Jack Herer Plant Question

lewis916

I have gotten some clones and have been letting them veg under a hydrofarm veg light for about 3 weeks
they have gotta pretty big since i have gotten them. but i have noticed that they have stopped growing tall and started getting really bushy. and some of the plants have started growing 1 leaf...

can anyone help.
also is there anyway to actually confirm that these are jack Herer?
IMG_376512.JPG
IMG_376414.JPG
IMG_37639.JPG

they are in 3 gallon pots
with vermi fire soil.
i have giving it
5ml of flora nova veg mixed in a 5 gallon bucket..

The three bladed and one bladed leaves are what a plant puts out when it is revegging. A clone cut from a flowering plant (12/12 lighting generally) and then put into veg (18/6 or 24hr lighting) will grow leaves like this as it's transitioning from flowering mode back to veg mode. So do plants that I've deliberately revegged after flowering.
I've had plants in my veg room show signs like this when they had frequent light cycle interruptions. From the confusing light schedule (power outages plus me being careless) they must have started to think they were flowering, then changed their minds and reverted back to veg growth. It takes several weeks for them to switch one way or the other. I'm not sure of the cause in your case, but maybe you have an idea what happened?
Yeah there is no way to tell the strain, though a few strains may be distinctive looking enough to guess at. Anyway, there are several 'versions' of Jack Herer by different breeders.

The three bladed and one bladed leaves are what a plant puts out when it is revegging. A clone cut from a flowering plant (12/12 lighting generally) and then put into veg (18/6 or 24hr lighting) will grow leaves like this as it's transitioning from flowering mode back to veg mode. So do plants that I've deliberately revegged after flowering.
I've had plants in my veg room show signs like this when they had frequent light cycle interruptions. From the confusing light schedule (power outages plus me being careless) they must have started to think they were flowering, then changed their minds and reverted back to veg growth. It takes several weeks for them to switch one way or the other. I'm not sure of the cause in your case, but maybe you have an idea what happened?
Yeah there is no way to tell the strain, though a few strains may be distinctive looking enough to guess at. Anyway, there are several 'versions' of Jack Herer by different breeders.

Hey thank weasalcracker. that makes since its just weird that it is only happening to like 3 or 4 of the plants.. wouldnt they all be doing it? The only change i have giving them is when i sprayed azamax on them with the light off for about an hour..
should i leave the single leaves on or cut them off?

No I wouldn't cut them off. The funny looking leaves are their new growth and cutting them off won't change the process or help in any way that I can see.
I don't know the circumstances that cause the revegging for you (?) but I have had some plants reveg while others next to it were unaffected. In that case a timer in the flowering room stopped working and a light stayed for a few days before I noticed. The plant directly under the light started to reveg so I moved it back into the veg room. The others were fine.

The time I had issues in my veg room, which I mentioned, only some of the plants were affected. I ended up throwing them out because they seemed to be taking forever to get back on track and I had extras.

thats what i figured.. but i was hoping maybe someone has grown this strain and maybe it looked like it.
I am growing Jack Herer right now and my two plants switch from growing 5 leaves back down to 3 also. I noticed this after spraying for mites and thrips. I also work in a medical grow where we are growing Jack H and a couple plants there have also reverted to 3 leaves but most have kept at 5. I’ll be harvesting the Jack on Monday for the first time, so I’m no expert on the strain. But it seems this plant when stressed by like anything, easily reverts back to 3 leaves. No I cannot confirm you’re growing Jack... but it sounds likely. When you get new growth does it look funny, almost like a bud is forming (until the leaves grow more and reveal that they’re leaves)?

your photos do look like a similar strain to my Jack!

Hey thank weasalcracker. that makes since its just weird that it is only happening to like 3 or 4 of the plants.. wouldnt they all be doing it? The only change i have giving them is when i sprayed azamax on them with the light off for about an hour..
should i leave the single leaves on or cut them off?
Revegging plants usually have rounded leaves. I don’t think your plants are reveging from your photos

Back
Top Bottom