Nitric acid vs phosphoric acid pH down

I'm looking for a new pH down product. I would like to stay away from the Gen Hydro if possible.
I'm wondering which one is more stable, Nitric acid or phosphoric acid?
Am I over thinking this? I have been know to do that in occasion.
Thanks y'all.

VG

What nute line you using? Pretty much every line has a ph adjusting product that I know of....Yeah I'm kinda odd and don't like to mix products, in the process of switching from the GO line myself and going with a company from this State.

Err... Did you mean to type "Scotts Miracle-Gro's Hawthorne Group" instead of "Monsanto," lol?
Yes, thank you. The parent company. Hawthorne group. Mwahahaha!

What nute line you using? Pretty much every line has a ph adjusting product that I know of....Yeah I'm kinda odd and don't like to mix products, in the process of switching from the GO line myself and going with a company from this State.
I'm using Mega Crop. They don't have a pH adjuster to my knowledge.

To my knowledge nitric acid is pretty nasty stuff that's hard to get your hands on. Typically only available for commerical size water treatment.

I've been looking into pH stuff a little bit lately bc of my hard water. The main options seem to be citric or phosphoric.
Citric is organic and breaks down easily both good and bad. It's not a particularly strong acid and so pH will swing back faster. Phosphoric is a stronger acid and will hold the desired pH balance longer, it also has the side effect of adding a little bit of P to your feed.
* I think it may form undesirable precipitates under the correct conditions but I don't remember what it was and may be mistaken. It was scribbled in my notes about it.

For my drain to waste stuff citric acid is good enough (I don't need to hold ph longer than a day or two) and cheap.

To my knowledge nitric acid is pretty nasty stuff that's hard to get your hands on. Typically only available for commerical size water treatment.

I've been looking into pH stuff a little bit lately bc of my hard water. The main options seem to be citric or phosphoric.
Citric is organic and breaks down easily both good and bad. It's not a particularly strong acid and so pH will swing back faster. Phosphoric is a stronger acid and will hold the desired pH balance longer, it also has the side effect of adding a little bit of P to your feed.
* I think it may form undesirable precipitates under the correct conditions but I don't remember what it was and may be mistaken. It was scribbled in my notes about it.

For my drain to waste stuff citric acid is good enough (I don't need to hold ph longer than a day or two) and cheap.
One I was looking at is called technaflora. It is nitric acid based. It is Canadian, I think. It's on Walmart.com.

I'm not sure who the mfr is, available at CDN Tire and Walmart, called RootFarm. Made in US, used under license by Scott Canada. Not sure where you are, but I would imagine it's in the US as well. If it's any help :)

EDIT: Forgot to add it contains both phosphoric and citric acid.

View media item 1653980

I'm not sure who the mfr is, available at CDN Tire and Walmart, called RootFarm. Made in US, used under license by Scott Canada. Not sure where you are, but I would imagine it's in the US as well. If it's any help :)

EDIT: Forgot to add it contains both phosphoric and citric acid.

View media item 1653980
I looked at that one and it is available.
If it is licensed under Scott, it is Hawthorne Group.

One I was looking at is called technaflora. It is nitric acid based. It is Canadian, I think. It's on Walmart.com.

It's alright. Don't buy it from ChinaMart, though ;) . Lots of cannabis growers got their start using one of Techniflora's Recipe for Success kits.

Back
Top Bottom