I'm Trying To Grow Pound Plants

I have messed around with LEDS and HPS mainly and from the images on page 20 it doesn't look like a light related issue to me. I have an ongoing light issue in my 4x4 and it is what you said, light refraction.
As my tent is negatively pressurized the side of the tent are angling some of my light and over the past 3 grows I've had a small spot in the tent with bleached heads. They are completely fine just bleached on the top and in the exact same spot each grow regardless of strains and number of plants.

I would recommend focusing on PH and drainage. Once I focused on them my yields became larger and more consistent.
I have at least 1" of clay balls in the bottom of my pot and on top as well. Helps with water distribution, drainage and gnats.

As for long Veg I have found this essential to pull good weights from Coco, I have been told really long Veg cycle "can" affect the smoke but I have not seen this yet.

Hope my info helps.
TD.

Day 65 flower

ok so looks like cloudy trichs on most of the glue plants tops. i can also see a few amber here and there.
but had a new round of pistils shoot up on some of the tops as well.
i have some time constrictions that are pushing me to harvest sooner than later.
the premature bud from two weeks ago gets me high 100% and also gave a little to my friend and he said he got high AF from smoking it (he mainly smokes those oil cartridges)

the glue plant is 7-9 weeks (breeder rec)
and 65 days is 3 days into week 9
another thing is i did a week of decreasing light from 18/6 to 12/12 so technically i guess im a little later into flower than 65 days total.

the white rhino will be premature a little i guess, the rec flower time is 8-10 weeks for that plant, but i dont care about that as much as the glue plant.

so would it be a good idea to start my 48 hr darkness tonight at lights off and then harvest on sunday night? that was my plan because i have monday and tuesday off from work.

I have messed around with LEDS and HPS mainly and from the images on page 20 it doesn't look like a light related issue to me. I have an ongoing light issue in my 4x4 and it is what you said, light refraction.
As my tent is negatively pressurized the side of the tent are angling some of my light and over the past 3 grows I've had a small spot in the tent with bleached heads. They are completely fine just bleached on the top and in the exact same spot each grow regardless of strains and number of plants.

I would recommend focusing on PH and drainage. Once I focused on them my yields became larger and more consistent.
I have at least 1" of clay balls in the bottom of my pot and on top as well. Helps with water distribution, drainage and gnats.

As for long Veg I have found this essential to pull good weights from Coco, I have been told really long Veg cycle "can" affect the smoke but I have not seen this yet.

Hope my info helps.
TD.

i think i fixed my ph, i really think it was light stress.
the qb itself was putting out at least 800ppfd, AT LEAST, from how high i had it, then i added the microflower bar.

i noticed all the burning and stress and crunchy leaves ALL AFTER i added the led bar to the tent.

im getting a par meter delivered on monday and i will have it in my toolbox for growing for next grow.

i raised the lights and lowered the qb % for now, plants seem less stressed for the moment

If you've got some amber trichomes, harvest away. Might be a tad bit early, say if none of the trichomes have "popped", but as long as some are amber, you should be good. If you gotta do it due to time issues, it's gotta be done right?

yes i live in legal state. 2 plants flowering allowed.
not gonna spell it out but i have a couple grow journals going at the moment.
just trying to follow the law for once lol, so want to harvest these girls so i can move my early miss into the tent

yes i live in legal state. 2 plants flowering allowed.
not gonna spell it out but i have a couple grow journals going at the moment.
just trying to follow the law for once lol, so want to harvest these girls so i can move my early miss into the tent

I see. Its good to follow rule of law but sometimes these arbitrary plant numbers are annoying. Fur me, 6=OK but 7 =EEEEEVIL!

I say push them for a little while longer but if you have to, do what you gotta do. Can you hold out anther week maybe? Just keep checking trichomes as well

I'd like to hear others suggestions also as I've been out the game a while

I see. Its good to follow rule of law but sometimes these arbitrary plant numbers are annoying. Fur me, 6=OK but 7 =EEEEEVIL!

I say push them for a little while longer but if you have to, do what you gotta do. Can you hold out anther week maybe? Just keep checking trichomes as well

I'd like to hear others suggestions also as I've been out the game a while
i was tryingto tome the auto flower so it didnt show flower until these two were done.
timed it wrong the auto is in full bloom lol

Day 68 flower (143 from seed)

i am starting complete darkness tonight!!
i dont know if ill be able to wait the whole 48 honestly. i have mondays and tuesdays off from work and i really want to do trimming monday night so i can not have to work the next day lol.

my best guess on the glue plant is 20% clear 70% cloudy 10% amber. the white rhino is more a clear/cloudy but its ok, i expected that due to the strain being 8-10 week instead of 7-9 the glue is.

im proud that i was able to wait this long lol, the bud that i dried earlier in the week was very good when i smoked it last night, im very excited now.

these will be the last pics of these girls standing in the tent, im prepared and ready for the challenge of drying and curing properly next.

i learned alot this grow, and weird how you start to learn about life stuff from the plants as well.
like how you cant rush things, with people or plants, they grow and change at their own pace.

ill post final weight details later on as the stuff dries, not gonna get a pound i know, but i am extremely happy that i was able to pull this grow off this far.

my early miss is raring to get into the tent under the qb, so ill be doing another harvest and finishing that grow journal within the next two months as well.

next on the slate is— nirvana super lemon haze, and im gonna scrog that baby now that i halfway know what im doing.

