I'm Trying To Grow Pound Plants

Holy Crap @Hdinkleman those buds are monsters nice job! Pounds or not it's gonna be alot!

dropping the lights to 11.5/12.5 for the next week then will drop to 11/13 for the final weeks and a 48 hour dark to harvest.

i peeled a bud away from a cola and can see the trichs starting to cloud on the inside of the bud.....
oooohh was she sticky too, i could see the trichs sticking

also i smoked some of the bud that was clogging up the canopy underneath and holy shit, even being weeks premature two hits roasted me for almost 3 hours.
almost was tripping and thinking weird paranoid shit, dont know it i neccasarily liked it lol.

i have noticed i smoke ALOT LESS of my own pot than any of the garbage i used to get on the black market.
i dont smoke during the day, usually only when i get home from work. on a nightly basis i take 2 MAYBE 3 hits and then i cant handle getting higher or i freak myself out lol

Try some Bubba Kush or Northern Lights. May have less anxiety and paranoia.

you think though it gets me like that because it was so premature? the branches i cut i did it just to give better airflow in the canopy.
the trichomes are all clear, not even close to anything being cloudy.

bubba kush genetics will be the next seeds i get, i still have another plant to finish after these two girls and then i will start to order some new beans.

day 59 flower

i have been feeding a half dose of cannas final flowering reccomendation, i believe its like the flush, for the last week or so.
im seeing trichomes that are milky and clear with just a couple amber inside a few buds of the gg i believe she is close to being ready.
the white rhino which is 8-10 weeks has many amber trichs on the leaves but none that i have seen in the bud yet.

plan is to harvest at end of week 8, which would be this week. im trying to get a decent balance so the gg doesnt get too much amber.
might let it go a extra week though, i think i am getting some leaf fade on the plants but not as much as id like

Yeah early chopped buds are a bit racy mate. I've got some 80% Sativa there, was chopping bits off constantly cos I was out and the amount of times I ended up awake till 4am was unreal. Was like smoking base lol. The flushing thing, you'll never get a straight answer on cos we're all adamant that our way is right. Best to jjst experiment and decide how you feel turns out best.
I don't flush, I feed really light anyway so it doesn't make a difference. The plants try to flush themselves too. The last week or so they barely absorb anything. You can see it on the ppm meter when you grow in a reservoir.

thanks thats good to know. i definitely messed up when i topdressed at week 2 flowering.
but on a good note my autoflower not in the tent is doing great, sad to say that i think this plant is a dang monster in a 2 gallon normal round pot.

getting more used to correctly watering the coco peat as well. plant is thriving under less than a 100 watts of light.
im excited for my next grow now that i actually have flowered a number of plants and i learn more about what a healthy plant looks like
as soon as i harvest and hang dry im putting her into the tent to finish

was able to get a couple pics a couple minutes before lights turned on

E84F4879-48BE-4FB8-B5B6-20F229BEA678.jpeg
E10A44E2-DBD6-4106-8CD5-16049A4C82EB.jpeg
615CAE23-FE01-441E-8E09-9EC28EAA75BA.jpeg

harvest will be soon, i need to hurry up and finish so i can get my auto under the qb in the tent

oh and backbuilding works for sure, those couple super big colas were back built

bout to wrap up week 8

the white rhino is starting to get a little fade on the bottom leaves.
i dont think im going to get much of a fade on the gg4, not sure if i was able to flush all the nutes out of the medium. i understand now that i probably gave them enough top dressing nutes for a whole cycle when i topdressed them back at the beginning of flower.
oh well i know better next grow.

im planning on either starting 3 days if darkness right at the end of week 8, or waiting one more week to do it at the end of week 9.
theres a certain set of pistils i am waiting to recede on both plants, those super thick ones that stick straight out the top cola calyxes.

also is pretty cool that i can actually distinguish cloudy trichomes with the naked eye. its essential to have a loupe, but when i first saw them i knew immediately that was what i was looking for.
same with the amber trichs.
its been so long dealing with black market garbage i dont think i maybe have ever seen a true cloudy or amber trichome.
even my first grow i harvested too early so probably never saw one then either

funny how that works, so many people i know over the years probably havent seen it either, sad area where i live

day 60 flower (135 from seed)

the bud i dried from almost two weeks ago is dry enough to smoke.
it gets me fried lol. im almost sure if i harvested today the weed would all be good but i am doing a couple things to finish up.

i gave both plants a light haircut to expose some lower bud sites to a little more light.
i have given both plants plain tap water for last watering and am done now with any nutes.
i am planning to give them one more final watering in a couple days and then after that days light cycle will give 48 hours of darkness.

and thats that, will dry and cure and will post final weight totals little later after i can get some final dryness out of the buds

here are some pics, will be some of the last while these girls are up
plants are definitely light stressed, hlg 260 is a shitload of light for this size tent

i learned alot when i realized this is how big a not light stressed plant can get with less than a 100 watts

this is the plant in my other grow journal currently, ive learned alot i think

3A00BC1D-8423-46C3-8136-BAED9F4ECC3C.jpeg

anyways these are the tent girls

34207829-A32F-4FF5-ABA3-C8063BF10E1B.jpeg

i dont know if you can see but there are some new pistils that have shot out, i think maybe from light stress as well??

6D9B61EB-5653-484B-B19B-1CA2BF08E992.jpeg

B2915EAC-9188-4B59-85CE-306AB1970659.jpeg

8EAF200F-EFF8-4F6B-8E6E-0CB6A734CAB7.jpeg

this is the white rhino, she isnt going to be as ripe as the glue plant, but the tester bud from 2 weeks ago got me fried with a heavy dose of cotton mouth already.

F8459B27-ECDA-4837-9FB8-D8756AB5E6A2.jpeg

the bud that i snoked had a crappy dry and cure. i hung them in my bathroom open air so wasnt expecting much for taste but even with the back flavor of chloryphyll i can taste the skunky pineiness of the white rhino.
the original glue is more of a candy smell.
hard to describe it but there is a candy flavor of ramune soda that it very much reminds me of, which is awesome i grew up drinking it.
cant wait till a proper smoke of nicely dried and cured pot

wonderful, i am happy with the results

Back
Top Bottom