Jack's Classic vs. FloraNova

I take it you are growing outdoors???

I think you are way under feeding them too much of a break between feedings for one thing and not enough..but I don`t know know for sure but to me it seems that way..Hope someone joins in as I would like to know the 100 percent right way myself...!

Yes, it is an outdoor grow.
I've read that the common basis of feeding is either 20-20-20 every 30 days or 10-10-10 every 15 days. But with all the different circumstances and different strains of plants they all have different needs and requirements. With that said, I may have answered my own question. There really isn't a perfect ratio. But it is nice to hear what ratios have worked well for others with the various strains they used. This gives you at least a better idea where to start :) .

feeding is either 20-20-20 every 30 days or 10-10-10 every 15 days.

both of them seems way to long in between..but once again what do i know....

I believe the goal is to provide the highest level of nutrient ratio that your plant can absorb and make use of. Some may use higher doses and only feed once a month, others will cut it down and feed twice a month, or if they feel the way you do will cut it down even more and feed every time they water their plants (i.e.) every 2-3 days typically.

:peace:

Hi everyone!! I'm always looking for more info on Jacks Hydro formulas. I use their Jacks Pro Hydroponic 5-12-26, and Calcium Nitrate. I bought a 25# bag of each online for a total of about 100 bucks. It seems to be working great, and wanted to mention that Scotts Osmocote, is manufactured by the same people who make Jack's Classic. I think JR Peters, and Scotts are offshoots of a family business. I use Jacks Pro Hydroponic to grow my Pink Salad auto's in coco. One thing I like is you can tweak the amount of Calcium Nitrate to suit your water type. I use tap water, and may try an RO system in the future, but for now am very happy with the results. I was able to make auto seeds on my first run, and have calculated that at my current rate of nutrient use, my two 25# bags of ferts will last about 7 years. :D

Like Doc Bud I grow 12/12 from seed. I grow in 2 gal fabric pots in Happy Frog potting soil using Jack's Classic Dynamic Duo in a ratio of 1/4 tsp Jack's Classic All Purpose (20-20-20) and 1/4 tsp Jack's Classic Blossom Booster (10-30-20) for a combined quantity of 1/2 tsp per gal every other feeding. On the plain water days I use Recharge (a microbial mix). Doc Bud's pics show what a seasoned 12/12 grower can get.

Hi everyone!! I'm always looking for more info on Jacks Hydro formulas. I use their Jacks Pro Hydroponic 5-12-26, and Calcium Nitrate. I bought a 25# bag of each online for a total of about 100 bucks. It seems to be working great, and wanted to mention that Scotts Osmocote, is manufactured by the same people who make Jack's Classic. I think JR Peters, and Scotts are offshoots of a family business. I use Jacks Pro Hydroponic to grow my Pink Salad auto's in coco. One thing I like is you can tweak the amount of Calcium Nitrate to suit your water type. I use tap water, and may try an RO system in the future, but for now am very happy with the results. I was able to make auto seeds on my first run, and have calculated that at my current rate of nutrient use, my two 25# bags of ferts will last about 7 years. :D

Osmocote and Jack's are NOT made by the same company. Scotts' owns miracle grow, Peter's professional, and Osmocote. Bob Peters developed Peter's Professional and sold it. Then he decided to go back into the fertilizer business and his son Jack started JR Peters (still a family owned company and wonderful to work with). They manufacture the Jack's line of fertilizers. All great products just very different companies.

If JR Peters wasn't a privately held company, the Scotts Miracle Gro monster would probably have already bought it, too. I read recently that it spent $136 million (US) to buy a 75% stake in Gavita. Which is no surprise, whatsoever, after they spent $100M buying General Hydroponics last year. They also bought Vermicrop Organics last year, but IDK if that was part of the GH deal or separate.

And they just bought Botanicare, too. I guess they follow Snap On's strategy of "if you can't beat 'em... buy 'em." I'm not going to grow anything with their products - and that includes product lines that I'd have considered before those products got "owned by the monster." Sure, the stuff might still work fine - but then one day you might pour it onto your precious cannabis plants and find that their "plant nutrients" are suddenly imitating their (former) "bird seed" - you know, the bird food that they sold from 2005 to 2008 that was coated in... get this... bird POISON. They're like WalMart now, you couldn't put 'em out of business if you lined the entire board of directors up against the nearest wall and hosed them all down with lead.

I'm kinda new to gardening but I like to learn. I researched some products and found Jack's and ordered 20-20-20. WOW & AMAZED. Not organic but it sure works. I'm saving my nickels to buy Jack's 10-30-20.

Back
Top Bottom