Indoor Hempy OC+ AK47 1K HPS Perpetual

23 2QT Pots= about 3.5 sq
19% Of 1k Table=194watts

01200.jpg

So we need about 6 zips to hit 1 gram per watt.
Does not look like six to me...4 for sure maybe 5 but not 6

11453.jpg

21039.jpg

3940.jpg

4643.jpg

So the 2qt drempy method will be the highest yeild per watt this grow has seen
but it is also 4 times the work....literally....you need 4xpots 4xclones....4x everything

How long do you hang them there?
3 or 4 days...as soon as they burn good in a bong i break down the buds from the main stem...then sample sample sample till they are perfect....or gone :)

We strive for yield a lot of the time but I can easily grow more than I can smoke if it is really good stuff. I have come to the conclusion that I can get by with 4 plants grown around a vertically hung 400 watt HPS. Let em veg a bit though. I like to grow almost as much as I like to smoke.

This system drains to waste? Suppose you built a table just high enough...snip

Funny you should say that....
All the drip lines plugged up...
Ripped them all out.
Redirected all of the drain lines back to the main res (30 gal) In the basement.
Added a second res (30 gal) In the basement
Added a third res (30 gal) Upstairs
Added a fourth res (20 gal) Upstairs

I pump the water upstairs from the main res in 2 steps with 2 pumps 600gph each. These pumps are inline and external to the res (less heat).

Res#3 Upstairs is used to fill res#4 upstairs...both Res#3 and Res#4 Drain back to the main res WITH GREAT FORCE because its falling 10 foot or so. During its fall it goes through 250 foot of garden hose coiled up in a deep freezer..drops the temp a few points. Will stick a filter of some type in here as well as soon as i find plans for one i like

Res # 4 is filled with fish and Deep Water Culture tomato,basil,ect... that are sucking up sunlight from an open window. The roots give the fish something to do.

For now watering is manual...but easy.
There is enough water pressure and volume on the falling water line to flood all of the grow tables in the basement in less than 5 min.

When I first fired this up I was sure the fish would be dead by morning but nope...lost a few but out of 20 or so thats pretty good I think.

Remember half of these pots still have OC+ in them....the PPM of the water was all over the place at first until all of the pots and tables balenced out...now it looks to be stable around 500

PH is a rock soild 6.0....it will creep up when the RO filter is topping of the system but it goes right back to 6.0 in a few hours.

The plan is to just see what happens...mainly...
Will the fish live?
Will the water hold up?
Will the fish be able to keep the ppms around 500 when the OC+ is depleted?

I have read that when in full bloom the fish cant keep up with MMJ...so if i need to boost the bud table i will just redirct the bloom table to drain to waste for that feeding.

I dont really care to much about the free organic nutes the fish can supply but thats a nice bonus...what i like is tropical fish can thrive in 80f water...without fish you have a real problem in the grow room if your res hits 80f...so well...i will let you come up with the punch line :)
Then again maybe i had too many of these :roorrip:

Ok The pic above was 4zips of tops and about 1 zip of popcorn.

Pulled about 20 more 2qts that are finished.

The EEC Clones are done...LOL what a waste of space....they are all just one little bud ranging in size from 3-6 inches

Put clones of all the Afgani#1 in the bloom room so I can sex them.
All of the moms and dads are still in veg.

The Afgani's are very aggressive and do not play nice with each other...its like those big ass water leaves are designed to shade out the compitition....they will shade, block, push, strangle other plants out of the way... cant wait to sample this stuff.

Pinched the top on the CRH1 plant...normally i just wait till the top is big nuff to be a clone but i want to keep this sativa under control...as vain as that maybe.

An oberservation: If you try a 2ql/2lt hempy sog....you MUST trim and defoliate.
You must pack the pots as close as you can....you only get one bud per plant so you need to make sure that one bud gets good light top to bottom and you must focus ALL of the plants energy on that one bud by trimming all the crap off.

If you do not jam pack the area you ARE waisting your time.
If you do not trim for light and air you ARE waisting your time.

