I need friends!

20210516_091740.jpg

Looks healthy enough to go up to a 2 gallon..
That's a fine looking plant despite being pussy-whipped. I'd start feeding her and just keep a close eye on her!

Coming from anothers garden can bring bugs. This one doesn't look it but you never know. A neem bath or a bug bath of your choice is recommended. Look closely at all the leaves top and bottom for eggs, bugs, bug poop, etc.
Great advice!

Coming from anothers garden can bring bugs. This one doesn't look it but you never know. A neem bath or a bug bath of your choice is recommended. Look closely at all the leaves top and bottom for eggs, bugs, bug poop, etc.
Already done before it came here.He insisted.

Hi there everyone.winding down my first grow and I'm very happy with it.I just wanted to get some advice if I could.My next grow im doing bruce banners autos in a 7 gallon cloth.I know ocean forest is a good soil ...I've heard good things about strawberry fields because of the phosorous. Both being a 30 day just water soil does this seem like a good idea?2/3 ocean forest and 1/3 strawberry fields with rice hulls...any advice is so very helpful

Hi there everyone.winding down my first grow and I'm very happy with it.I just wanted to get some advice if I could.My next grow im doing bruce banners autos in a 7 gallon cloth.I know ocean forest is a good soil ...I've heard good things about strawberry fields because of the phosorous. Both being a 30 day just water soil does this seem like a good idea?2/3 ocean forest and 1/3 strawberry fields with rice hulls...any advice is so very helpful
Hi Marco...
I don't believe in mixing soils. I put my soils into my containers in layers, for specific purposes in the grow. Each of the soils you mentioned have a different purpose, texture and nutrient load in them. Strawberry Fields is meant for blooming plants, so use it when you uppot to your final container to help supplement bloom. Ocean Forest is a rich soil for use in all stages, but especially during veg, because of the large nitrogen content in the organics.

In my current GSC grow, I have shown how I use layering to great effect in my grows. I use great soils, even enhanced soils... but I still also use nutrients. Currently I am using an actual supersoil as the bottom layer in all of my containers, the bottom third. Then I am using a specially amended Ocean Forest mixture in the middle. To allow for great root development in the top spreader root system, I am using Happy Frog, which was designed for better root growth. Each layer has a specific purpose and to mix the soils together I would lose that, and I wouldn't have near the grow I have now. I have also been using Geoflora Nutrients from the moment I built the first solo cups for this grow, not trusting even these great soils to produce the plants that I desired.

Neither soil you are using is a supersoil so neither is minerally rich. Not having the needed minerals in abundance, neither soil can handle the nutrient needs of the plants full time, and can only supply bare minimum nutrients during the first month or so of its use. I would never recommend going water only with either of these soils and even the Fox Farms feeding schedule makes no mention of treating their soils as the only nutrient needed, at any time.

Use OF during veg, and also feed your plants the recommended amounts of FF nutrients per each week of the grow. When it is time for bloom, switch to Strawberry Fields, and start giving bloom nutes. You might be able to get by for a while with just water and the soil alone, if you use the correct soil at the correct time, but why? Why go minimalist and hope your plants are getting everything they need from just the soil, when you can fertilize and get much bigger, stronger and better producing plants?

Hi Marco...
I don't believe in mixing soils. I put my soils into my containers in layers, for specific purposes in the grow. Each of the soils you mentioned have a different purpose, texture and nutrient load in them. Strawberry Fields is meant for blooming plants, so use it when you uppot to your final container to help supplement bloom. Ocean Forest is a rich soil for use in all stages, but especially during veg, because of the large nitrogen content in the organics.

In my current GSC grow, I have shown how I use layering to great effect in my grows. I use great soils, even enhanced soils... but I still also use nutrients. Currently I am using an actual supersoil as the bottom layer in all of my containers, the bottom third. Then I am using a specially amended Ocean Forest mixture in the middle. To allow for great root development in the top spreader root system, I am using Happy Frog, which was designed for better root growth. Each layer has a specific purpose and to mix the soils together I would lose that, and I wouldn't have near the grow I have now. I have also been using Geoflora Nutrients from the moment I built the first solo cups for this grow, not trusting even these great soils to produce the plants that I desired.

Neither soil you are using is a supersoil so neither is minerally rich. Not having the needed minerals in abundance, neither soil can handle the nutrient needs of the plants full time, and can only supply bare minimum nutrients during the first month or so of its use. I would never recommend going water only with either of these soils and even the Fox Farms feeding schedule makes no mention of treating their soils as the only nutrient needed, at any time.

Use OF during veg, and also feed your plants the recommended amounts of FF nutrients per each week of the grow. When it is time for bloom, switch to Strawberry Fields, and start giving bloom nutes. You might be able to get by for a while with just water and the soil alone, if you use the correct soil at the correct time, but why? Why go minimalist and hope your plants are getting everything they need from just the soil, when you can fertilize and get much bigger, stronger and better producing plants?
Good info.my main soil is coast of maine stonington mix.Just using worm castings.fish bone meal and kelp after 30 days of just water.I was given a bag of ocean and a bag of strawberry fields and layering it was the plan but just a ²/³ocean forest and bottom s.f..I have amazing results with the coast of mai e line and plan on having that be my primary soil.I have 5 bags here but just wanted to play around with some other not so firmiliar soils and mediums.

Welcome. What kind of grows do you have going on
Atm I have a organic grow thats finishing up in coast of maine soil and dry ammendments and liquid squid.I have a few bruce banner autos and a orange chem photo germinating.This is the grow im finishing up right now with organic living soil.I wanted to use the ocean forest I had this way what that grow is done my old soil is ready to go..plus ide like to figure out how to grow with other mediums.
20210607_185204.jpg
20210607_185020.jpg

Atm I have a organic grow thats finishing up in coast of maine soil and dry ammendments and liquid squid.I have a few bruce banner autos and a orange chem photo germinating.This is the grow im finishing up right now with organic living soil.I wanted to use the ocean forest I had this way what that grow is done my old soil is ready to go..plus ide like to figure out how to grow with other mediums.
20210607_185204.jpg
20210607_185020.jpg
Looks great!

Hi everyone.Im Marco.Not great at navigating this awesome site yet,But would love to make more friends with people on this site.If you find yourself needing a down to earth good guy on your list please message or follow me,Always cool having a few expierenced eyes watching and giving advice to a newbie like me.
Hello
I go by SmokingGranny cause I am a proud grandma of 3 beautiful grandchildren. So there for I go by smoking granny. This is my first time growing. I am from the bipolar state of Michigan. I have 2 in flower and proud I made it this far. I'm looking for new friends from Michigan.

Back
Top Bottom