Issues with bottom leaves turning yellow?

pointer80

hey guy's, i am having issues with bottom leaves turning yellow on my mother plants that I am getting ready too clone. I have had them in 3 gallon pots in happy frog for almost 4 weeks now. I just started giving them foxfarm big bloom last week and yesterday I gave them some foxfarm happy frog tomato and vegetable dry fertilizer and watered it in. I am thinking they ran out of nutrients in the soil? Is there a better fix? Also can I still clone the branches that still look green? Thanks all for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_5613.JPG
    IMG_5613.JPG
    417.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_5614.JPG
    IMG_5614.JPG
    536.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_5615.JPG
    IMG_5615.JPG
    516.9 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_5616.JPG
    IMG_5616.JPG
    453.4 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_5617.JPG
    IMG_5617.JPG
    656.5 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_5618 (1).JPG
    IMG_5618 (1).JPG
    515.4 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_5618.JPG
    IMG_5618.JPG
    515.4 KB · Views: 96
to much nitrogen, to little cal-mag, over watered, not enough light

also, check you PH, 6.8---

No, do not take cuttings, let her get healthy first, its a problem already IN THE PLANT, she is sick. Let it dry out, then just PHd water. Cut those bad leaves off, AT THE LEAF, not at the stalk. Doing this prevents disease from getting into the plant, so the cut drys and seals as far away from the stalk as possible.

to much nitrogen, to little cal-mag, over watered, not enough light

also, check you PH, 6.8---

No, do not take cuttings, let her get healthy first, its a problem already IN THE PLANT, she is sick. Let it dry out, then just PHd water. Cut those bad leaves off, AT THE LEAF, not at the stalk. Doing this prevents disease from getting into the plant, so the cut drys and seals as far away from the stalk as possible.
Thank you for your reply, I have been checking my ph and it is around 6.3 I definitely know it is getting ample light and also not over watered. I do not understand about too much nitrogen, The plant started yellowing before I gave it any nutrients at all, that is why I thought it was lacking nutrients and started giving some mild fertilizer. Like I mentioned it has been in the 3 gallon pots in happy frog soil for about 4 weeks now.

Is the problem continuing to get worse since the nutes?
Those yellow leaves aren't coming back,but are more leaves yellowing now?

Is the problem continuing to get worse since the nutes?
Those yellow leaves aren't coming back,but are more leaves yellowing now?
They are getting a little worse but the big bloom is a very weak fertilizer that I only applied a couple times so far and the dry fertilizer I just applied and watered in yesterday so I am assuming it is going to take a couple days to do it's thing?

Yes it'll take a week or so to see much improvement.
I'm going to suggest that you leave the yellow leaves on the plant till they fall off on their own-if
she's getting nutrients from them,and you remove them,she'll start getting it from other fanleaves.
Not real pretty,but it won't hurt anything to leave them where they are.

why are you using a Blooming nutrient on mother plants my friend ? ..they are not producing flowers, the lack of Nitrogen & abundance of Phosphorous is making them unhappy..

you should be feeding with a Nitrogen based nutrient plus some Sea weed etc, so transplant, give them a nice feeding & they should be fine..

always remember when the leaves start dying from the bottom towards the middle, top of the plant, then its always a Mobile nutrient deficiency issue, so Nitrogen, Phosphorous, Potassium & partial Magnesium..

any yellowing or damage starting from the top leaves down towards the middle of the plant is Calcium, Iron & partial Magnesium..

why are you using a Blooming nutrient on mother plants my friend ? ..they are not producing flowers, the lack of Nitrogen & abundance of Phosphorous is making them unhappy..

you should be feeding with a Nitrogen based nutrient plus some Sea weed etc, so transplant, give them a nice feeding & they should be fine..
I am a new grower and someone suggested that because it's a weaker formula. I think I will transplant. Thanks.

Hiya buddy, she'll be fine, just needs some nutrients.
As a general rule,
Bottoms go yellow like that you add base nutes. It's a nitrogen deficiency.
Tops go yellow it's a micro deficiency. Usually iron, which is fixed with a bottle of "micro" or in my case I use calmag with added iron for that specific reason .
Mids lose colour and go blotchy or rust spots appear then they need calmag.
Always check the pH of the media before adjusting nutes as bad pH can cause just about anything to happen.
Always keep your feeds on the lighter side too. A few yellow leaves cos shes hungry won't do nearly as much harm as frying here with too strong a dose.

Would it be ok to transplant into foxfarm ocean forest potting mix? Also can I give them some liquid nitrogen nutrients before or after I transplant or should I just transplant? Thanks all.

Would it be ok to transplant into foxfarm ocean forest potting mix? Also can I give them some liquid nitrogen nutrients before or after I transplant or should I just transplant? Thanks all.
just transplant at first, there should be enough nutrients in the new soil, when the plants have bounced back & start producing new shoots, you can start feeding..

Back
Top Bottom