In the last 2 weeks i have pulled 40 plants out of the bloom room and 2 plastic grocery bags of trim....and the tables are still thicker than they should be.

My mothers are all Ginormas...the 400w veg table runs circles around the bloom room and 50% of its output ends up in the trash....so i need more bloom or less veg.
The mothers are so big I take 1 foot clones with 8-10 nodes. Survival rate is close to 100%

The Fish:
Still alive...PH rock soilid PPM 500ish so i think the OC+ has all balanced.
I have way more plants than fish so I need to add fish or some nutes or somthing soon cause I bet the buds would like a little more food than that.

Geez all i was going to do was get a time stamp on the Afgani clones...and I end up rambling like a school girl :)

My mate has managed to score an actual GENUINE AK47 cutting . . . directly from the dude who imported the seeds. In new Zealand all sorts of people tell you that this is Blah Blah and thats Blah Blah . . . always some name from the annals of cannabis mythology and 98% of the time its just weed. . .a lot of it's good but some is only so so. Well this cutting is gunna end up as the mutha, gunna veg it and take cuttings, etc.

The questions are, growing in soil in 20litre buckets, - thats about 5 gallons for you non metric dudes - under a combo of 1000w and 600w HPS

1) what sort of yield do these give on average. I realise different veg periods will throw different amounts

2) what is a good height to veg to before turning on 12/12

3) how long under ideal conditions, would it take to reach this size . . he veg's under 24hour continuous, so if you grow for a month under 18/6 or 20/4, can you include that in any answers provided please. Thanx in advance.

4) are they prone to bud rot?? the grow room hasn't had any previous issues though.

5) are they "good" cloners or is there a high failure rate.

(The other question is "when is he gunna get a computer so I don't have to do all his questions" ??)

No doubt he'll think of more when I've logged off !!!

thanx in advance for any answers - KiwiBloke

Next Questions . . . .

6) Do they "go better" /produce more if it's topped after say the 4th or 5 th set of leaves ?? or do you leave the main/terminal bud as is

no doubt more tomorrow . . . . . I'll keep searching, see if I can find it in other AK47 related posts.

Hi kiwibloke. I am not qualified to give you soilid answers but i will tell you what i do...
1) what sort of yield do these give on average. I realise different veg periods will throw different amounts
I measure yield with foot print and time....all my AK's are well over 1/2 gram per watt within 8 weeks
2) what is a good height to veg to before turning on 12/12
I dont go by height or time...if i have an open spot in the bud room the biggest healthyest plant fills the void...if i dont have a good plant a seed goes in the spot
4) are they prone to bud rot?? the grow room hasn't had any previous issues though.
I have not seen any yet but RH has been under 40 so i dont think i will till summer
5) are they "good" cloners or is there a high failure rate.
Mine are.
6) Do they "go better" /produce more if it's topped after say the 4th or 5 th set of leaves ?? or do you leave the main/terminal bud as is

I wouldnt say better just different. In the end I think you end up with the same amount of plant mass when topping it's just distributed differently.

The only problem i have with the AK's is the week ass stems...the buds are so fat by week 4 they start falling over....but thats a great problem to have :)

I have 1 pheno that grows like an ivy across the table....very strange plant

Is the stalk of this pheno have a flat or "celery" shaped structure?
Hmm I will take a look when I get home...I pulled it a few days ago and sent it to the hash pile but it should still be alive.

Ok, I have stabilized this pheno, and bred it into 2 other strains. I have a friend that exclusively grow this in his guerilla grows, because it grows very well along the ground like a vine. Those shots were from my outdoor grow last season, I was replenishing my seeds on a few my strains. I want to breed it with a super producer next and get a 1000gr/sqm pheno and stablize it for a very good commercial strain.

GT that thing is wild!. I dont think my stem looks anything like that but i will get pics up as soon as i get home. Now you got me wanting to grow it out i need another pheno like i need another hole in my head LOL

Back
Top Bottom