I can't find this issue anywhere - coco grow and yellow spotting

Ok no worries - I've seen Kill-a-mite which is designed specifically for mites and thrips:

I'll post an update next week as I have seen this issue raised many times with other growers, with almost no results.

Foliar only really burn if it has salts in it. You're fine spraying humic/kelp mix as foliar with lights on but might see burns with stronger and certain nutrient formulas.

Runoff which is often pretty high in EC for some might cause the burns you see if you hold the pot up while watering/feeding.

This is from personal experience. Hope that helps!

Cheers!

I'll post an update next week as I have seen this issue raised many times with other growers, with almost no results.

it's easier with photos. you can just extend veg long enough to deal with it. it's a lot harder with autos.

once in flower there is not much you can do without poisoning yourself when you smoke it.

about the only thing you can do is hang on and hope they make it. then do a bud wash at harvest, strain the mites out, and / or live with microscopic rice crispies- snap -crackle - pop.

it's not so bad. we smoked all the mites from the 50s thru 80s imported weed happily lol

I thought I'd give a quick update over the past twelve hours, the condition is much more obvious now. One photo of each plant. As you can tell, the lower leaves are in much worst condition than the top.
p22.png
p11.png

p33.png

I did drop the CalMag to 0.25ml (1/4 dose) in case it was too high a few days ago - it didn't seem to help. At this point I've been testing a variety of protocols to see which is causing the issue.
Most of the time any improvements will not be seen on already existing damaged leaves. More often than not what is there will not get better. It takes looking at new leaves and if whatever was tried is starting the work the problem will not show up. Damaged leaves stay damaged except in a few rare cases.

I took a couple of leaves and photos to my local hydro store. The guy there checked out the cut leaves with a microscope and found no evidence of eggs or insects. He recommended double checking for any flies (I've found none), but said the leaves look a lot like a fungal infection. I bought some fungicide and sprayed it tonight. I'll keep you posted.

Final update for anyone who has this issue in future (I've read a lot of threads with no answer). I sprayed the fungus spray last night, and the issue hasn't progressed :D

It was spreading very quickly over the past two days, but this morning I found no new spots or spreads. Thanks everyone for the advice.

add some fans for circulation in there if you haven't got any. a couple little 6 inchers are usually enough. molds and fungus have a much harder time taking hold when there is air movement.

Fungus eh? Didn't expect that one

Hmph. Well dont wanna hijack your thread. So I apologize 😐

I've noticed a similar issue over the past few days. Ain't never had me mites before. That I knew of anyways. But I have been watching and scoping. I noticed a bit of leaf damage. Certainly looks like cal/mg issue. Thought for sure cause I'm using an all in one formula now. Tps ultra. But I have noticed a few lower crispy leaves. Some weird discoloration. I got out the digital scope and didn't see any webbing,etc I will get out the loupe tonight. Dag nabbit.

2024_02_25_13_23_09_995.png

2024_02_25_13_23_29_797.png

20240225_123555.jpg

20240225_123607.jpg

20240225_111512.jpg

Fungus eh? Didn't expect that one

Hmph. Well dont wanna hijack your thread. So I apologize 😐

I've noticed a similar issue over the past few days. Ain't never had me mites before. That I knew of anyways. But I have been watching and scoping. I noticed a bit of leaf damage. Certainly looks like cal/mg issue. Thought for sure cause I'm using an all in one formula now. Tps ultra. But I have noticed a few lower crispy leaves. Some weird discoloration. I got out the digital scope and didn't see any webbing,etc I will get out the loupe tonight. Dag nabbit.

2024_02_25_13_23_09_995.png

2024_02_25_13_23_29_797.png

20240225_123555.jpg

20240225_123607.jpg

20240225_111512.jpg
If it's not bugs then you have a nutritional issue. :Namaste:
How does the rest of her look?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

@Bill284 Busted the manual scope out this morning. Went through dozen or so leaves. No critters. A flick of dirt , was enough to keep me going for a bit. But didn't find anything. Just a random leaf here and there. My soil might be a tad dog off. So I picked up a few items today. So definitely think nutritional. Foliar sprayed. Will feed heavier. The all in one nutrients is new to me. Usually I'm a dab a this squirt of that. Trying to simplify the garden.

@Bill284 Busted the manual scope out this morning. Went through dozen or so leaves. No critters. A flick of dirt , was enough to keep me going for a bit. But didn't find anything. Just a random leaf here and there. My soil might be a tad dog off. So I picked up a few items today. So definitely think nutritional. Foliar sprayed. Will feed heavier. The all in one nutrients is new to me. Usually I'm a dab a this squirt of that. Trying to simplify the garden.
Sounds good buddy :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom