I accidentally left my lights on all night during 12/12: worried

GrowGrowGrow

I setup my grow at my new cabin yesterday and somehow I accidently flipped the switch on my timer moving it from Timer Mode to Outlet Mode. Doing so caused my lights to stay on all night last night.

Has anyone else done this without turning the plants into hermies?
I'm really worried that I just fucked up my grow.

Any advice is appreciated.

Re: oh shit, I accidently left my lights on ALL NIGHT during 12/12...worried

No worries, if you keep doing it you will have a problem... They will be fine.... Smoke a fatty, go in an apologize to them and it will all be good...

PHEW!

Thank you very much for the reply BI!

I'm glad I got a response from someone as credible as you instead of some random person posting for the 3rd time.

I apologized many times already, maybe I'll prepare a nice foliar spray called Natures Diamonds, it's supposed to be an organic foliar spray that increases sure production in flowering plants. It recommends using it once a week for the first 7 weeks of flowering.

thanks again for the reply!

Yep - that shouldn't be a problem - from experience, giving 24hr of dark is a bit more of a problem. You didn't mention how far into your 12/12 cycle you are - if you've just flipped, it's not a problem at all (some growers even purposely do a 24-36 hr period of dark before switching from veg to flower) - if they've been on 12/12 for more than a few days then that's different, but still no biggie if it was just one day.

Cheers! :peace:

It takes a lot of light stress to provoke female plants into hermie plants. You should be ok. If you experience slow growth don't worry, they just confused a bit and should recover back to normal grow in a week.

No worries, if you keep doing it you will have a problem... They will be fine.... Smoke a fatty, go in an apologize to them and it will all be good...

Would you suggest The lights be turned off for a few hours if we accidentally left em off all night? Or just power through all day till next night cycle? Thanks. :)

You should just go back to the original time they were waking up and going into darkness. 12/12. Ive had grows pollinate from a single hermie. Keep an eye on them. I dont use female seeds anymore after that happened. You should be fine if only a day. A severe thunderstorm caused the power to go off and on a few times during the power restoration. I was so bummed out. Nothing but seeds that are hermie.

Thanks everyone!!!! I just did the same shit!!!! Omg I was so worried!!! I’m week 7 flower and left the light on last night for 12 whole hours!!! All my questions and concerns were answered and chilled out, thanks to y’all :snowboating: :passitleft:

Curious as to how they turned out??? I just did the same , except wasn't lights on the whole 12/12, I caught it was only extra 4 hours of light , but this is now the 3rd time this has happened , my original 12/12 time was 7:30 p.m. Wake 7:30 a.m ,,,,, now after a few screw ups over lighting past 12 hours , I am at 12:30 a.m. sleep , wake 12:30 p.m. , watching closely so far not Hermie's , let me know your outcome TY

Bump. Came home to lights still on they were supposed to be off. Far as I can tell the lights never went off at 7am. I got home about 4:30pm. Timer failed. Put on a good one. Fingers crossed

they'll be ok. what was up with the timer and what type are you using ?

they'll be ok. what was up with the timer and what type are you using ?
It just failed on. I reset times and cycled thru the on/auto/off mode and no matter what the light stayed on if the timer was plugged. It was this piece of crap that I bought at a hydro store a little over a month ago
6827F20F-F1F7-4938-B26A-4281852AC216.jpeg

Notice the off or on icon part of the cycle isn’t lit

it isn't supposed to be unless you are manually running the light like an on / off switch.

that timer is set up for a 7 day wk with multiple on off events per day if you want. if you are running the same schedule day in day out, you have to set the timer up so it repeats for each day, otherwise you are only setting it for one day of the wk.

i have a number of those types of timers.

does that timer have a 2-prong or 3-prong plug in to the wall ? never use 2-prong.

it isn't supposed to be unless you are manually running the light like an on / off switch.

that timer is set up for a 7 day wk with multiple on off events per day if you want. if you are running the same schedule day in day out, you have to set the timer up so it repeats for each day, otherwise you are only setting it for one day of the wk.

i have a number of those types of timers.

does that timer have a 2-prong or 3-prong plug in to the wall ? never use 2-prong.
Whatever function it’s on it’s supposed to be illuminated regardless. If the lights are on the auto and on icons should be illuminated if the lights are off the auto and off should be illuminated, this is if you set a schedule.
44736CB6-92DC-43CE-ABB6-09FECE8FBC0C.jpeg

This is how timers are supposed to function

Whatever function it’s on it’s supposed to be illuminated regardless. If the lights are on the auto and on icons should be illuminated if the lights are off the auto and off should be illuminated, this is if you set a schedule.
44736CB6-92DC-43CE-ABB6-09FECE8FBC0C.jpeg

This is how timers are supposed to function

you're showing two different timers, they set up different. the top timer is on auto schedule and looks to be waiting for the day of the wk it is supposed to run. when it hits that day you'll get the on / off icon if it uses them. some don't indicate in auto mode.

i've had the exact same thing happen to me when i re-programmed.

edit : if the switch itself blew it won't work in any mode. if the light runs when in the on position the timer should be good, and it'll be a program problem.

It just failed on. I reset times and cycled thru the on/auto/off mode and no matter what the light stayed on if the timer was plugged. It was this piece of crap that I bought at a hydro store a little over a month ago
6827F20F-F1F7-4938-B26A-4281852AC216.jpeg
I hate those electronic timers. I've done the same thing with them but no herm

I hate those electronic timers. I've done the same thing with them but no herm

i'd never use one with hid light. i've used them for ages with led. they can fail, but i've had mechanical timers fail in spectacular fashion too.

edit : the digital ones are just too easy to buy. they're at all the big box hardware stores. racks of the things. if you wanna save some cash buy them there. they usually sort them by grade, so be careful to avoid the lighter ones.

Back
Top Bottom