I'm Trying To Grow Pound Plants

Oh yeah and regards the pH hinkleman.
If the nutes are right and youre feeding right, then the pH of the pot will rise during veg then drop during bloom.
To combat this you go in at the lower end for veg and the higher end for bloom.
Only works right though if the feed is pretty close to accurate.

Ahh yeah, a quick Google and that's not what I seen. Does look like this one though.
(Edit) just had another Google for TMV as had a sneaky suspicion and surprise surprise there's about 300hits on grow weed easy saying that's what hinkleman has brilliant lol.

yup exactly, growweedeasy spreading rumors lol.
the site reminds me of sad trailer park kids in grade school lol

Oh yeah and regards the pH hinkleman.
If the nutes are right and youre feeding right, then the pH of the pot will rise during veg then drop during bloom.
To combat this you go in at the lower end for veg and the higher end for bloom.
Only works right though if the feed is pretty close to accurate.

thats good to know, @Barney86 but my ph of my medium was around 7.0 and its a hydro medium.
i know the nutes i was using is for soil, do you think the ph rose because i was using the wrong nutes?

can someone tell me a foolproof way to check what my cocopeat ph actually is?

i definitely have added other nutes to my feedings too, namely silica blast and fox farms big bloom, im trying to figure out what exaclty caused it to rise like this.

my hydro shop guy said that if i let my medium dry too much or too quickly it couldve caused this as well

Yeah mate, soiless has to be fed to run off every day. Only soil you let dry out because it's shit at holding oxygen so the plants suffocate if it's too wet.
For us you gotta feed to run off or the excess nutes build up and boil the pot.
No idea how soil nutes behave to be honest. You know what your ppm is? Just looked back last few pages and couldn't see it.

ok theres a line made by canna called bio.
its there organic omri listed bottled feed.
there is also a line called terra.
its their synthetic line i guess, its not organic though.
bio canna is specifically for soil or their bio terra line.
terra is made for canna terra pro or canna terra pro plus ( which i have)

so far with the plants i have been feeding with a mixture of both lines.
i jve been using bio flores, terra rhizotonic, bio boost, go calmag+, and terra cannazyme.

i believe part of the problem is im mixing cannas soil line and also their soilless line.

when i follow the feed printout my water automatically goes to around 6.3 (perfect for soil) and in flower it goes to 6.5 when using either bio vege or bio flores respectively.
ive been phing down my nutes to 5.9-6.0 until i realized i had this ph issue
i also top fed the plant some bat guano and langenbite, which may or may not have messed also with the mediums ph.

canna terra pro plus is supposed to default itself to 6.2 regardless, i think its a combination of things but i do t think it helps ive been using a nute specifically for soil with a soilless medium. and to make things worse CANNA seems to have their nutes work in conjuction only for the corresponding medium they make.

now on the other hand the plant that is growing in soil is showing no problems leaf wise
and it makes sense maybe that canna has their organic soil nute default to 7.0 after using for a while, which is what my ph was, it was 7.0-7.1

Yeah mate, soiless has to be fed to run off every day. Only soil you let dry out because it's shit at holding oxygen so the plants suffocate if it's too wet.
For us you gotta feed to run off or the excess nutes build up and boil the pot.
No idea how soil nutes behave to be honest. You know what your ppm is? Just looked back last few pages and couldn't see it.

ok so that also is part of the problem then, its in a 10 gallon smart pot so it holds water for a while. i try to water once every few days, i thought the peat added into the coco allows it to be treated more closely to a soil as far as watering goes.

earlier in this joirnal i did not have the plant elevated from the saucer, the plant also repeatedly soaked up the waste water over the course of a day or two. i now have it wlevated from the saicer and it doesnt sit in the wayer now

In coco we water with nutrient solution daily. You can’t over water in soiless medium.

so should i water to runoff everyday? i guess i was probably not watering the soilless the whole time correctly.

but isnt the peat supposed to allow you to water once every few days? should i just continue to water every 2-3 days now with correct ph water? and what exactly should i ph my nutes to? 5.9? 6.0?

need a little help here

so i watered today, looks like some nute burn, few of the top leaves are kinda crispy.
brought the light up a few inches. now the top most flower is at 24” i hung a string to keep better track of.
buds are still getting bigger, watered today with half strength nutes phed to 5.8
she should pull through it lol
whatever was built up in medium prob got blasted into her once the ph came down.