9361D4C1-04FE-49B8-ADE0-C31E2E3EA9EB.jpeg

5D0921BE-0842-4AE3-BC91-08915A254A31.jpeg

CF4705C4-2EDA-4AA2-9433-942312CC83EA.jpeg

last question @Pennywise
can i do 24 hr darkness to finish to get a lesser effect than 48?
or unless i do 48 is it just not even worth doing?

any suggestions? how do you finish your plants normally?
anyways thanks for everything, ill be around working on my new journal and next one too.
just got the ok for an outdoor grow too, so that will be fun. going to germinate the seeds for it this week or next and see how it goes!!

Day 68 flower (143 from seed)

i am starting complete darkness tonight!!
i dont know if ill be able to wait the whole 48 honestly. i have mondays and tuesdays off from work and i really want to do trimming monday night so i can not have to work the next day lol.

my best guess on the glue plant is 20% clear 70% cloudy 10% amber. the white rhino is more a clear/cloudy but its ok, i expected that due to the strain being 8-10 week instead of 7-9 the glue is.

im proud that i was able to wait this long lol, the bud that i dried earlier in the week was very good when i smoked it last night, im very excited now.

these will be the last pics of these girls standing in the tent, im prepared and ready for the challenge of drying and curing properly next.

i learned alot this grow, and weird how you start to learn about life stuff from the plants as well.
like how you cant rush things, with people or plants, they grow and change at their own pace.

ill post final weight details later on as the stuff dries, not gonna get a pound i know, but i am extremely happy that i was able to pull this grow off this far.

my early miss is raring to get into the tent under the qb, so ill be doing another harvest and finishing that grow journal within the next two months as well.

next on the slate is— nirvana super lemon haze, and im gonna scrog that baby now that i halfway know what im doing.

9361D4C1-04FE-49B8-ADE0-C31E2E3EA9EB.jpeg

5D0921BE-0842-4AE3-BC91-08915A254A31.jpeg

CF4705C4-2EDA-4AA2-9433-942312CC83EA.jpeg

last question @Pennywise
can i do 24 hr darkness to finish to get a lesser effect than 48?
or unless i do 48 is it just not even worth doing?

any suggestions? how do you finish your plants normally?
anyways thanks for everything, ill be around working on my new journal and next one too.
just got the ok for an outdoor grow too, so that will be fun. going to germinate the seeds for it this week or next and see how it goes!!

Never tried the extended darkness myself but I'd wait the 2 day's , might be worth it! Hard to do I know.. haha

If you flushed with pure water long enough then everything should be fine.

I'm sorry, what light were you using to flower again? Buds look really nice

Never tried the extended darkness myself but I'd wait the 2 day's , might be worth it! Hard to do I know.. haha

If you flushed with pure water long enough then everything should be fine.

I'm sorry, what light were you using to flower again? Buds look really nice

been following cannas feed schedule for flowering stage 4
which is just water and a small anount of cannaboost (their flower boost nute)
been doing it for about the last two weeks, its basically a flush i think, the ppms on my meter are only around 200

my lights are - a HLG 260 qb ( 135-280 watts according to the manufacturers rating with the dimmer knob)
-a kindled micro flower 21 watt led bar ( has uva, ir, orange, yellow and deep red i believe)
- an agromax uvb 21 watt t5 ( i only run it 20-30 mins a day)

yes i might only make it to 24 hrs due to my schedule like i was saying, we’ll see

my last grow i definitely harvested early so i made sure to wait until there were cloudy and amber trichomes this time.

been following cannas feed schedule for flowering stage 4
which is just water and a small anount of cannaboost (their flower boost nute)
been doing it for about the last two weeks, its basically a flush i think, the ppms on my meter are only around 200

my lights are - a HLG 260 qb ( 135-280 watts according to the manufacturers rating with the dimmer knob)
-a kindled micro flower 21 watt led bar ( has uva, ir, orange, yellow and deep red i believe)
- an agromax uvb 21 watt t5 ( i only run it 20-30 mins a day)

yes i might only make it to 24 hrs due to my schedule like i was saying, we’ll see

my last grow i definitely harvested early so i made sure to wait until there were cloudy and amber trichomes this time.

Good luck!

i chopped the rhino and half of the glue plant. the glue is back in darkness, i didnt turn on the tent light while chopping.

16DEC8D0-5F28-4410-A016-219D052C43B8.jpeg
BAB4353A-784A-44B6-8FAC-B5E327DE06AB.jpeg
72364CBA-D4A4-455A-BFD1-4218704967AC.jpeg
A1A070A2-D62B-4089-A2B5-DD9C323F0BEB.jpeg
428EB556-F6EF-40D0-8146-2588151D8ACF.jpeg
09E70E7D-CE0A-49BB-A363-BDE942F84B75.jpeg
0E059B77-16EB-43B7-91B4-83F8715D49E5.jpeg
A0BA531E-4E72-4CDC-8E8F-0323EB4915D4.jpeg

is this mold? the light color on the bottom of some of the colas. the pistils were squished strangely too. remeber the scare i had back in week 7 with the high humidity.
these off colored bottom buds feel waterlogged and have a weird texture when cracking open

05AAB546-04CD-414F-99FD-30923B9DD57C.jpeg

will finish the plant in the morning. been trimming for 7 hours straight standing up.

i am doing the ziggys low and slow method, so just took a few shots of these colas because i may have to break some of them for this method of drying.

i initially just hung them from a clothes rack in the kitchen while i bud washed and then clipped and hung hung for approx 4 hours just in the open air. did a second final trim and am in the process of putting them in paper bags and into the fridge
still have about ten more bags to throw in before i sleep tonight.

does this look right?

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom