I don't know what to do, any suggestions?

hey Yo my new friends. Am thinkn bout going ahead and pull trigger for a higher end ph pen. (as haven't mixed nutes or ph up/down enough times to know off hand.)
Whats the.. (well best is subjective) but most used and trusted PH Pen?
three im thinking on:
Blueslab ph pen $120
Apera Instruments AI209 $49
AC infinity (most thinkn on as my setup is AC I.) $80.. or might do $150 for pro 4in1 tester

there are a hundreds of threads on this. just do a search. i personally use apera 60 series ec and ph meters.

top brands to look for are blue lab, hanna, h/m, and apera. they all build professional lab quality level meters. make sure you get a higher end model with probe ends that are removable, the ph meter bulbs can break and it's far cheaper to replace the end than the whole probe.

stay away from the all-in-one ec+ph probes. the ends are triple the price if you break the ph bulb. it's only ever the ph bulb that breaks. get a separate dedicated ph, and a dedicated ec meter.

apera will often come with it's own storage case and accessories which is super nice.

full

hey Yo my new friends. Am thinkn bout going ahead and pull trigger for a higher end ph pen. (as haven't mixed nutes or ph up/down enough times to know off hand.)
Whats the.. (well best is subjective) but most used and trusted PH Pen?
three im thinking on:
Blueslab ph pen $120
Apera Instruments AI209 $49
AC infinity (most thinkn on as my setup is AC I.) $80.. or might do $150 for pro 4in1 tester
I'm a HM fanboy after using many different brands. It's the only one that has survived going dry for years and after sitting in some vinegar solution was good as new. If you leave a Bluelabs pen like that they're toast.

There's many different good brands but HM pH-200 is dirt cheap and reliable.
71osrMF46kL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Stay away from the combo EC/pH meters. They are way more expensive and break faster than the traditional with separate heads.

Cheers!

thx for advice. after reading n looking at ones mentioned, went ahead and got the AC infinity one.
not tht i wasnt using yalls feedback, (I did actually) as makes since NOT to get the all in one pen.
looked at other ones mentioned, n Since the AC Infinity ph pen has Replaceable senor, thght b good choice to have tht option for not much more $$ than other mentioned brands thx yo

yo all,...so my nugs are starting to finish up, though the damn Nute deficiency (or/also over/under watered) brown spots are making em not so pretty. i think if i can keep it happy another 1-2wks it'll be good bud to harvest..atleast some (the top being the worst spotted)...
... idk what ya think?.. wld ya smoke? ..i may have to trimm allot off the nugs to get those brown spotted leaves off, though some are heavily tricomed..and part of the colas.....hoping doesn't get any worse🤞

VideoCapture_20240324-231229.jpg

VideoCapture_20240324-231346.jpg

VideoCapture_20240324-231405.jpg

VideoCapture_20240324-231434.jpg

VideoCapture_20240324-231428.jpg

Those buds are quite a bit more than 2 weeks from done imo. Are you adding your cal-mag to the water first (before anything else) and letting it sit before adding the nutes?
i am... today shes at 60days..i know shes has more time than tht...rated 70-75 seeed-harvest as a auto,
thgh the tricomes/pistols tell yh when done...i just dont know if she'll make it another 3wks, i think i stopped the damage, but the sugar leaves are so bad, idk if shes able to go the distance. i mean , yh im not gonna harvest early if shes hanging in there, but just thinkn,if need to havest early to save the buds, some the bud will be good

update: so its bn a struggle, but i have limped to the finish line. i wasnt able to get the suspected Calcium and or Mag. Deficiencies fixed. So the brown spots and leaf die got much worse..... and upon harvest, (As can anytime now) i will loose much nug size to aggressive trimming of those tiny sugar leaves incrusted in tricomes that become part of yr buds as most are brown spotted and need removed
I was for a time thinking it was a disease or fungus, but with looking under microscope, and rubbing leaves with fingerers, i dont see any growth on the leaves or smears when rub them..so just dead spots from the deficiency looks to be.

still trying to go another week as the side limbs and some lower nugs still need to ripen. the top colas are ripe but getting worse by the day with spotting/dying of the tiny sugar leaves

im all for doing a pre-harvest flush, but with a already severe deficiency not sure i shld... especially if tryn to go another week...
i did run 2 gallons distilled water with some cal/mag in it though her today, to do a pre harvest clean out.. got runoff down to 1.2 ec, 678ppm...

