to have the seeds sent to me directly unfortunately.

dope-seeds.com that's all i got to say. got here in about a week. got white widow and cali orange

Back
Top Bottom