Ya I sometimes struggle with the lollipping I do in deciding what to take and what to leave it's always a learning experience every plant is different.

A light meter would be awsome I've always kinda wondered what kind of ppfd my lights put out. Where did you get it if you don't mind me asking

it was only 135, i just searched for it online.
my last grow i was blasting the plant at over 1100ppfd and it wasnt nearly as big pound for pound. the top leaves were fried and extra crispy at the end. didnt know until i took some readings once the plant was harvested.
and that plant was in a 10 gallon, this plant is in a 2 gallon round pot.

really changed my thinking about what i need to give a plant

Still waiting for the plant to ripen, going into week 14 from seed. the breeder said 7 weeks from seed as an auto, dont know how that was supposed to happen.

the plant has been gradually brought down to 12/12 over the last MONTH and still not ripening.
Started a different post about this current plant foxtailing and what could be causing it.

DLI is now at 19. temps been running a little high 75-78ish. today was a hot day and it got to 80.8 but i still wouldnt think that was that high. who knows.

2BC61FA7-53F6-40D3-9A3C-377A943BEDAC.jpeg

not a great pic. getting a fade so hopefully she starts to ripen within the next couple weeks. the buds are huge. i think i will get a 1/4 lb just off this one plant.
kicking myself that it is in a 2 gallon pot.
maybe being rootbound has something to do with things? roots are coming out the bottom pot holes.

Hey Hdinkleman :ciao: Thought I’d swing by and subscribe to your gardening world. You’re making these Canna Bio nutes look pretty good! Plant looks amazing, especially for a 2 gallon pot. I have a whole lot of Early Miss seeds myself and maybe you’ve inspired me to use one of those for a test run with the nutes. I am precisely looking to grow in small pots :D I dont think foxtails are a problem. JUst shows the plant is really powering! Foxtails = more bud :thumb:

Yes i was pleasantly suprised that the plant got this big in a 2 gallon, wish i wouldve used my 5 gallon airpots as would have been the norm for an auto but cant complain.
have a pretty good idea that i will get a quarter pound of of this one plant, which is crazy considering i did all the training/mainlining on my last grow and only got 6ozs.

@Amy Gardner

the early miss plant really impressed me with the colors she is showing during this fade as well, she is turning purplish/reddish on the leaves, beautiful coloring. im actually kind of impressed for it being a crop kind seed that was a freebie.

early miss- big bud x white widow
only good thing about a 2 gallon pot is its easy to pull her outta the tent for some photos lol

55A104B3-E217-408F-B44F-A74F99F5FF3C.jpeg
0746060D-B9BD-4B8B-B6CF-4AEB22A3F57B.jpeg
1612DCAB-A563-48F9-8054-2CFFEF3D8541.jpeg
65F51CC5-9C38-445B-8F32-F1ECA929DA7B.jpeg

Day 105 (week 15)

shes almost ready, she had a last push of pistils and some foxtails which i think was caused by too much light.

my light is turned down as far as it goes and the foxtails have stopped growing and actually fattened up a bit. some look like mohawks on the colas.

CANNA nutes have provided an awesome fade, i DID NOT FLUSH, rather i have been following the canna feed schedule, which is a very light feeding with my tap water and some cannazyme.
i use 50% of the reccomended anyways so its very light feeding as i said.

anyways heres some of her final pics
my camera isnt great but i took as best as i cared to.

getting some nice autumn colors

3FDD11B1-6863-420F-AA2A-A8AB4CDFF842.jpeg

full plant pic

8837FB2D-4F0A-48CD-9192-ACB2FAD78453.jpeg

nice mohawk

A62052C4-81BB-4EEB-AE81-DFC00902F518.jpeg

nice fade

43E7D614-1E00-4337-B1C2-36B53FD244B8.jpeg

by far my best grow yet. the trichs are TRULY turning amber for me. i finally am learning how to really wait for the amber trichs and what they look like

the trichomes started to turn cloudy to starting to amber just from yesterday.
i feel another week and then 48 darkness and she is done.

leaves are starting to fall off on their own with a small bend, shes almost ready...

the foxtails are actually pretty cool, they formed a cool crown around a couple of the colas.

not sure exactly what to think of them, i still feel that the foxtails were a sign of too much light and the buds did not fatten as i would of liked them too. either way i feel i will be very happy with this harvest

day 106

checked trichs at lights on.
almost all are cloudy and i am starting to see them change to amber.
currently 90/10 cloudy/amber

i know from what little experience i have i am in the harvest window. i will initiate the 48 hr darkness period in the next few days.

thinking of giving her another 3 days of normal and then 48 hr darkness to coincide with my days off (todays my monday)

Great looking plant. Congrats on the finish line thats in sight.

Feels good to get close to the end doesn't it?!

the real end yeah.
i already am at 10% real amber now

i cut a small bud off so i could get a closer look at the trichs.
im assuming she is ready now.
24hr dark on the next dark period and then done i think

Yep 10% amber is enough for me.

yeah pennywise im hitting her with the 24 tonight when its lights off. depending on how work/my ambition goes ill trim her up tomorrow or the next day.

i havent watered her last scheduled watering and not going to give her any water from here on out.
i know if you are doing a notmal hang dry you want to water to slow the drying, but since im doing the low and slow drying i want her with as little water in her as possible to speed up the fridge dry.

sound right?

Chopped posted in low and slow thread.

was getting a great fade at the end too, the stems were completely hollow with a decent sized small hole running through.

i guess it really is hydro in coco. my last grows stem system didnt look like this.

my estimate is 75-100 grams dried.

i only moved to flower tent at week 5-6 flowering so the plant structure is off a 75 watt cob. finished with the qb.

ordering another hlg260 but this one with the rspec to use for flowering my next plants

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 56
The plant yielded 98 grams with 3 main cola buds intact (not broken into smaller buds)

plant was started under a 75 watt cob and 21 watt t5 led for its entire time in veg and then 6 weeks into flower.
at week 6-7 flower was moved under qb and given the same amount of light to finish flower.

dont really like the plant.
will not repeat autoflowers as a main project, shouldve stayed in my veg area.

will not repeat crop king either.
current journal will be my last nirvana as well.
i believe i have acquired some better strains and breeder seeds so no more cheapy brands for me.

didnt skimp on my lights, not gonna on my seeds.

my only goal in this is to produce a pound of boutique quality high quality flower every flower run.

the quest continues....

Back
Top Bottom