yeah the buds are getting bigger everyday when i check them, im just scared about the leaf issues, from what i found online looks like potassium burn
according the the nute uptake chart i found on 420magazine.
ph was too high for it to be absorbed

oh and i also think i found the cause of the problem @Pennywise check this out

image.jpg

so it says this medium “has enough lime to last an entire cycle.
well according the the actual feed chart

image.jpg

so accoding to this feeding chart even the high end of a plant life is 17 weeks. 17 weeks is 109 days.
im at day 100 from seed but ive been adding great white mychrizzae and i also been adding microbes and em-1 which maybe the lime charge is almost gone, so maybe my ph stability went out the window.
i dont know just throwing some ideas out therr gonna try to keep her alive

If the pot pH goes off mate it's down to 2 things. Nutes too strong, and/or watering technique. Not watering enough or too strong so the nutes build up and the ppm of the media goes through the roof. That's what in turn knackers the pH.
I grow a lot of 4-5 ouncers in Coco and rarely have to go over 500ppm cos I drench them every day.
My hydro plants take a lot more feeding but for growing in pots they really don't need much.

Today while doing dishes i had a connection in my brain.
2 plants in my tent, one is doing good one is having problems.
one is coco peat one is soil
in other words one is hydro one is soil.
why the difference? i topdressed and amended both relatively the same.
soil controls its own ph in an organic grow (which it is) hydro does not.

takeaway is i dont know enough about the effects of things to topdress and amend coco, now i know at least what messed up my ph, i amended a “premade” coco peat blend, then topdressed it with alkaline materials.

me being a noob and trying to add too much pk 13/14 effects to a unorganic grow

Today while doing dishes i had a connection in my brain.
2 plants in my tent, one is doing good one is having problems.
one is coco peat one is soil
in other words one is hydro one is soil.
why the difference? i topdressed and amended both relatively the same.
soil controls its own ph in an organic grow (which it is) hydro does not.

takeaway is i dont know enough about the effects of things to topdress and amend coco, now i know at least what messed up my ph, i amended a “premade” coco peat blend, then topdressed it with alkaline materials.

me being a noob and trying to add too much pk 13/14 effects to a unorganic grow
Shouldn't ever top dress hydro methods mate. Or indeed put anything in them other than liquid nutes. Just not the way it works because of the requirement for daily watering. Anything you put in it will just muck up something else.
Only exceptions I can think of is root stims and Possibly beneficial bacteria. Never used the latter but sure others do.
PK 13/14 shouldn't burn them at the recommended dose. I've used it a few times. That and scillica are the only things I use at recommended strength. Be something else causing it to build up that's giving the grief.

Shouldn't ever top dress hydro methods mate. Or indeed put anything in them other than liquid nutes. Just not the way it works because of the requirement for daily watering. Anything you put in it will just muck up something else.
Only exceptions I can think of is root stims and Possibly beneficial bacteria. Never used the latter but sure others do.
PK 13/14 shouldn't burn them at the recommended dose. I've used it a few times. That and scillica are the only things I use at recommended strength. Be something else causing it to build up that's giving the grief.

yes i need to stop treating it like soil i topdressed it with langbenite, guano, ff all purpose towards the end of veg and flower stretch
the other plant is doing great, but this one is having these ph issues with most everything have been the same with nutes.
so just got me thinking why one plany is doing good and the other has leaf issues

Day 33 flower (108 from seed)

gave gg4 plain tap water phed to 6.0 yesterday hoping that it will help

white rhino doing well, small bushy plant, was not a good mainline strain, also is small because of long rootbound veg under 75 watt 5000k cob

top view

A19FA8E7-C845-4D6D-9ACA-FA255E8E6CC4.jpeg

side view gg4

0E0EFD0E-45DF-463A-848E-D10D5B20B91D.jpeg

side view whiterhino

58E3DCE3-7A9E-43D6-AA88-20C0BC90B42F.jpeg

B4AFF9C9-776D-41B7-A70D-E6F6F5BF5A7F.jpeg

gg4 flower spiraling looks strange because of twisting leaves

CA2C591B-9187-4203-89F2-851A6928664E.jpeg

white rhino flower spiraling looks normal

1ECCF9CB-3DF2-42C9-997D-5636D37CAEBB.jpeg

so hoping i can pull her through flower, buds are definitely getting bigger everyday, but i doubt this plant will reach its full potential.

so my learning experience from this grow is now “can i amend soil amendments into soilless blends?”
and no, dont amend soilless mixes.
soil amendments are for soil

Back
Top Bottom