Indoor Grow - Blueberry & Cream Caramel Fem

re: Indoor Grow - Blueberry & Cream Caramel Fem

Wow!!!!!!!!! Am new to this site and hopefully getting a closet garden together in the next month or so to home grow for the first time. Threads like this are pure inspiration, thank you, thank you , thank you! I am now going to spend a while going through the whole thing start to finish and may have a question or two.

Those babies at the beginning are so cute!! And wow! .. the latest photos are making me salivate. Much Kudos to you DŗĶŗăη!!

Dr.Dread: I bought mine @ amazon for $140 including shipping so I guess $60 is a bargain.

Thanks Ms.Fox & Stoner Grower. Ill have a bunch of trich pics this weekend (I'm still learning to Focus this thing!)

Pedrolyte: Thanks for the kind words, I hope I can help if there are any questions. Let me know.

:peace:

Phew!! Just read this master-class journal, start to finish. What a fantastic step by step guide man, you've really gone into detail and this complements everything that I have read in books.

The answers to nearly all my questions are here and I am now seriously reconsidering my plan to grow with a flood and drain system, and go with soil, by your example. I am sure there is loads of comparative info elsewhere on this forum, but I hear that the taste of the end product is much nicer from soil.

*Have you grown soil-less before? And if so, how would you compare the experience, and end product?
* Probably a silly question, but, worm-casts? .. is that a technical description or are they really worm casts found in any garden and .. why?

Ps. You should do mail order for your bat guano tea.. lol

Phew!! Just read this master-class journal, start to finish. What a fantastic step by step guide man, you've really gone into detail and this complements everything that I have read in books.

The answers to nearly all my questions are here and I am now seriously reconsidering my plan to grow with a flood and drain system, and go with soil, by your example. I am sure there is loads of comparative info elsewhere on this forum, but I hear that the taste of the end product is much nicer from soil.

*Have you grown soil-less before? And if so, how would you compare the experience, and end product?
* Probably a silly question, but, worm-casts? .. is that a technical description or are they really worm casts found in any garden and .. why?

Ps. You should do mail order for your bat guano tea.. lol

Thanks Pedrolite, I'm glad its been of use. To answer your questions:

* I have never grown soil-less, Its just a personal choice. I like a good organic soil mix and organic nutes and love how organic weed tastes. Again, it is a personal choice.

Worm Castings:

1. What are Earthworm Castings?

Earthworm castings are the material deposited by the earthworm after the material passes through the digestive track of the worm (worm manure)

2. Why Use Earthworm Castings?

With the exception of water and sunlight, nothing could be more natural for your garden than earthworm castings. Not steer manure, not chicken manure, not even fish emulsion is as natural for your garden as earthworm castings! After all, when digging in your garden have you ever found a live cow, chicken, or fish? No, what you do find are live worms. Mother Nature created the mighty worm about 570 million years ago to care for her plant life by caring for the soil. As the earthworm eats its way through the soil, it takes in bits of soil and rotting or decaying plants (organic matter).

And what comes out is the richest food your plants will ever find, yet will not burn a plant! Earthworms have the unique ability to increase the amount of nutrients and minerals in the soil by as much as 10 times the value of the plant debris there. These minerals and nutrients are properly conditioned for the best root growth and lush plant growth - plus it\'s odor free!

* In respect to the bat guano tea, if I had more bats I would probably start a business selling tea :ganjamon: lol

Hope it helps.

:peace:

More trichs!!!

Here are some more Trich Pics. I see a bit more milky and amber heads.

trichs_oct16_11.jpg

trichs_oct16_13.jpg

trichs_oct16_14.jpg

trichs_oct16_2.jpg

trichs_oct16_5.jpg

trichs_oct16_6.jpg

trichs_oct16_7.jpg

trichs_oct16_8.jpg

trichs_oct16_9.jpg

What do u guys think?

^ agreed, I cant see any more clear heads...

I love a good couch lock, and would suggest waiting another week or so until they start to turn a lil more. Thats just me though!

I just ordered that ebay cam, which looks the same as yours. Thanks for the idea man, I had never thought of getting one of those to monitor trics until you did.

DŗĶŗăη .. thanks for the worm cast info, you really know your stuff!

I have just been reading about an interesting procedure to improve cloning success: After taking the cutting and trimming the leafs you completely submerge the cut leafs of the cutting in a glass of white wax for 10 seconds or so to coat them. This helps to protect the leafs and apparently negates the use of a cover whilst they are rooting. Have you heard of this method? I have more detail in a book at home..

DŗĶŗăη .. thanks for the worm cast info, you really know your stuff!

I have just been reading about an interesting procedure to improve cloning success: After taking the cutting and trimming the leafs you completely submerge the cut leafs of the cutting in a glass of white wax for 10 seconds or so to coat them. This helps to protect the leafs and apparently negates the use of a cover whilst they are rooting. Have you heard of this method? I have more detail in a book at home..

Correct, It acts as a anti-transpiration. It essentially seals the moisture in the leaves or else they will rapidly dehydrate in lower RH. With no roots the clone cannot take up water through the soil. Without the wax you use the dome to keep RH as high as you can. This can cause other problems such as mold in the high humidity environment. I have not used the wax yet but plan to for my next cloning experience.

I wouldn't just dip in parafin or something they make cloning wax for this purpose. Google "cloning wax" :peace:

^^ very interesting.

^ Cool can't wait!

Correct, It acts as a anti-transpiration. It essentially seals the moisture in the leaves or else they will rapidly dehydrate in lower RH. With no roots the clone cannot take up water through the soil. Without the wax you use the dome to keep RH as high as you can. This can cause other problems such as mold in the high humidity environment. I have not used the wax yet but plan to for my next cloning experience.

I wouldn't just dip in parafin or something they make cloning wax for this purpose. Google "cloning wax" :peace:

That's cool! I've never heard of that before. Very interesting!

Back
Top Bottom