SO SHLD I CARE ABOUT PPM AND EC RUNOFF READINGS?? IN SOIL (HF and FFOF) maybe not during grow but useful info when flushing?

flush again, or just harvest???,..as shes already badly stressed and within days of ready to chop. maybe flushing anymore will MAKE SPOTTING and LEAF DIE EVEN WORSE as can and has gotten worse in just a day.. if go a lil longer b4 chop..ive read not to flush a already stressed plant unless thats what it takes to fix issues..(but its to far in severity and to late in flower cycle to fix my plants issues, just trying to keep from gettn worse
I want to do a pre-harvest cleanout flush..but worried it might ruin buds as shes been starving of at least some nutes and maybe going another week stripping whats left in soil might ruin buds completely?
very much a flip a coin decision on try this or that here at the end hoping i pick right

plant isn't pretty, down right ugly with the brown/dead spots, but an aggressive bud trim and i think i can salvage some of this...

many questions here, but any input wld be apricated. ive learned but still need some teaching.

Grow_live_1712198406636.jpg

Grow_live_1712033564228.jpg

I'm no expert on this, but reading what you've gone though so far, if it were me I'd probably take the money and run now.

Maybe you could just chop those affected top colas, and stop them getting any worse, see if the plant re-focuses on the lower bud sights?

I'm no expert on this, but reading what you've gone though so far, if it were me I'd probably take the money and run now.

Maybe you could just chop those affected top colas, and stop them getting any worse, see if the plant re-focuses on the lower bud sights?
yh, as said thts a thght...to take top colas now, leave sides n lower ones...just the issue is not havn space where can properly dry those somewhere else..n i havnt heard of anybody harvesting just some bud sites and letting others go longer..

there’s a time and place for flushing 1) if you have nute lockout… 2) if you are running Fox Farm nutrient package and want to follow their feed / flush instructions.

A big portion of those nutes are chemically bonded to the grow media, they literally can not be washed out… however a small part of those nutes can be washed out by flushing. But here’s the thing…. a plant takes up what a plant takes up and washing your grow media does not remove nutrients from your plant or remove nutes from your buds or improve the taste of your nugs.

Scientific testing shows there is zero difference between flushed and un-flushed buds. So if it’s a pain in the arse to accomplish (flushing 3X volume of media) and there’s no real benefit to be had… then what’s the point??

Here’s the link >>>> Flushing at InTheShed turns out the original Manix Botanix document has be removed but we’ve batted this same conversation around many many times.

Piss poor comparison but… Lets say you use hair gel often but then one day a bird craps on your head. When you get home…. Do you shampoo your hair? or Do you wash your feet?

Your plant looks great, it will finish just fine, she could run for many more weeks still…. it’s no skin off her back. She has the capacity to sit right here and continue flowering - because it’s just a stall strategy anyways. She’s hoping and waiting for some late pollen to come along and rock her world. And if it does come along she still has the time and strength to make seeds to carry on survival of the species.

Yes partial harvest is a thing… take uppers and give lowers more time to ripen… Flush if it makes you feel better but I’d feed until the end

there’s a time and place for flushing 1) if you have nute lockout… 2) if you are running Fox Farm nutrient package and want to follow their feed / flush instructions.

A big portion of those nutes are chemically bonded to the grow media, they literally can not be washed out… however a small part of those nutes can be washed out by flushing. But here’s the thing…. a plant takes up what a plant takes up and washing your grow media does not remove nutrients from your plant or remove nutes from your buds or improve the taste of your nugs.

