Jack's Smack - Critical Kush - Chocolope in Hydro

re: Jack's Smack - Critical Kush - Chocolope in Hydro

Ok, so you get a container preferable opaque but if you are cheap a yogurt container with lid will work. Opaque is better to prevent algae but with tap water I have not had an algae problem ever. You will also need a piece of plastic hose (I used leftover 1/2" from my hydro setup), an air pump for aquariums, an air stone and an air tube.

Drill holes the same size as the plastic tube in top of container as many as you want plants. If later you do lot need all holes you can cover with tape to prevent light going in. Cut 1-1.5" of tube (depending on clone size you like) and split it open lengthwise.
Add some duct tape on it to label the strain and keep it from falling in.
Drill small hole in side of container near top and run air hose from pump through small hole to bottom of container. Fill container with ph adjusted tap water and add cuttings. Water level should be just below the tips so that they are above water and just getting misted by the bubbles.
image17900.jpg
image17899.jpg
image17898.jpg

Oh yes I have a clear container for that but rarely use it.
Clear Tupperware works and another one is go to grocery store bakery and look at the clear plastic they sell foods in. Get a box from a Danishes three pack or something.

Here is a pic with humidity done on.

image17959.jpg

In also have bigger Rubbermaid container with a dozen holes for doing seed phenotypes l.
If you want a big one then swap large air stone for a couple air curtains (long tube that bubbles) or a flexible one (though they seem to fail after only a year) can hot glue gun the suction cups they come with.
That one has a pastry lid humidity dome.

Other grow is harvesting tomorrow.
So time to get ready. I built cabinet ten years ago and water occasionally spiloing has made the bottom swell up. And I don't use the side mini cabinets inside any more. Never had mold, but figured a swelled up bottom against the floor mightake some someday.
So I will remove inside lower shelves and replace melamine bottom panel with 3/4" plywood painted flat white and space it off the floor with some 1x4" strips of wood
image17960.jpg

So last night spent a couple hours and took everything out of the cabinet and removed lower and lower side shelves and floor. Replaced floor with plywood and reinforced it with metal brackets and an extra layer of Mdf where it was weak.
Also started to replace door hinges with hd ones but had enough of work since I am sick with a cold.
Tonight I will finish the door hinges and replace the 20lbs of activated carbon for the smell filter, then put back lights and fans and mover.
The. It will be time to harvest and wash the chocolope and hang to dry. If all that goes well then reassemble the hydro system which will now feature a three bucket plus reservoir setup instead of two. Probably not going I finish it all tonight though as I am sick and working alone.

Cabinet floor replaced and lower shelves deleted. Refilled the filter with 20lbs activated carbon.

Ready to setup new three bucket plus reservoir system tonight. Did not finish last night bad cold is slowing me down a bit.
image18110.jpg

Wow she's a bit empty in there now.

Can't wait for the next one.

We should find some way of sending samples through the mail ;)

Haha good idea. Could try but would need to ship it to a friends place or something.

Well with my perscription I can travel across provincial boarders with no more than 30 grams :)

Got a little bit done on hydro system tonight. Drilled holes in buckets and installed drain tubes.
Installed pump and drain valve and hose to wall but realized I had 3/8" tee connections here not 1/2" so project on hold until a couple tees can be bought tomorrow.
image18191.jpg

Good news is hydro setup is finally done despite me having a bad cold and still having to go to work days (contractor) so I am beat at end of day and can barely finish one thing at a time
image18209.jpg

Back
Top Bottom