Is hydrogen peroxide which is stabilizied with phosphoric acid usable for hydroponic?

Waterweed

Hi,

I have a question for the hydro-experts who have experience with hydrogen peroxide.

From what I`ve learned for hydroponic one should only use food grade H2O2 which is not stabilized.

I have here this one:

Label:
(250ml bottle from the pharmacy)

- Hydrogen-Peroxide-Solution 30% 100gram

- Phosphoric acid 10% 5gram

- Purified water

Is this safe to use? Will it provide the same amount of oxygen as food grade H2O2?

Is the phosphoric acid preventing the breakdown into H20 and O2 in any way? And if its breakdown, is the breakdown into 02 and H20 a lot more ineffective (less) with stabilized H202 compared to food grade unstabilized H202?

On the other side I think by myself that phosphoric acid is also used in PH-down products,
so it shouldnt be a real problem as long its ONLY phosphoric acid that is in the H202 product, right?

But I really dont know, maybe it would do the opposit and damage the plants (roots)?

So before I start with my project I thought its a good idea to ask here some hydro-experts.

Thanks for your helping out in advance guys! : )

Hiya buddy, have you grown hydro before ? H2o2 is by no means an essential product. Very few people use it. What sort of grow method will you be doing?
The peroxide is more problematic than the acid. Phosphoric is routinely used for lowering pH. I've never used peroxide.

...and Welcome!

Yeah, I ve done soil, coco and hydro dwc.

I researched many many hours in the growjournals/posts from King426 who is a member here
but sadly since 10/2017 not active anymore. His results are very impressive and I was luckely able to collect all the details he used in his grows.

But I had to read ALL of his posts to puzzle his details together. Bucketsize, amounts of fertilizer, when he ups nutrients, amount hes watering, when hes watering and so on. And he uses at every watering 5ml 3% H202 per gallon. Check out his pictures, the additional oxygen from the H202 lets the plants go crazy and keeps your resorvoir healthy.

The system is “Hempy-bucket” 100% perlite. (passive Hydro system)
Nugbucket Mainline technique
General Hydro flora series / used in Lucas formula with calmag

Here you can check out all his posts and starting puzzling his method of grow together:

But as I said before you have really to read all his post in chronological order which includes the posts he dropped in other members threads. It was a lot of effort I had to invest. I made many many notes during it and have now all the details how he growed such beasts.:slide:

My only question left is the question I have startet this thread for.
I know that one has to be careful with H202 and so on...

So the phophoric acid is no problem and I can use the 3% H202 what they sell at my local pharmacy?

I have been using very low amounts of 29% H2O2 in my water reservoir (soil with autopots). Mostly to assist in the dechlorination process but to also prevent unwanted growth in the water. With the understanding that it is beneficial in other ways. Been doing this for months now with no negative consequences I can see thus far.

Back
Top Bottom