Scientific testing shows there is zero difference between flushed and un-flushed buds. So if it’s a pain in the arse to accomplish (flushing 3X volume of media) and there’s no real benefit to be had… then what’s the point??

Here’s the link >>>> Flushing at InTheShed turns out the original Manix Botanix document has be removed but we’ve batted this same conversation around many many times.

Piss poor comparison but… Lets say you use hair gel often but then one day a bird craps on your head. When you get home…. Do you shampoo your hair? or Do you wash your feet?

Your plant looks great, it will finish just fine, she could run for many more weeks still…. it’s no skin off her back. She has the capacity to sit right here and continue flowering - because it’s just a stall strategy anyways. She’s hoping and waiting for some late pollen to come along and rock her world. And if it does come along she still has the time and strength to make seeds to carry on survival of the species.

Yes partial harvest is a thing… take uppers and give lowers more time to ripen… Flush if it makes you feel better but I’d feed until the end
nice some up..yh i read for and against flushing...thx for yr opinion..i like to hear a simple answer, but yh know others completely disagree, i guess i just need to decide my opinion...i think both arguments for and against flushing plants have merit...but yeah, i never heard of flushing plants, of any kind, b4 researched cannabis harvesting..

I feel like im Charlie, and in a candy factory when looking at those tricomes forests.... Dont u wanna skrink n take a stroll through these towering Terps...

Harvest day tomorrow...its bn a rough limp to the finish line, and she looks really rough, but those nugs after a good trim will be gourlous
excitedly nervous, :woohoo:

VideoCapture_20240411-205432.jpg

VideoCapture_20240411-205602.jpg

VideoCapture_20240409-192837.jpg

VideoCapture_20240409-193109.jpg

VideoCapture_20240409-084258.jpg

VideoCapture_20240409-083623.jpg

VideoCapture_20240409-085139.jpg

Oh yeah those look damn good. Looking forward to seeing the harvesting, and Nug pics. And what it hit's like too? 😁
Yeah, this is a high THC AND CBD strain (an even ratio of 17%THC/17%CBD. RARE TO HAVE A EVEN RATIO). Bn wondering for many many years how a high in CBD bud wld feel…(as most smoke can make me very anxious now days. and high CBD bud just isn’t grown commercially)….so have never had chance to try high CBD strains. Hoping for good highs with the CBD keeping me nice n calm.

Decided to do a “Wet Harvest”. as the very tiny sugar leaves packed around buds tht wld otherwise become part of the buds, are heavily deficiency spotted. so allot of trimming will need done, n I think it’ll be easier when those tiny leaves aren’t dry n brittle..also bn reading tht wet trimming keeps more of the trichomes intact, where trimmng/cutting nugs from the whole plant after drying makes the Terps brittle n allot fall off. I’m sure like all methods, there’s a good argument for “best way to harvest”..I think it depends on the circumstances, and in mine at the moment, a trim at harvest seems best. Will still leave most buds on stems, just gonna cut off like 10-12” stems at a time, trim, then onto a drying mesh rack. So will need trimmed a second time after dried, but I got the time.
Will definitely be posting some pics..
Still nervous as still plenty of chances for this harvest to go bad..

Please anyone answer me this,…I will have allot of encrusted trichromed leaves n bud pieces left over as my colas need heavily trimmed due to deficiency spotting.
WHAT TO DO WITH BUD TRIMMINGS? And encrusted sugar leaves? I don’t like edibles, or dabs for tht matter…so thinking just dry and make Kief?

Please anyone answer me this,…I will have allot of encrusted trichromed leaves n bud pieces left over as my colas need heavily trimmed due to deficiency spotting.
WHAT TO DO WITH BUD TRIMMINGS? And encrusted sugar leaves? I don’t like edibles, or dabs for tht matter…so thinking just dry and make Kief?
Or topicals. Good for aches and pains.

Back
Top Bottom